• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The only thing I need to do is hopefully get some videos of me or any awesome ike familiar to japes.

AKA proof.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
What the **** is this? lmao

And now that I think about it, the only things that actually bothered me about Japes was Falco, DK, and the water ._.
Japes is banned over here in the NYC tournies I go to anyway lol

Also, Aether drag to klaptrap is ****.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ryko's just making fun of kaito, but that's besides the point. MORE JAPES LUV ♥

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In Kaito's defense...he's from Germany. Or so says his location. I was gonna comment on his post, but I saw where he was from and decided against it.

In any case, as far as Japes goes. San, what's your take on taking Pit there? I know from my experience that they like to camp pretty hard and shoot arrows...so as far as it goes on taking them to Japes, I say no.

We should make a list of what characters suck most on Japes vs Ike. Possible grab release on squirtle off edge into water?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Don't take kirby to japes. I have a video stored on my hard drive, but I haven't gotten around to uploading it, yet.

Kirby has this thing about swallowing folks into his mouth and then attempting a Kirby-cide. If Kirby goes to the water with someone in his mouth, the victim will be in some kind of animation for about 1 second before being able to jump out of the water. The Kirby, however, can jump freely out of the water about 8 frames after he hits it.

Essentially, Kirby can get a water gimp on Ike on japes.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
FD, Norfair, RC, Frigate, Lylat, Hanenbow, etc. are all debatable.

Personal preference aside.
FD is great against characters with no projectiles: we then force them to approach due to our Fair...kinda.

RC: Personal Preference. I think it's that way for every single character in the game. >_> It just seems to have too many different sections to truly favor many characters other then MK and Wario.

Frigate: Eh, closest Ike has to a true "bad stage". But I personally don't mind it.

Lylat: The platforms help is greater then the tilting possibly screwing over Aether/QD. Great CP against the spacies as well. lol

Hanenbow: That's only legal in doubles. >_>

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hanenbow is not legal in Kansas, since nobody ever picks that stage. That's what the TOs said.

I don't think it's legal in the southwest, either.

You guys are so fortunate.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Didn't even know Hanebow existed as a stage. Lylat isn't good vs Snake IMO because those grenades and C4's can blend in with that stage...you'll be focusing your eyes more on where those things are than your opponent.

Frigate...I just suck at it...probably because I usually get CP'ed there by a ROB player.

RC is pretty fun...Ike has some instant kill situations on that stage. The infinite wall grab right before you come back down to the boat is useful. Finish it off with a D-throw at the right moment and you got yourself a free kill.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Frigate is ok imo, it has those little slopes that Ike can use for sliding so it's easier for spacing, and it's amazingly satisfying when you uair your opponent when the stage flips. But it can screw you over at times...so can the parts of the stage when it moves up and down(There's a wall some time during that and you can get a infinite there) but then you can't even ledge grab anything at times lol

RC is ****ing homo, you have to chase the other player(depending on character)
and most of the times, you're forced to move and you can risk an SD....

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
RC is pretty fun...Ike has some instant kill situations on that stage. The infinite wall grab right before you come back down to the boat is useful. Finish it off with a D-throw at the right moment and you got yourself a free kill.
I just keep throwing the character up against the wall until he blows up. The game literally thinks that the opponent died off the bottom of the screen. Do you have any idea as to why that may happen?

Proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqVFduSGN7U#t=4m23s

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Wow that's weird, the same thing happens when a character with Zair uses it when they're sent upwards and but they die anyway with that "blow up" animation.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
That is interesting. Never knew about that since I never wanted to risk it. Is it consistent?
Yes, it is consistent. Just don't try it on floaty characters. You get the same results, but you risk being hit out of grab.

I should call myself the glitch master.:chuckle:

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Don't take Snake to Lylat for the reasons that Bored stated. Also, against MK, RC should be an auto ban. Ike vs MK is absolutely horrible there and I think all of you should know why. As for Frigate, bah that stage makes me mad just like Falco. Some of the most idiotic crap happens to me there, the latest crap that happened was me receiving a Judgment 9 when the stage flipped over and I landed on the stage with Aether. Cost me the match when I had a 2 stock lead, because it ruined my momentum.

Kirk

Smash Champion
How awesome would it be if we had a thread for stage discussion...

oh wait.

And it seems like no one has mentioned anything on Norfair yet. No thoughts on that one? All I know is to ban it against Wario...you'll get air camped to death(happened to me in tourney), and to always stay below your opponents. There aren't very many options they can use to approach you if you stay on the platform below them. You know, like, oh, they have to approach from above. I'll shield, grab, dthrow you. Oh, you're back where you started. Fun.

...theorycraft...I don't play on the stage often myself.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ashu is where we belong. It's our chill place.

I can see Norfair being valuable to a certain degree. It eliminates CGs from Falco and DDD, and if you have experience on that stage, you can do some good stuff. I should practice there more often.

In other news, I got wrecked hard. My IF game isn't this Sunday, and the bus tickets to Dallas sold out. ****.

Random note: Niddo, you going to Hobo 20?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I like Norfair personally. Not one of my favorite stages, but I don't think it has any significant disadvantages for Ike, and I've been able to use all the funky platforms to my advantage on several occasions.

Edit: Was gonna show you guys my awesome new sig but it's not working. Yay.

:034:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Norfair tends to not be fair towards me. Then again, misfortune always smiles down on me. The lava always drops just enough so that I can enter the blast zone from the bottom whenever I use aether... I suppose I'll have to pay closer attention to the level while playing on it.

Of course, I did do something stupid while playing on Norfair. Even Ike can camp in the lava, and those without any projectile moves can't approach him.

Proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxvxY0MWJuw#t=0m46s

Don't mind me; in math classes, you generally need to prove your case.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I apologize for being so inactive on the stage discussion thread, I've been so busy with so many things in my life right now that it's really hard for me to update. If you guys want, I could ask someone else to take charge of it, because I'm certainly not taking care of the thread that well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kimchi, you're not even relevant anymore. According to Penta's AIM status, he is the best WIFI Ike. GTFO Kimchi. You're nothing without your title. You're stocks plummeted faster then when San lost to Slaps in epic random big tourny.

OH ****! Kimchi's post count is 666! Wifi God my ***.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Shenanigans. I just wrote a short post on Norfair and made a joke about 666 actually being fitting for any god of Wifi... and then I accidentally pressed F5 somehow... and I'm in class, so I don't feel like re-typing it. Ever.

=[

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oh hey, what did the Mario people end up putting down? Because I left after my last post. I can't stand A2's constant stupidity, I have to leave a topic with him in it after a few posts.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
WTF is up with this text? It's so Rated G...**** this. SWF probably got hit by the angry parents and that one crazy lawyer for looking too dark and moody.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Adding to stages...

Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 2

Nyah?
Castle Siege.....I just like the statues, fully charged Eruption on it and the hitbox lasts for a few more frames, people actually run into it to try and punish.....

I have no experience on PS2 at all >.>

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Castle siege has too many shenanigans. I like bthrow to dash attack here, especially because of the extended hitboxes from the statues that RedX mentioned. The first part of the stage is very good for Ike cause your opponent has no place to run. Be up in his face all day. 3rd stage is kinda meh. I avoid too much conflict on this part, feels like FD (even with messed up side) . It's really about playing a little differently on each section.

PS2 I choose if there's no where left to go... I mean, I don't recall any characters who are even bad at this stage, let alone ike having advantages. I mean, I feel like it's only very slightly better for Ike because of some of the terrains on the stage, but it just feels like a meh stage or if you personally love it.
Ike does have is throw infinite, can be quite slick on the ice, and have some dangerous kills on the air vent/wind section, though.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Sooo...Castle Siege:
1st section: Aggressive
2nd section: Shenanigans
3rd section: Defensive

Sums up it for me imo

Kirk

Smash Champion
Sounds about right for the castle.

PS2, I don't play there a lot.

Can't think of anymore stages that could be considered disadvantages...

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
PS2 I choose if there's no where left to go... I mean, I don't recall any characters who are even bad at this stage, let alone ike having advantages. I mean, I feel like it's only very slightly better for Ike because of some of the terrains on the stage, but it just feels like a meh stage or if you personally love it.
Ike does have is throw infinite, can be quite slick on the ice, and have some dangerous kills on the air vent/wind section, though.
The video that I linked shows a thing that all characters can do on the ice level of the stage. The snakes in my area love to mortar slide across the icy plain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom