• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's because you really can't approach MK directly. pressure using the threat of attacks and baits rather than actually committing whenever possible, if you just walk/run up and fair/dtilt/DB a lot it's relatively easy for him to counter

etecoon

Smash Hero
they shouldn't be holding away, even if they aren't as comfortable with the marth MU falco's should have conditioned MK's to understand "grab to spike = SDI at the stage". if marth misses his timing I'm pretty sure uair is MK's best hope for escaping it anyway. I use DS when I think it will kill but otherwise I mostly just dash attack, similar damage to fair and you're only staling an otherwise almost completely worthless move

diegot143

Smash Cadet
ok im ready to unviel my marth secretes of the moves that i know if anyone is willing to listen.. like about all the glitches and what not.. i know ppl here know them but i dont see anywhere where ppl describe them specifically and i can if ppl want to know.

diegot143

Smash Cadet
on second though someone teach me how to make a explanation video... also if any one wants to see for them selves.. get at me on wifi to see if the stuff i do is really that complicated or not bc to be honest this stuff might be common sense or it might be slightly mysterious and slightly new so yeah get at me to those who would listen

diegot143

Smash Cadet
Great guide for this kind of thing right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m60cNfXMW2c
i think those are like combos, cool as they are, i had never thought about the foot stool dolphin smash.. but the ones i do are not combos they are like the tricks and moves of marth

llike for example the wave bouncing thing with shield breaker but doing it the direction your facing as opposed to the direction your back is facing, and doing that wave bouncing with the first hit of dancing blade the direction you are looking and the direction your back is turned to... ive seen them done, but i have not seen no one explain them, maybe i just dont look hard enough but im just putting it out there just in case.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You're talking about running to wave bounced db, right? Shaya talked about that all the a while back ( me too). It's pretty good. I like it better than pivot grab a lot of times. Except I don't play much so I always screw it up xP

Was kidding about the vid before, btw.

diegot143

Smash Cadet
You're talking about running to wave bounced db, right? Shaya talked about that all the a while back ( me too). It's pretty good. I like it better than pivot grab a lot of times. Except I don't play much so I always screw it up xP

Was kidding about the vid before, btw.
lol yeah the video... the running wave bounce is cool though you can also do a reverse dancing blade even if you are not in your dash motion. But i refer to when your in the air, you can change momentume with either shield breaker or first hit of dancing blade to either direction reguardless which direction your facing :)

some one explain to me how to make a video please lol.. or we can go on wifi and i can demonstrate i guess

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
It was first discovered by random lucas mains but they only did it with b-sticking. There are some falco vids explaining it and a marth vid showing how you can do it with db...on my phone atm or I'd give you some urls.

:phone:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
That footstool to dolphin slash is pretty dope. Btw what to do against Olimar I played Dabuz today and it didn't go so well.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
i know that marth has the fastest walk in the game. How do you all take advantage of that fact and in what scenarios do you think its a great approach? Oh and what do your opponents tend to do in that scenario?

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
i know that marth has the fastest walk in the game. How do you all take advantage of that fact and in what scenarios do you think its a great approach? Oh and what do your opponents tend to do in that scenario?
Walking is amazing, the reason alot of Marth's dash too much is because dancing blade is a godlike option that you can do out of a dash. As for when to walk and when to dash, your shield dictates which is better. At close range it in unsafe for Marth to dash into his shield, since the distance he covers before shield comes out is substantial, walking doesnt have this problem.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Probably P3 lawlawlawlawlawl

But for real, since Pierce won't share his secrets or else ADHD will break up with him, it's probably P3. lawlawlawlawl

Ally, if he counts.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
is there any scenarios where it behooves you to walk rather than run? I just want some tips on when I should utilize walking. Itd be nice to know what kinda mindgames you use out of as well if you all have any you'd like to share

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
BAM. Any characters that try to keep you out with projectiles are probably going to be MUs where you want to walk a lot. Marth has a really long dash and you can't shield out of a dash so walking makes it easier to close in and just PS everything.

The MK matchup is another one where I walk a lot. Just because if you commit to anything against MK when he is trying to camp you, you'll get punished. You have to walk in and just play a bait and react game against him.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
To approach MK, try dashing dancing out, then in. It will give you the space you need to block a tilt, and yet still get momentum from a dash.

As for the Diddy MU, I have repeatedly told everyone how to fight Diddy Kong, and I have yet to see anyone even remotely attempt to use my strategies. All the information I previously kept to myself, like Diddy not being able to tech from falling off Battlefield's lower platform, is now public knowledge. While there may be one or two things I have kept to myself, there is absolutely nothing gamebreaking to the match-up I have not shared.

Also, keep in mind, there are really gay things Diddy can do to Marth that ADHD has not shared either, and I very much appreciate that.

Player-3

Smash Hero
diddy is free as long as he doesn't use side b too much

that move really ****s up your spacing if they use it right

cough biglou cough

that nugs diddy is soooooooo gay

but srs to beat diddy just cp him to fd and exterminate with extreme prejudice

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
diddy is free as long as he doesn't use side b too much

that move really ****s up your spacing if they use it right

cough biglou cough

that nugs diddy is soooooooo gay

but srs to beat diddy just cp him to fd and exterminate with extreme prejudice
I just pretend like SideB is Mach Tornado, in the sense that if you're constantly vigilant about looking for it, it's much less of a threat. LOL

Player-3

Smash Hero
i played lous diddy for the first time sat and i got beat alot worse than i should have because i was like, oh all diddys play the same right

i was wroooooong

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
I get nervous and doubtful fighting Snakes with Marth. I played someone earlier and just couldn't get together and start playing real idiotic. He switched characters and beat me down I just couldn't react I just gave up on it and he just read me completely after that.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Lol that was me. I have this thread subscribed, so it's odd seeing you post here.

You were playing the MU pretty aggro so it wasn't too hard for me to predict what you were doing. If you're getting nervous just lay low for a bit and feel Snake out a bit, no homo.

ADHD

Smash Hero
To approach MK, try dashing dancing out, then in. It will give you the space you need to block a tilt, and yet still get momentum from a dash.

As for the Diddy MU, I have repeatedly told everyone how to fight Diddy Kong, and I have yet to see anyone even remotely attempt to use my strategies. All the information I previously kept to myself, like Diddy not being able to tech from falling off Battlefield's lower platform, is now public knowledge. While there may be one or two things I have kept to myself, there is absolutely nothing gamebreaking to the match-up I have not shared.

Also, keep in mind, there are really gay things Diddy can do to Marth that ADHD has not shared either, and I very much appreciate that.
What are you talking about? Marth just floats around waving his sword.

Top Bottom