• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Phantom X makes it dead even.

But in all seriousness Kimchi, this is one game that you are gonna have to turtle like no other. Ganon cannot approach you at all due to his pathetic speed. Retreating F-airs should be a priority in this match as they can counter almost anything Ganon tries. Don't forget about OOS b-airs if he ends up trying to b-air you himself. But yea, just turtle, and frustrate the guy until he starts coming at you with rage. Then take him out.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
So...60-40 or 55-45? I think it's 55-45 due to me struggling a little against the REALLY smart Ganons....but that's just me.
Or I'm not playing gay enough.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I disagree, Niddo.
I don't think we have any matches more than 6-4 in our favor.
I still think it's in Ike's favor, but only slightly so.
And I disagree with you. Ike's in favor of this match, 65-35. Ganon's metagame relies on mistakes, and that isn't included in match-up ratios. Ike's metgame does too, maybe, but not as much.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So...60-40 or 55-45? I think it's 55-45 due to me struggling a little against the REALLY smart Ganons....but that's just me.
Or I'm not playing gay enough.
Not sure about you, but I do have a problem with being over-aggressive at times. This could be it.

I'll stick with 6-4, but that is just my opinion. Hell, even the Ganon says it's worse. But. Whatever.
It could also be that I'm by no means a true Wifi man, and the best two Ganons I've played (Swoops, DLA) were both over Wifi.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
We have a whooping two that are greater then 6-4 for use: Ganon and Squirtle. Ganon is obviously, Squirtle for Jab -> Grab -> Air Release all the way to a walk-off fair for an amazingly early kill. And outranging all of his moves. >_> Nair > Squirtle's Air game.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
wow kimchi lol
nice job o_o

you really needa get out and **** the offline scene after you finish with your hw johns studies :p

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
you'll most likely be going against pink fresh

i've played him but we've lagged alot in the past so i'm not sure what to do here =/
except that his nair>your nair lol
you really have to be careful with your approaches or he can trap you in those gay lucas dtilt into smash combo or some of his other annoying air combos lol

he's a really good lucas though no doubt

Personally, i think QD should be considered as a kill move here ,seeing that lucas is always jumping around
and it worked on him when we faced so yea, just saying xD

@bored

I'm still in this </3
:(
*cries*
i thought you believed in me!!!! D:

LOL

theeboredone

Smash Legend
you'll most likely be going against pink fresh

i've played him but we've lagged alot in the past so i'm not sure what to do here =/
except that his nair>your nair lol
you really have to be careful with your approaches or he can trap you in those gay lucas dtilt into smash combo or some of his other annoying air combos lol

he's a really good lucas though no doubt

Personally, i think QD should be considered as a kill move here ,seeing that lucas is always jumping around
and it worked on him when we faced so yea, just saying xD

@bored

I'm still in this </3
:(
*cries*
i thought you believed in me!!!! D:

LOL
Well, I'm still in this, but you don't see me talking about only me now do you? It's a team effort kid. Stop trying to be so selfish.

-Mind Games-

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, if I win one more, I'm in Grand Finals. I have to play either a Lucas or a Jigglypuff. San, I need to play your Jiggs again haha, but Lucas I have no idea what to expect. :confused:
:025:
Ok, I'll be able to play you with my jiggs either tonight or afterwards, lol. Pretty free after my test today. I consider my jiggs pretty beast >_<

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yeah, if I win one more, I'm in Grand Finals. I have to play either a Lucas or a Jigglypuff. San, I need to play your Jiggs again haha, but Lucas I have no idea what to expect. :confused:
Yah if you end up playing Pink Fresh, I seem to remember a bit about him when I played him awhile back. He plays WiFi a lot, so don't expect him to be unable to execute certain things with lag, he knows what he's doing. I was able to beat his Lucas with my Ike in probably 30% of the matches that we played (this was like more than a month ago now mind you).

I remember he definitely loved that Nair, and used it to approach a lot. He didn't use PK Fire as often as some other Lucas' I've faced, but he did throw it out at appropriate moments and spaced it very well (always jumped and usually retreated very far when he did it). One thing I was able to do consistently was to bait an aerial by doing an empty short-hop, then do a retreating Fair on a double jump. I would connect 90% of the time and he even commented on it afterwards. He may have learned ways around that by now though...

Oh and when recovering with Aether, try not to use it too far above the stage. I can't remember if it was Pink Fresh or another Lucas, but they kept using PK Fire every time I Aether'd even slightly above the stage, and they timed it perfectly every time even with the lag. I know that Pink Fresh liked to use PK Freeze when I was off-stage, so watch out for that.

:034:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

Palpi

Smash Hero
Trust me, aside from some recovery tricks no one would notice.
I know how to zap jump. So I would be recognized as a top lucas!

The only lucas I played was at Viridian, maybe he just played poorly because I 3 stocked him with Marth twice. He did SD once in each match though.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

metroid1117

Smash Master
So we've had the Ike profiles idea.
We've have the idea to give a visible rating on different parts of skill.

Here's my idea. Rate the Ikes in terms of IRL sexiness.

I win.
Metroid and Kimchi tie for 2nd.
You ain't sexy 'til you can serenade a girl with the piano.
Or show off with pieces like this. (This is one of the pieces I'm playing for the piano faculty at the end of the semester.)
Brett for top tier. What are you majoring in, exactly? Piano performance?

But yeah... about the profile thing... what happened? Where are you, Arturito? :dizzy:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So we've had the Ike profiles idea.
We've have the idea to give a visible rating on different parts of skill.

Here's my idea. Rate the Ikes in terms of IRL sexiness.

I win.
Metroid and Kimchi tie for 2nd.
You ain't sexy 'til you can serenade a girl with the piano.
Or show off with pieces like this. (This is one of the pieces I'm playing for the piano faculty at the end of the semester.)
WTF?! Are you ****** ********? Yes playing a piano is cool and all, but when was the last time a guy got laid for playing the piano? Brett, what kinda statistics do you read? Don't you know that only 7% is accounted for when regarding sexiness? However, you are correct in one area. Playing the piano is 30% sexiness for gay men.

To be sexy, here is the break down.

Body/Face: 40%
Fashion: 18%
Way With Words: 35%
Talent: 7%

Your piano skill would fit into the 7%.

Of course my talent is to be just amazing at everything I do, so I'm automatically 100% sexy.

Yo Bored! I didn't know you played NA2.
I don't play the game, since I don't have a modded PS2. I do play it sometimes at my friend's place though. I'm more into Ninja Storm for the PS3 and I'm currently waiting for EX4 on the Wii.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Looking for Ike to play WhyTry with, because apparently I fail against him.
what? lol

Of course my talent is to be just amazing at everything I do, so I'm automatically 100% sexy.
wow brett,how do you put up with bored in tourneys:urg:

LOL i gotz new respectz for ya

and wow
judging by that formula
id probably be like
25% >_>
</3

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
WTF?! Are you ****** ********? Yes playing a piano is cool and all, but when was the last time a guy got laid for playing the piano? Brett, what kinda statistics do you read? Don't you know that only 7% is accounted for when regarding sexiness? However, you are correct in one area. Playing the piano is 30% sexiness for gay men.

I don't play the game, since I don't have a modded PS2. I do play it sometimes at my friend's place though. I'm more into Ninja Storm for the PS3 and I'm currently waiting for EX4 on the Wii.
Tacky Fool! Your incessant, enthusiastic outbursts of awesomeness are trite and false. You are not awesome, you are boring. Boring, boring, boring!
So, do we all reach a consensus that Bored is not awesome and that Kimchi is the sexiest? :laugh:
10boreds

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Tacky Fool! Your incessant, enthusiastic outbursts of awesomeness are trite and false. You are not awesome, you are boring. Boring, boring, boring!
So, do we all reach a consensus that Bored is not awesome and that Kimchi is the sexiest? :laugh:
10boreds
Huh? Sorry, I was counting my money...you know...that 130 bucks I won at HOBO...yea that money.

i think you're both lame

sexiness is all about....

SLAPS

LOL
According to Brett, Slaps is still alive even though he hasn't posted on here in ages. He does his work on wifi now. In fact, it's safe to say that he's a WIFI God now.

OH SNAP! DID I JUST GO THERE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom