• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
He has a wannabe chain-grab. If it works, he can get Ike up to 35%. Otherwise it doesn't work because the knockback will be too large.

Ike can just jab out of it though.

•Col•

Smash Champion
He has a wannabe chain-grab. If it works, he can get Ike up to 35%. Otherwise it doesn't work because the knockback will be too large.

Ike can just jab out of it though.
Yeah, I know what you're talking about then... If you get caught by that, then you don't deserve to play Ike... xD Can't you just jump away from it too? lol...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Never bothered to try it, but a roll/spot-dodge probably works if you get the input fast enough. Jabbing gives better results though.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Never bothered to try it, but a roll/spot-dodge probably works if you get the input fast enough. Jabbing gives better results though.
Ah, I see... Rolling away is just my initial reaction when I'm getting chaingrabbed or something like that... xD I'll just try jabbing next time... =P

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I never use pseudo chaingrabs with my falcon. I just think ike isn't hard for falcon. i am going to start money matches vs ikes. Go ahead and ask Arturito burrito about my falcon lol

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^How are you starting money matches vs Ikes? I'm like the only one in el paso who isn't crap, I could probably do falcon MMs vs the Ike's here.

I do need to update this but I've been busy every weekend lately. Last weekend I was in chihuahua and now I'm going to hobo.

he can like chain grab him across the field for the first stock and he is too fast to hit with an f smash ... so all u really have is well placed jabs to get him off and MAYB a bair if they get hit by ur nair ... i need to get some more vids of my ike up but nyc is dead for brawl lol
Brawl is dead in nyc? how does that happen it was like the best place for brawl in summer.

Alukard

Smash Hero
it died ... we lost the venue ... and if u know who i am plz tell these randomz to chill out telling me i shouldn't b playing ike LMFAO ... i have one of the best ikes and i dont waste time testing/playing this game ... i just post here cuz kirk,burrito, and ryko are mah dudes and they are madd cool

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
all the new Ikes don't know about the legends. Now yagami is awesome in the eyes of some people and I don't even think he has videos uploaded.

That sucks about the venue but isn't there a big tournament this weekend? I think its in Jersey but I'm not sure Ussi get in here.

Hoser

Smash Ace
all the new Ikes don't know about the legends. Now yagami is awesome in the eyes of some people and I don't even think he has videos uploaded.

That sucks about the venue but isn't there a big tournament this weekend? I think its in Jersey but I'm not sure Ussi get in here.
He's respected because of his general knowledge, and leadership in finally making an effective match-up guide. None of us know if he's actually good, because of the lack of videos, but I think it's safe to assume he's a pretty decent Ike.

•Col•

Smash Champion

it died ... we lost the venue ... and if u know who i am plz tell these randomz to chill out telling me i shouldn't b playing ike LMFAO ... i have one of the best ikes and i dont waste time testing/playing this game ... i just post here cuz kirk,burrito, and ryko are mah dudes and they are madd cool
Geez, can you blame me? ._. No offense but your last post came off really n00b-ish like...

And I'm not really "new"... I lurked around smashboards a lot before actually joining, and even then I didn't start posting regularly until very recently... I really don't remember any old popular Ike players, except for RoK, and that was only because he was such a do*che... >_>

Also, for the record, I don't highly regard Light (no offense)... xD I think it's cool that he's working on the matchup discussion and everything, but I never thought of him as one of the best Ike's out there...
Granted, if you post regularly here and aren't totally incompetent, odds are you're already better than 75% of all the other Ike mains out there... xD

Kirk

Smash Champion
Oh man...I'm so excited right now.

Everyone is going to want to be Ike in teams after seeing my next video...

Made up some new amazing combos today...they look cool as **** and one of them is a 0-death if done correctly...involving both teammates :D

Man I can't wait to start editing this...it's going to be AWESOME.

/prereleasehype

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
So many good matches of me and in replay time but I didn't save any because I was so excited and didn't think.

**** you hobo 11 mindgaming me!!!

Well looking forward to all your videos I have 1 new azen video and I guess I'm just going to start recording my Ike at the el paso smashfests since I missed my really big chance. Next time I'm at houston will probably be for like this 3 day event tournament in easter 09. I don't even know if it's been announced yet since I found out before hand.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Burrito, there was a big tourney in Jersey, yesterday (67 people were in it, got 33rd ~_~ and Rykoshet was there too [but he got screwed over])

I'll have 3 videos from there but all of me losing ~_~ (just friendlies, but I didn't get to record too much :()

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
hobo 11 had 112 people. Kind of gay because there where a lot of out of towners and out of staters (I became an out of country representing mexico lol) even so we didn't break the record. There where supposed to be like 150 people but at the end Ike kept them away.

What happened to Ryko though? I kind of got screwed 2 In the loosers bracket I got lee Maritain and he ended up in 3rd. I'm not sure what I got probably not too good since there where a lot of people but I'm hoping I tied with like 20 other people for like 33rd too lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ryko was really really really really pissed off due to a build up of many things. In teams he went against two teams of D6 (DDD and DDD) back to back from round 1 winners to round 1 losers and that eliminated his team. (The DDD's dthrow'd him back and forth [Which I experienced against the same team later :(] (Then my friends tell me to go DK instead of my plan of Pikachu and we get owned more)

Then I think he had ugly matches with suiciding (I know he had aether go the wrong way in one match) But yea in his last match he just didn't care anymore. But it was good meeting him for once ;O (Course we won't Ike ditto since he hates it to the core)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
How can you hate Ike dittos? I mean yah they won't make you any better but hell they are fun.

Well sorry to here that I screwed up a few aether spikes too and one of them I just died. In hobo a lot of people got pissed off at MK. Like really some just decided to quit in the middle of there matches or not even do it I think.

Some really gay was that this guy 2 stocked azen's Lucario twice in a 3/5 then he goes MK and wins the match.

Something I realized I need to work on though are stages, I had no idea what to counter pick on most cases.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Best stages for Ike: BF, Pirate Ship (usually banned), and Corneria (Banned sometimes) I'm starting to look at Brinstar for a good stage for Ike. Early kills, lava can save you, spike thru lava, things to make usmash's hitbox last a day and a half.

We should have a stage discussion

XACE-K

Smash Master

Made up some new amazing combos today...they look cool as **** and one of them is a 0-death if done correctly...involving both teammates :D

/prereleasehype
:O

*waits in anticipation*

For Brinstar, it's a good stage for Ike and the lava rising can force your opponent to fight Ike in close combat. Just don't CP Snake with that stage because he can get more control of the platform when the lava rises with his mines and C4.

comboking

Smash Master

/prereleasehype
today would be nice!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I know all of Ike's good stages I just don't know others bad stages. I actually did end up getting 33rd out of 112 wonder why 33rd is such a popular number though.

Also CK stop with your stupid 1 sentence replies to everything it gets annoying fast. Don't even both replying to this.

edit: god **** I just noticed you posted something went back to a post before yours and posted about it again for gods sake having a big post count doesn't earn you anything.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I know all of Ike's good stages I just don't know others bad stages. I actually did end up getting 33rd out of 112 wonder why 33rd is such a popular number though.

Also CK stop with your stupid 1 sentence replies to everything it gets annoying fast. Don't even both replying to this.

edit: god **** I just noticed you posted something went back to a post before yours and posted about it again for gods sake having a big post count doesn't earn you anything.
^This.... >____<;;;

You're giving the Ike boards a bad image..... D:

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
in my losers bracket match I cauht a marth in a wall infinite and he didnt know how to break out but in his button mashing he accidentally paused and I basically lost the free stock kill, he was genuinely apologetic but by that time yeah I just didnt give enough of a **** to fight back.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
:O

*waits in anticipation*

For Brinstar, it's a good stage for Ike and the lava rising can force your opponent to fight Ike in close combat. Just don't CP Snake with that stage because he can get more control of the platform when the lava rises with his mines and C4.

trust me i know.......... A guy did that at the tourney when I CPed there.... Next time I'm bring Ike and aethering his *** for Platform C4 camping. (I was using DK since DK ***** on that stage...supposedly)

And Rykoshet, I WITNESSED that. He even said you could go back to doing it but the stage started to transform back. Also you would have won if he didn't hit start.

Kirk....... HURRY WITH THAT VIDEO!! My soul can't wait any longer for it T_T I must see Ike **** in teams and learn from it.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Speaking of doubles MK an azen where awesome in them. They kept on throwing people back and forth and they caught some people between them and just juggled them back and forth. One time Azen threw someone into M2k's shuttle loop. Or M2k to azen idk which it was but still kool.

XACE-K

Smash Master
in my losers bracket match I cauht a marth in a wall infinite and he didnt know how to break out but in his button mashing he accidentally paused and I basically lost the free stock kill, he was genuinely apologetic but by that time yeah I just didnt give enough of a **** to fight back.
Wow, that sucks.

trust me i know.......... A guy did that at the tourney when I CPed there.... Next time I'm bring Ike and aethering his *** for Platform C4 camping. (I was using DK since DK ***** on that stage...supposedly)
You go do that.

And Rykoshet, I WITNESSED that. He even said you could go back to doing it but the stage started to transform back. Also you would have won if he didn't hit start.
He would actually allow you to continue it!?

Kirk....... HURRY WITH THAT VIDEO!! My soul can't wait any longer for it T_T I must see Ike **** in teams and learn from it.
Agreed.

Speaking of doubles MK an azen where awesome in them. They kept on throwing people back and forth and they caught some people between them and just juggled them back and forth. One time Azen threw someone into M2k's shuttle loop. Or M2k to azen idk which it was but still kool.
Envisioning that in my head made me lol.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo ryko ... tourney rules are that if u pause ESPECIALLY in one of those situations they are supposed to b disqualified seriously thats some bull **** ... like even in the melee days ... if ur getting wave shined and they pause it ... that stock is gone.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
yo ryko ... tourney rules are that if u pause ESPECIALLY in one of those situations they are supposed to b disqualified seriously thats some bull **** ... like even in the melee days ... if ur getting wave shined and they pause it ... that stock is gone.
Yeah I know I could have gotten him DQed but like I said he honestly felt really ****ty and I just kinda wanted to go to sleep anyway so I just let it play out.

Alukard

Smash Hero
lame .. well the weeklies in nyc are coming back up ... i can't wait for them =]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I might go to that tourney in NYC on the 18th i think?? Depends really, you NYC Smashers know any train stations in NJ that go to NYC? (near Mt. Holly would be nice)

Alukard

Smash Hero
I might go to that tourney in NYC on the 18th i think?? Depends really, you NYC Smashers know any train stations in NJ that go to NYC? (near Mt. Holly would be nice)
well i'm 100 more of a fan of melee then brawl ... =\ ... so thats why i'm not going to that nyc tourney but i'll try to make it to another one when theres no melee happening... and sry i can't help with the trains either

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
>_> well any trains that go to NJ will work too. Last time i drove to NYC it was a disaster and 25 dollars for ****ing parking -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom