• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

Smash Champion
As long as it doesn't hurt any kittens.

But yeah, don't ever do SHFF Retreating Eruptions...because that's incredibly silly(not to mention you can't fast fall in the middle of a special attack).

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I haven't heard squat about the -next- HOBO.
When is it?
It doesn't seem like i'm making it to this hobo. There was a chance of me going if error's family wanted to travel to SA for labor day weekend but its 10:15 right now and i've heard no news at all.

I'll try and make it to that one if i have left over money from buying my tickets to pound 4 :) Ryko go and team with me!!!

I really wanted to go to MM inui's snake, how in the world does he think snake vs Ike is 100-0, I think he said diddy vs Ike was 100-0 too :dizzy:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It doesn't seem like i'm making it to this hobo. There was a chance of me going if error's family wanted to travel to SA for labor day weekend but its 10:15 right now and i've heard no news at all.

I'll try and make it to that one if i have left over money from buying my tickets to pound 4 :) Ryko go and team with me!!!

I really wanted to go to MM inui's snake, how in the world does he think snake vs Ike is 100-0, I think he said diddy vs Ike was 100-0 too :dizzy:
Ike vs Ike is 100-0. Ike is guaranteed to win....OHHHHH.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9kKTxRhITA

^^^ According to Inui, even 0% odds aren't enough to stop Kirk.

From my personal experience playing as both Ike and Snake and against Snake (with Ike)... I'd put it at 65-35 Snake's favor. But that's just from my personal experience.

:034:
I'd figure it's more 60-40 in Snake's favor. If I can come pretty darn close to beating Ultimate Razer's Snake, then I'm sure it's not a tall task to overcome.

But then again, it's all about play styles...I get wrecked by IC and MK in comparison to Oli or Snake.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I say no more than 60-40 for Snake. I agree with Bored.
I am just some Ike and I nearly went 2-0 against Oklahoma's best Snake in pools at Oh Snap (close matches, 1-1).
I don't understand why anyone would think Snake vs Ike is 100-0. That's silly.

In other news-- Music Theory III homework sucks when it's completely over new material and your new instructor is boring enough to literally put you to sleep in class.
I am going to be up laaaaaate.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I say no more than 60-40 for Snake. I agree with Bored.
I am just some Ike and I nearly went 2-0 against Oklahoma's best Snake in pools at Oh Snap (close matches, 1-1).
I don't understand why anyone would think Snake vs Ike is 100-0. That's silly.

In other news-- Music Theory III homework sucks when it's completely over new material and your new instructor is boring enough to literally put you to sleep in class.
I am going to be up laaaaaate.
MUSIC THEORY?!!! So 50 years from now, I bet your kids will be taking Music Theory and Michael Jackson will show up in the text books. They be studying how to put your hand on your groin, thrust it out, sing high pitch, and then do moon walk.

I'll stick to my boring science classes, thank you.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So hey are we ever gonna get around to that Ike player profile thing that we've brought up several times? Every time we've discussed it before it's always been like:

us said:
Yaaaaa... errrrrr.... naaaaayyyaaaaahhhaannnnuuuyaaaaaa... ... ... ... ya... maybe... eh... sure...
So yah... are we doing it? Yes or No?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
We can just get a picture of someone protecting kittens and say its you kirk.

I'm horrible in pictures too but I'll still put mine up

Also everytime me and brett talk about tournaments we say I wish I had fought a snake instead lol.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Guys, just look through Facebook for pictures; that's what I did :laugh:.

But seriously, I think the profile thing is a cool idea; it would allow us to connect with each other outside of Smash and see the person behind the player/poster.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I definitely don't have a pretty enough picture of myself. Not a current one at least. I have plenty of embarrassing and silly ones.
Maybe I'll just use a baby picture.
dude....what are you talking about
you're beautiful :psycho:

and i think it's a good idea too lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, I just used my current Facebook profile pic... it was the only good one and it still isn't very good. But then, who doesn't think every picture of them self is awful?

And lol, no one else has the same first name as me on Facebook, and probably in the world.

/fun facts about Nysyarc

PentaSalia said:
you're beautiful
Teeny bit homo?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Lol, I just used my current Facebook profile pic... it was the only good one and it still isn't very good. But then, who doesn't think every picture of them self is awful?

And lol, no one else has the same first name as me on Facebook, and probably in the world.

/fun facts about Nysyarc

Teeny bit homo?

pssh,100% homo:lick:
LOL

add me on facebook !

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
add me on facebook !
Just search my name (in case you haven't figured it out, it's Nysyarc backwards :p). I'm the only one that'll come up, lol.

ZOMG LETZ MAKE LAIK A IKE GROOP ON FACEBOOK.

I call admin. No joust.
I call... what are they called "officers" or something? But yah, Facebook Groops are FTW. Lez do dis.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McstD3fO6fw

Only people who have played that game will understand the nostalgia... although it's an epic song either way. I didn't think that game even had a soundtrack but apparently there is a god.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
^ That game was win.

Except I'd just get to the Spider Queen and end up playing her over and over to get to lvl 99... and then get bored before finishing the game.

I just liked seeing my character get bigger and fancier every 10 levels. Heh.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
^ That game was win.

Except I'd just get to the Spider Queen and end up playing her over and over to get to lvl 99... and then get bored before finishing the game.

I just liked seeing my character get bigger and fancier every 10 levels. Heh.
LOL, that's exactly what me and my friends would do, but not always with the Spider Queen. We'd buy ******** amounts of thunder hammers (we figured out it was the fastest way to kill them) and eat various bosses over and over for fast exp. You could go from level 1 - 23 in a single run of the Wraith with four people in the game.

And yah, the Warrior's gear progression in particular was awesome. That's why I never used the secret characters, they never progressed their gear. :(

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
LOL, that's exactly what me and my friends would do, but not always with the Spider Queen. We'd buy ******** amounts of thunder hammers (we figured out it was the fastest way to kill them) and eat various bosses over and over for fast exp. You could go from level 1 - 23 in a single run of the Wraith with four people in the game.

And yah, the Warrior's gear progression in particular was awesome. That's why I never used the secret characters, they never progressed their gear. :(

I mained Red Warrior. His axe was BEAST at the end.

Thunder Hammer was BROKEN. Invincibility frames throughout the whole animation.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I mained Red Warrior. His axe was BEAST at the end.

Thunder Hammer was BROKEN. Invincibility frames throughout the whole animation.
Lmao I know, that's what made it so **** against the bosses that never moved. You could be a little level 1 newb and take on Garm with ease as long as you had several hundred Thunder Hammers in store.

I mained Red Wizard when I first started playing, then I tried the Warrior and once I learned some of his sick melee combos (like the spin move thingy... I forget the button inputs for it after so long) I never picked anyone else. Also, team combos were hilarious.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
PREPARE YOURSELVES... for a scrub question...

Is there a good way to practice reading people? I was just sitting there the other day when it dawned on me. HOLY ****! I don't read OR DI! Maybe thats why I keep losing... >_>

Any advice would be appreciated because I have been trying to learn, but failing hard. D:

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Use pokes, throws, and aerials to pick up your opponent's typical reactions. Reading is forcing habits and capitalizing on it by closing options.

metroid1117

Smash Master
PREPARE YOURSELVES... for a scrub question...

Is there a good way to practice reading people? I was just sitting there the other day when it dawned on me. HOLY ****! I don't read OR DI! Maybe thats why I keep losing... >_>

Any advice would be appreciated because I have been trying to learn, but failing hard. D:
I got better at reading by playing Wi-fi. Because there's input delay, you HAVE to learn how to read, otherwise you'll lose every match; Ike has a hard time hitting people with slow attacks that come out even slower on Wi-fi. The best people to play are the people with habits - go to AllisBrawl, join the ladder, and try to play low-ranked people; they're low-ranked either because they just began the game and don't really know how match-ups go or because they have some habit that has been horribly exploited.

Input lag will also make DI much harder; you'll have to DI before you get hit, so when you play offline you'll be able to DI by instinct whenever you leave yourself open.

Of course, if there are people around your area, then play them over Wi-fi :). You can also try watching videos of intermediate players and call out what the players will do. Don't try calling out what pros will do - they're pros because their habits are hard to read.

(Side note - I once looked on a YouTube video of PC Chris, a big-time Melee player, and someone made a comment that went along these lines: Try guessing what PC will do before he does. Every time you get it wrong, you've just been mindgamed. I just thought that was funny :laugh:.)

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
I am already in the ladder, and it is helping. So just for conformation, reading is trying to force your opposition into habits/ a position that will make them react in a predictable way to the point that you will know what they will do before they do? I always though it was similar to snake's D-throw tech chase.

Thanks you two.

Another question about DI (My C-stick is set to smashes btw):

In order to DI, do you have to move the respective sticks individually or will it still work if both sticks are synchronized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom