• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I would say his grab range. And the fact that he isn't is a masked ball with bat wings that has tilts faster then Marths jabs and only has to press A to win
His grab range isn't that bad >>
Well his standing grab that is. His dash grab sucks. You shouldn't be using that >>

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I have a question regarding DDD's chain grab:

Marth's jab hits a frame faster than his up b, right?

So, even if the DDD chain grabbed right, would I be able to jab him in between grabs?

Not jab him out of the chain grab, but make it so that each grab he takes the damage from the jab while he grabs you.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I have a question regarding DDD's chain grab:

Marth's jab hits a frame faster than his up b, right?

So, even if the DDD chain grabbed right, would I be able to jab him in between grabs?

Not jab him out of the chain grab, but make it so that each grab he takes the damage from the jab while he grabs you.
Umm, no, Marth is in hitstun in between grabs, that's why it is a real CG against him.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
yeah, works on both.

Quick question - when you do db oos, do you jump quickly beforehand to get it out faster, or just shield drop?
Wait, are you asking about Dancing Blade(Forward-B) or Dolphin Slash(Up-B)? If you want to Up-B OoS it helps to just have tap jump on so you immediately go from shield to being invincible. If you're talking about F-B, and even if you weren't this is probably useful :p, just drop your shield and F-B as fast as possible

UWOcho

Smash Apprentice
i meant db (over b) - if you use it slightly above the ground, you can continue into the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hits. And since you're jumping oos its faster than shield dropping. I just wasnt sure if you have enough time to punish if you wait to drop shield, but i guess you do.

UWOcho

Smash Apprentice
Also.. will a perfectly spaced Fair beat the first hit of snake's ftilt? second hit? what about his utilt?
And where the fair won't beat it, will the bair beat it?

feardragon64

Smash Champion
^I think the fact that you slid off the edge while you grabbed. I'm not sure how exactly it works but apparently that's what happens if you slide off the edge while in the grab animation.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Lol, Steel and El dont even post vids

Look for Neo and Roy_R

Also, i have a question myself. When doing a reverse DB out of a dash, the red arc is more jagged then normal. It looks like this: > rather than this )

Is the hitbox different at all? Also, do any other characters have different animations in this scenario?

UWOcho

Smash Apprentice
Lol, Steel and El dont even post vids

Look for Neo and Roy_R
They've got some videos on youtube, I've watched em. Forgot to mention neo, and roy was linked in one of those threads.

About the DB, I assume you mean b-reversing the db. I just did some testing on FD. Mario was standing on the very edge on the left side (rolled to the end). Marth was facing left and his left foot was on the right side of the screen.
-With the [size=+1]Regular DB[/size], marth's left foot could be slightly farther (closer towards the middle of the stage) than the tip of the second arrow and he could hit mario.
-With the [size=+1]B-Reversed DB[/size], marth's left foot could barely go past the end of the first arrow in order to hit mario (he still started facing left).

garrR

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have any tips for tipping with an fsmash while grab releasing wario (i know to stutter step it, but tipping is just really difficult)
i have a problem with this too. i can't consistently land a tip. it seems to just be a timing you have to practice and learn, but its hard >_<

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Dude chill this is the Q&A thread Bengalz. Whether or not a question is stupid or not it still goes under here in the Q&A thread.

No Ken is not the best Marth based on tourney placings in Brawl. You only become the "best" when many respectable members consider you to be or you have the tourney placings to back it up. (or both)

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I've the stuff he posts on the other threads but the thing is... this is not the thread where you let it all out. Do it over there in the other threads where it is actually relevant.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
"iz," and the whole ken thing makes it seem like a joke. Don't tell me you couldn't read into that. Even then, it shouldn't matter where I tell him. It's relevant in any place that he can see it.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
"iz," and the whole ken thing makes it seem like a joke. Don't tell me you couldn't read into that. Even then, it shouldn't matter where I tell him. It's relevant in any place that he can see it.
Bengals you don't seem to understand that this is a "Q&A thread" So what if it is a joke? I also know that this dude is pretty much joking/spamming with all his posts however he asked a question and therefore is in the safe zone since it is relevant to Marth.

No matter how much you may hate him, you need to realize that here in the Q&A thread you are out of place for flaming him, because his post was a question (stupid or not) and therefore he did nothing wrong in this thread.

Now before I become this guy's lawyer send him a PM or something, flame him all you want there. :p

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Lol, I have no hate for the dude. I'm just asking him to stop spamming. This topic is meant for beneficial questions. Posting joke questions defeats the purpose, and I really wouldn't mind an occasional joke as long as he posted seriously every now and then >_>

Even if this question is somehow relevant, then he can consider this a response to his other posts. Lets just end this here, hopefully he stops spamming.

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
so the 3rd down dancing blade is a meteor smash..... in brawl?
anyone have vids on this (of which I couldnt find with search functions)?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Bengals you don't seem to understand that this is a "Q&A thread" So what if it is a joke? I also know that this dude is pretty much joking/spamming with all his posts however he asked a question and therefore is in the safe zone since it is relevant to Marth.

No matter how much you may hate him, you need to realize that here in the Q&A thread you are out of place for flaming him, because his post was a question (stupid or not) and therefore he did nothing wrong in this thread.

Now before I become this guy's lawyer send him a PM or something, flame him all you want there. :p
But I don't think you were there the day where I had to report him like 6 times for fighting/spamming with this M2K fan. He said that he'd arrest me for reporting him and that I was threatening him and I'd go to jail if I didn't stop telling him I'd report him. Finally a mod came in. I think Bengals saw those posts, didn't you Bengals?

And he doesn't want to know if Ken is the best JtM, he wants to troll.

I mean read this:

ok i thot that we could be mature about this but now i reported u for threatening us with reporting thats blackmailing not only against smash bords but against federal lw my moms a lawyer lol and me2king im sory but just look at tournment results ok ken wins everythin except at evo he lost cuz of a fluke i think his controller got unplugged but it was still close lol just how good he is
Now then, lets put this to rest.

∫unk

Smash Master
But I don't think you were there the day where I had to report him like 6 times for fighting/spamming with this M2K fan. He said that he'd arrest me for reporting him and that I was threatening him and I'd go to jail if I didn't stop telling him I'd report him. Finally a mod came in. I think Bengals saw those posts, didn't you Bengals?

And he doesn't want to know if Ken is the best JtM, he wants to troll.

I mean read this:

Now then, lets put this to rest.
Uhh, he clearly does want to know cause he asked the question, regardless of his past.

And I don't see how your spam is any better than his. I don't have fun having to read your spam posts. At least seph's I can lol at cause they're so bad.

Top Bottom