• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

C.J.

Smash Master
If he has his jump, airdodge or fall away then go to the ledge. If he doesn't then if he's in range of the ledge try to DS through the SL using invincibility. Uhh, maybe try to beat it out w/ an aerial if he's a god and can time that consistently?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If he has his jump, airdodge or fall away then go to the ledge. If he doesn't then if he's in range of the ledge try to DS through the SL using invincibility. Uhh, maybe try to beat it out w/ an aerial if he's a god and can time that consistently?
or be a beast and learn2tech it. <3 teching stage spike shuttle loops

C.J.

Smash Master
Under the stage shuttle loop to me means MK is under the stage and SLs so it hits you away from the stage while he goes to the ledge/back onstage.

If you can tech that, you'll make Mr. Doom jealous w/ your SDI

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Under the stage shuttle loop to me means MK is under the stage and SLs so it hits you away from the stage while he goes to the ledge/back onstage.

If you can tech that, you'll make Mr. Doom jealous w/ your SDI
in that case do what you said. In the reverse my point stands valid :bee:

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, I got several questions for yall :D

1. What's the best momentum cancelling move for horizontal/vertical flights?
2. I've been having problems with the falco match up, in terms of phantasm and lazers help T.T
3. how to do the air release on MK? cause I keep missing...
4. Do people use c-stick for momentum cancelling?

Nike.

Smash Hero
1. What's the best momentum cancelling move for horizontal/vertical flights?
For every character, the best momentum cancelling move is the fastest one. In marths case that's fair. This is for both vertical and horizontal. I, myself, am guilty of using dair everytime I get up, which is wrong lol.

2. I've been having problems with the falco match up, in terms of phantasm and lazers help T.T
Lasers.

Perfect Shield - Perfect shielding the lasers is a good way to continue your approach and not get hit. Watch any mikehaze vs falco match, he does it very smartly.

Full hop - This gets you over any short hop lasers Falco will fire. The only thing that could hit you was if he full hopped and fired which, by the time he finished his short hop lasers, wouldn't be able to get in time. It leaves him guessing what your going to do next and it takes away one his his best tools, jab.

3. how to do the air release on MK? cause I keep missing...

Not sure what your asking here. To get him to air release, hold up on the joystick while doing a pummel (otherwise marth just does uthrow).

Actually, tilting the joystick without throwing might work too. You'd need Shaya or Kadaj to confirm that. I just hold up during the pummel.

Fair and Dash attack are the 2 standard moves to use after the air release. They just require timing, which takes practice.

4. Do people use c-stick for momentum cancelling?
Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235157

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
By question 4 I meant do people just flick the c-stick instead of using A-stick?
I generally use the c-stick. I can use the control stick for choosing my trajectory (like Up and away from enemy) and the c-tick for busting out the fair for momentum canceling

KillLock

Smash Lord
Not sure what your asking here. To get him to air release, hold up on the joystick while doing a pummel (otherwise marth just does uthrow).

Actually, tilting the joystick without throwing might work too. You'd need Shaya or Kadaj to confirm that. I just hold up during the pummel.
maximum trolling here

10/10

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah nike...

someone getting air released has nothing to do with the grabber, unless of course they always naturally air release them (Marth always air releases MK unless its on a slope...)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How hard is it supposed to be to grab release dair eMKay?
3 frame leeway to do quite a few bit of inputs.
That 3 frame leeway being shared between dashing, jumping, holding forward, dairing.

If you're doing it in training mode, you'll know you've done it at frame 55 or better if MK gets spiked on stage (as in doesn't bounce up). The latest you can do it is frame 52 (he can't avoid it, but he can uair you at 52).

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of still new and in progress of maining (subbing) marth. Aside from spamming fair, what other options are there in general?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
cr.hp, hj, hk, ad df, lk, lk, hj, lk, lk, ad df, lk lk, hj, lk, lk, ad df, lk, lk, etc...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
neutral air dsmash...

side b?
neutral air.

If you counter zss' downsmash she gets the counter jacket hit lag stuff.

Oh but seriously, nair's pretty okay against a predicted dsmash if you're in the air.

Side-B you need to learn to power shield.

Neither of the moves can really be spammed (as in, one after the other), so as long as you shield them and are not 'too close' (i.e. jab/utilt) you are in a reasonably okay position.

KillLock

Smash Lord
From my experience, a lot of ZSS players will play offensively with a "Run into me" strategy with D-smash and side B, lol. So be patient and wait for your windows. Works for me.

SkOaRaAn

Smash Cadet
How do you do a fast enough dash to grab when down throwing falco at 0% and chain grabbing kinda.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
you have to buffer the dash in the opposite direction and the grab.
you only need to dash grab in the opposite direction fast enough, nothing picky about how long you need to dash for, you just need to do it fast enough.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Wait Shaya, i don't think you can buffer a dash in the opposite direction. This is the reason other characters can't BDACUS the opposite way they are facing.

Top Bottom