• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sheik's like only kill move is upsmash.
Yoshi kills with uair quite well.
Samus's best (lol) kill move is how dtilt which sends upwards.
ROB's upsmash is fine.
Why are you listing charizard if he can kill vertically fine?
Mario's upsmash is bad.
Kirby's upsmash is fine.
Ganon's upsmash is like his fastest move after Jab...
HURR GAME AND WATCH'S DSMASH SENDS UP HURR
Falco relies on upsmash for kills...

Your list is bad.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Your opponent is probably already dead before dash attack becomes a kill move.
Actually, I think it is a pretty decent KO move. if kept fresh, it can KO at around 110%. Also, considering how quick the move is compared to his USmash, you can catch people off guard when used as a instant dash attack considering the fact that it won't be used much in battle in order to KO at that percent.

So is there like an actual thread on what side each character prefers to KO opponents at or hasn't such a thing being made yet? If so, should I ask that question somewhere else apart from here? Also apart from Frigate Orpheon, what other stages is Marth bad on? Also, would Final Destination be his worst neutral stage?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Sheik's like only kill move is upsmash.
Yoshi kills with uair quite well.
Samus's best (lol) kill move is how dtilt which sends upwards.
ROB's upsmash is fine.
Why are you listing charizard if he can kill vertically fine?
Mario's upsmash is bad.
Kirby's upsmash is fine.
Ganon's upsmash is like his fastest move after Jab...
HURR GAME AND WATCH'S DSMASH SENDS UP HURR
Falco relies on upsmash for kills...

Your list is bad.
I made it at like...2 in the morning lol.

Shiek gets most of her kills from gimping and iirc usmash sends people horizontally sometimes anyways

ROBs usmash sucks *** lmao. If you get hit by that you were either mindgamed really hard or you just suck.

Charizard gets most of his kills horizontally, and they usually use usmash as a damage racker.

Mario's usmash is fine if they use it correctly

Kirby's usmash is OK I guess but I rarely see Kirby's get kills with it

Ganon has so much ****ing kill power what does it matter?

GnW's SWEETSPOT dsmash sends you vertically. Most of the time it sends you horizontal, and his to other main kill moves his fmash and his fair send you horizontal.

Falco also has his bair and his fsmash, much better for killing, along with his dair spikes. His usmash sucks *** at killing.

As for Yoshi I had no idea lmao and Samus, she sucks at killing anything so I would list her on both horizontal and vertical lists XD

Atria

Smash Journeyman
huh? Dash attack is his easiest move to hit with and kills super early
Quoted for the truth.

Okay, so far I've got FO and YIB as Marth's bad stages and PS1, CS, BF as good stages so far. Any other good and bad ones? Also, why is YIB a bad neutral stage for Marth?

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I hate feeling like a newbie and asking newbie questions all over again, but I don't know much about Marth, so I'll make this quick and painless.

Just how often do you guys attempt to tipper a Dair offstage? Because I go for the meteor smash just about every time.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I don't go for it too much because I'm never facing backwards. I just like Fair better than Bair and I never like to try fir spikes, they're just not very reliable and relying on them for kills isn't a good habit. I only use then if I'm above my opponent and think I can get it. I never use it if people are in front of me. So I'd say like 2% of time offstage.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I only go for it when im almost sure it'll hit. But, its not very often, and a Bair or Fair (sometimes Nair) serve better.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I hate feeling like a newbie and asking newbie questions all over again, but I don't know much about Marth, so I'll make this quick and painless.

Just how often do you guys attempt to tipper a Dair offstage? Because I go for the meteor smash just about every time.
It looks sexy, but it doesn't have much brains to it (it's a blonde attack, lol). I usually use bair or nair offstage. I just love how nair is almost the opposite of a traditional nair sex kick, because it's more powerful at the later stages.

Atria

Smash Journeyman

I only do it when I feel like taking a risk, but that's like never IMO. Plus, I think that it is hard to land, even when I do it by letting go off the ledge. IMO, I'd prefer to Fair or Bair depending on what direction I'm facing.

Okay, so far I've got FO and YIB as Marth's bad stages and PS1, CS, BF as good stages so far. Any other good and bad ones? Also, why is YIB a bad neutral stage for Marth?
Yeah, I'm still just putting it out there. >_>

Villi

Smash Lord
Blonde Zelda likey spikey. ^o^

I was playing around as Marth against CPU Zelda the other day, and I wonder what you guys think of Dtilt to buffered turn around dair as a situational gimp. I was full hopping it to avoid lag, so I dunno if a sh will work... I can't imagine why not, tho. The timing is semi-difficult but it looks soo funny and killed her at 0% after she double jumped right into the back of my hand.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Blonde Zelda likey spikey. ^o^

I was playing around as Marth against CPU Zelda the other day, and I wonder what you guys think of Dtilt to buffered turn around dair as a situational gimp. I was full hopping it to avoid lag, so I dunno if a sh will work... I can't imagine why not, tho. The timing is semi-difficult but it looks soo funny and killed her at 0% after she double jumped right into the back of my hand.
This will hardly work on a human opponent. They would catch the ledge quicker then you can meteor, unless they pull the same stunt as the computer.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I got referred to your site before, but I don't think it discusses ALL tournament viable stages in there like Green Greens for example. That's why I'm wondering if there are any other good and bad stages for Marth for the stages that weren't covered in there yet. Or are the remaining stages not THAT important to be aware about?

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for letting me know your opinions on Dair tippers. Often I've found I can SH Fair (non-tippered) someone off the ledge and Dair, sometimes without using my second jump, and just about instantaneously. A quasi-Ken combo, if you will.

Dair spikes are nearly half of my KOs, I wanted to get a read on whether this is a common occurence or not. Perhaps I'm just blessed with good luck, or bad opponents.

Quite possibly both...

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Does the girl (my wifey Allysha) look like she'd play a badass Marth? lmao jkjk

Does anyone have any data (frames and such) on how much lag someone will suffer after being hit while in shield off a ledge? If no one knows specifically, do you know if its a constant? My **** sensor bar has screwed me over this week -_-

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I think that should everything I need to know about for now about Marth's stages. I'm going to assume that the rest are neutral for Marth and you just have to be aware of what character your opponent chooses and what stage preferences they have.

Thanks for the help with Marth's stages. I appreciated the help guys!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Does the girl (my wifey Allysha) look like she'd play a badass Marth? lmao jkjk

Does anyone have any data (frames and such) on how much lag someone will suffer after being hit while in shield off a ledge? If no one knows specifically, do you know if its a constant? My **** sensor bar has screwed me over this week -_-

1. Yup. That's a cool name too.

2. No clue ask Steel.

VietGeek

Smash Hero

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I really suck at footstooling people, i just cant get the timing of jumping on them, is there any good way to practice by myself? i press jump/up when im on top of them but i either jump or just go right through them :(

does bengals flamewar prove that the link boards are full of @$$es?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217185

The easiest way to practice would probably be to set CPU to "Jump" in training and just repeatedly attempt to footstool them. It's not very important though.

And just Aurashade... >_>

Top Bottom