• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No I checked the list of people voted. You can view everyone's name in the list they voted.

Burrito, Guile, me, Kinzer, and Hero have all voted yes ;o

Gosh even in the Ike community we're split on this issue.

XACE-K

Smash Master
No I checked the list of people voted. You can view everyone's name in the list they voted.

Everybody has different views on things. I'm pretty sure all the other boards are split on this issue besides the MK boards for obvious reasons.

Besides, think of the feeling you would get if you beat an MK in the finals of a tourney.

XACE-K

Smash Master
True but I really don't give a s*** about what happens in the future. I just go with the flow when it comes to Smash.

And I was one of the people who wanted to main/second MK before Brawl came out. I played him and made him my other main. (Ike was the other if that wasn't obvious) But than all the MK is cheap talk started and I had to drop him.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Maybe he didn't post in the thread and just voted.

That's what I did.
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

think of the feeling that MK is usually the reason why you DIDN'T make it to the finals/next round
In my first tourney, i got sent to loser's bya Falco, then lost to a ROB next round.

In my 2nd, I went all Snake and entered Doubles instead of Singles and was kicked out of losers by ROB/Kirby

This might just be my state though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

In my first tourney, i got sent to loser's bya Falco, then lost to a ROB next round.

In my 2nd, I went all Snake and entered Doubles instead of Singles and was kicked out of losers by ROB/Kirby

This might just be my state though.
You're a minority

Alukard

Smash Hero
u guys have to understand ... when a character gets banned from a game ... the game slowly dies ... big time ... its not going to b picked up by big leagues as easy either ... if u find problems in the game as bad as banning characters it shouldn't b a tournament game

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm saying *IF* your reason for wanting to ban a character is just because you can't win against him and want him gone, that's just silly. You need much more solid reasoning than that to warrant a ban...

I say learn the matchup because...if you can't beat MKs...learning the matchup will enable you to fare better in the future. Simple as that. Just some advice to get a better grasp on the issue :D

My point still stands...its way too early to ban a character. He's just top tier...not insanely broken or anything. But hey...that's just one guy's opinion.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I'm saying *IF* your reason for wanting to ban a character is just because you can't win against him and want him gone, that's just silly. You need much more solid reasoning than that to warrant a ban...

I say learn the matchup because...if you can't beat MKs...learning the matchup will enable you to fare better in the future. Simple as that. Just some advice to get a better grasp on the issue :D

My point still stands...its way too early to ban a character. He's just top tier...not insanely broken or anything. But hey...that's just one guy's opinion.
make that two guys opinion ...

and also **** yea its hard to beat a MK with IKE ... imo its like 70/30 lol ... its just bad .... but still banning him doesn't make everything easier ... people will just pick someone up who is a top tier and break open all his goodies ... it happens ... just deal with it and play the game ... if randomz started 3 stocking people like azen m2k ect. ... then its a ban discussion lol

Guilhe

Smash Ace

There is no secret vote in Smashboards? Anyway, I voted yes because his dominance over the competitive scene is ending with the diversity of Smash. As it is now, Metaknight has advantageous matchups against the whole cast, and only Metaknight can counter himself (obviously). Banning him will force the competitive smashers to try other characters and potentially enrich their metagames, possibly finding a way to unban Metaknight in a near future. If not, well, the game will be without him. It has been nearly 8 months Brawl has been launched and no one has found a way to counter him, maybe we should try a different approach.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

Oh boy... let me explain myself here.

We all know Metaknight will not be banned in near future. It'll be months, perhaps even a full year before there will be a "thumbs-up" to banning.

Therefore, we will still be forced to fight Metaknight. I know that I as a player will still have to develop ways to combat Metaknight with my mains. That alone lets me know that we as a community needs to find out ways to fight Metaknight, because in full honesty, he's not perfect. There is SOMETHING there that the players can find that can defeat him at top level of play.

The reason why I voted yes is because, as of right now, I have high doubts that this "weakness", even if we find it, will hardly benefit the community as a whole because I completely doubt that weakness can be exploited by all characters. At best, it'll only be one or two.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Everyone who plays kirk only use MK against him from now on. that scrub shall learn his place.
LMFAO...

also i'm going to a brawl tournament this friday ... so i should have matches recorded at the venue if ryko goes or like ninjalink cuz i kno them lol and we cool ! =]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, best way to boost his meta game is to play in a way you never played before. Do stupid stuff, as in stuff that hasn't been done before, until it works lol... Most things are discovered by accident.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well lets try to get better at abusing SA frames in aether ;O I'm thinking maybe it can be abused against Link's and Samus's zairs.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
It can be abused against spikes to badly its awesome. shine spikes never work as well you don't even have to time it. a lot of times I go trough big time spikes like ganons and then come back down and aether spike them when they try and recover.

Not sure how it would be abused against zairs though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Seriously, I think we should try to use aether as an counter attack for ground moves. And the slower they are the easier to time aether ;O -is trying to hope- ~_~ I need frame data on when SA frames start and then when the hitbox starts. It'll be useless if the hitbox came first.

aethering spikes sounds soo fun too Burrito ;O

EDIT:

Ok, i did some research...

SA frames start frame 18 by the SA thread.

Hitbox comes out like frame 19ISH by Metriod's testing (Which I think is 2 frames slow...) so there is like a 3 frame time to abuse o_O.... back to the drawing board...

Kirk

Smash Champion
Exactly...with Aether, there really is no point to use the SA to counteract ground attacks since the hitbox is disjointed from your body when the SA starts. In this case, the better option is to shield --> punish, naturally.

I've yet to see anything of use with Aether's super armor other than for recovering purposes. It's almost like...*gasp*...Aether was designed to protect your recovery :o ...somewhat. At least that's what the intention was :p

But by all means...please don't stop trying to come up with reasonable strategies. I know I'm still trying... :D

Alukard

Smash Hero
Aether's SA has saved me a million times for recovery.
its alright ... how do u guys deal with diddy ... personally its not as bad as falco ... but i rather fight DDD and get chain grabbed instead of a good diddy XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
idk, I never seem to have problems with diddy. Just know what he's doing then spike him. his recovery is quite spikable with dair. Dtilt can hit his side B before he grabs the ledge i believe. Learn to handle bananas as well, and learn what he likes to do with the bananas. Try to catch them wit ha dash attack or aerial or PS them. Don't try to roll. if on FD you'll have to work harder than on another stage cause platform abuse works well. You should survive till 160%. Also, Shield grab his dash attack, watch for his fair and bair. Fair will start killing at 150%ish.

XACE-K

Smash Master
how do u guys deal with diddy
Well the most basic thing to do is steal his bananas. You can glide toss with them and Diddy's seem to do really when they use the nanerz. You should also watch out for f-air because they are some of his best kill moves. Watch out when he uses face **** side-B to recover because if he latches on to you when your over the bottom blast zone, you could die if you're low enough.

Besides, you live in the city. Practice against NL's Diddy since he seems to be the best one in NYC.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
edit^: seems like? are you on crack?

I'm not to sure if I've actually fought good diddies. The Dtilt can spike him out of his side b though ussi its pretty awesome when it happens too. Something I'm not to sure on is if you hit him out of his up be does he get another one? or does it take a while since the barrels go flying everywhere.

I always strike FD for neutrals its just to annoying against anyone with a projectile and platform abuse = orgasms.

but like Ussi said just use the bananas against him. diddy has tripping into combos Ike has tripping into mind shattering planet destroying super nova exploding black hole crushing death.

comboking

Smash Master
I don't know if this is known but you can warp from under BF u know the part under the stages slant if its KNOWN I WON'T POST HOW TO DO IT! sorry for the caps lock
ike can also warp have way throgh the stage if u do it differently he wound't lan on the stage though

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
but like Ussi said just use the bananas against him. diddy has tripping into combos Ike has tripping into mind shattering planet destroying super nova exploding black hole crushing death.
^This. :laugh:

Although some Diddy players I know refrain from using bananas in their fights.

Alukard

Smash Hero
well then again ... the diddy i fight is NL's lol ... so yea ... he is the best diddy lol ... mayb thats why its kinda hard ... but ike seriously has nothing on him lol

EDIT!!!

^This. :laugh:

Although some Diddy players I know refrain from using bananas in their fights.
those are some horrible diddy's then ... he blows without the potassium

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well then again ... the diddy i fight is NL's lol ... so yea ... he is the best diddy lol ... mayb thats why its kinda hard ... but ike seriously has nothing on him lol

EDIT!!!

It's not that Ike has nothing, NL knows what Ike has and makes sure you don't exploit it.

shield grab, I'm telling you, works on diddy. Using the bananas against him is easier said than done. I prefer to ignore them and never throw them directly at him (unless he's recovering). Better throwing it up or mind gaming it. Most diddy's can catch a banana thrown at them or that land in front of him. Also, use nair a lot ;O

Diddy can't use Up B when you hit him out of it until the barrels blow up I believe.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Are you questioning that NL isn't the best diddy? Cause that is what you implied
I implied that he's the best Diddy in NYC. I don't know who the absolute best Diddy is but NL is definitely in the running for it.

Alukard

Smash Hero
well ummm ... i'm known as one of the best/smartest ike's ... and all i have to say is ... that those assumptions about my ike are true lmfaooo =]]]]

Guilhe

Smash Ace

EDIT!!!

Well, Diddy is the first character that comes to mind when I’m talking about SA frames and mindgames. Diddy has an awesome rush attack, almost unpunishable as it has no ending lag. Good Diddys know it and abuse it in order to retrieve his bananas quickly. I pay close attention to his rush attack when I find myself near one of his bananas, so if he use it from too far away, I use Eruption.

Back to Ike’s metagame, I was thinking about jumping off stage charging Eruption as a gimp technique. If the opponent has already used his jump then it should be much easier to connect and, it is Eruption we are talking about (giant hitbox, spike and Usmash potential to kill).

XACE-K

Smash Master
well ummm ... i'm known as one of the best/smartest ike's ... and all i have to say is ... that those assumptions about my ike are true lmfaooo =]]]]
O rly? I though everybody was just in love with you.
sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom