• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I went ahead and watched the Ike v Lucario and Ike v Peach friendly matches, and I am quite impressed at how you played, especially considering your opponent was Azen.

Some small tips I have:

- You should employ Eruption as an edgeguard. That situation in the Peach match on Smashville where you decided to Fsmash near the edge is a prime example. The Fsmash charge does not last as long as Eruption does, and I think it would have served you better here.

-Counter, if only a little. In the two matches I saw, I think there was one small, slightly desperate counter at the end of the Peach match. It would have better served you when you could predict those Fairs. And it would have helped you in the Lucario match as well, if you predicted the Close Range Aura Spheres.

-You might consider using Up Air. I don't think I saw any of it. It would have served you especially well for when Peach was airborne and near the ground, a FF Uair would have done a nice job. You might have also considered using Up Throw to link into this, something I didn't see used (You did a fine ob of the rest of the throws)

-You did a nice job of using Quick Draw for the most part, but I have a bit of a suggestion. At the point where Azen was at high power as Lucario and using Fsmash liberally, you might have considered charging a Quick Draw, waited the Fsmash out and lunged, both killing him and stopping his momentum.

Sorry if this sounds nitpicky, but I'm only commenting this much because I truly liked your Ike.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well I do use U air more actually killing his Diddy with it.

I hate counter every time I use it it back fires. Plus this is azen we are talking about he can main random if he wanted to and would win every time. counter is a bad move imo.

QD vs lucario Fsmash is a no. QD takes longer to travel than Fsmash comes out and finishes.

I noticed those Fsmash eruption moments before I've been trying to work on it but old habits die hard. I'm still air dodging when I get launched some times.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
You still might have done a tiny bit better in both matches if you tried to do things like jump->counter, it wouldn't do to make a habit of it, but it'd deter Azen from a possible option next time you jumped at him. Not necessary, but always an option.

And as for QD on Lucario, the main moment I might have thrown one out is right after you spiked him and he rolled away at 1:10 or so. If you charged there, you might have either hit him with the QD or stopped right in front of him and Up Tilted or Jabbed. Just keep the options open, pretty much,

Kirk

Smash Champion
I have the same hack...it's pretty **** awesome.

So fun to play around with...Ike can actually combo :p

QuickDraw --> Fsmash is my favorite....or QD --> FullEruption...both pretty epic if you ask me :D

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend that has a pretty good ness and I want to know if Ness is good with Ike on teams? Also I want to know whats Ikes best team partner, or is it who you feel more comfortable with?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well there are like 1 or 2 threads on that one was actually a poll and zamus seemed to be the best result.

Ness is pretty much good for everyone in teams for some reason maybe its because a lot of people have projectiles and he can just heal saving you stocks. What I really like best about it though is the PK fire to grab because if he is port 4 then you get a free Fsmash with out hurting your partner.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
oh ok thanks i'll remember that when we play next time and ur ike's really good in those azen vids.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I have the same hack...it's pretty **** awesome.

So fun to play around with...Ike can actually combo :p

QuickDraw --> Fsmash is my favorite....or QD --> FullEruption...both pretty epic if you ask me :D
Agreed. But Capatain Ike d-air to f-air is awesome too.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
you could tell he knows the match-up by Fair'ing the aether. also there were alot of times u couldve sh Bair out of shield but u did sh Dair.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Ah, I see.

I enjoyed those videos, your Ike ditto skill is pretty good, as is Bored's. I'd like to battle you sometime, to see how I compare (even though it's wifi, but meh). I don't have my Wii at my house at the moment, but I will tomorrow probably, if you're interested.

Hoser

Smash Ace
I've done wifi matches with people in CA with minimal-to-no lag, so it might be fine. If not then meh.

I probably won't be able to do that, so we might have to make it another day. However, if I can before then, I'll make sure to IM you.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Isn’t necessary to have a premium account or permission from the moderators in order to make a custom title? His account isn’t premium…

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hey guys, I don't know how many of you have seen the poll for banning MK, out of us Ikes, I see only 6 regular posters here who voted. 5 voted yes and one surprisingly voted No. Light I want to know your opinion on why you think MK should not be banned ;O?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Because it's silly to ban a character...especially this early in the metagame.

And it's a horrible reason to want to ban a character just because he can potentially slaughter your main. Learn the matchup :o

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
;O Kirk, even your on the no ban side. You gave a silly excuse though. Seriously, "learn the match up" is not enough to warrant a no ban. Likewise, the banning side can't come with a valid ban point either. Its a statement.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Hey guys, I don't know how many of you have seen the poll for banning MK, out of us Ikes, I see only 6 regular posters here who voted. 5 voted yes and one surprisingly voted No. Light I want to know your opinion on why you think MK should not be banned ;O?
Just voted and I said don't ban him. I don't feel like posting my reason why there but here is fine. XP

First, I agree with Kirk. It's dumb to ban characters and you should learn the match-up to win the fight. Also, the people who play MK to take the easy way out and win tournies will never earn everybodies respect. They will be known for winning because they used MK while others would get praised for winning with less over-powered characters.

I just feel bad for true MK fans. (The ones that actually wanted to main MK before Brawl came out due to liking him as a character)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom