• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Dumb Captain Falcon is right! Still, you play Ike as he should be played, in any case. You might consider using Quick Draw to move around a bit and attempt some Air Draws, especially against CF.
It was actually an odd match, not having used QD even once. It was unuausal, but I know how to use it for the most part. I just hope that this earns Eruption some kind of merit, because it is most certainly underrated.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So, Ike got near bottom of Middle tier. Since this probably doesn't deserve it's own topic, what do you guys think of that? I think he should be higher up, personally. Being next to Shiek and Peach isn't impressive.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
So, Ike got near bottom of Middle tier. Since this probably doesn't deserve it's own topic, what do you guys think of that? I think he should be higher up, personally. Being next to Shiek and Peach isn't impressive.
Well, to my knowledge, the tiers are based on tournament outcomes. He's highest on the lowest grade that can be obtained by characters who aren't scarcely used at tournaments. What can be deducted from this is that the majority of people who used Ike at tournaments did not do so well, maybe because any number of them were noobs/scrubs who thought they were hot stuff with Ike or something, I'm not sure, but it's a plausible hypothesis.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Well, to my knowledge, the tiers are based on tournament outcomes. He's highest on the lowest grade that can be obtained by characters who aren't scarcely used at tournaments. What can be deducted from this is that the majority of people who used Ike at tournaments did not do so well, maybe because any number of them were noobs/scrubs who thought they were hot stuff with Ike or something, I'm not sure, but it's a plausible hypothesis.
They aren't purely tourney outcomes, as stuff like Luigi has been doing horribly and he's higher than Ike is, while Ike is the highest in D rank or something. Your hypothesis, however, is plausible. It is quite possible that people used to owning friends as Ike go and get themselves owned by something they don't know about like a Falco CG etc. But how many of those people can there be!?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I am honestly surprised he made as high as he did. No one sees Ike as a good character not even his own board, so him not being middle of low is surprising to me. He will probably drop in the revisions and never rise. Doesn't bother me though, the majority of characters I played in Melee were low on the tier list.

Toon Link should be higher but this topic is not about that now is it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Dumb Captain Falcon is right! Still, you play Ike as he should be played, in any case. You might consider using Quick Draw to move around a bit and attempt some Air Draws, especially against CF.
Unfortunately, a real CF main would have either dropped down and waited for it to finish, or done a ledgehopped up-B and teleport-sweetspotted the Eruption ;_;

A theory I saw in the Sonic boards was that the tier list has something to do with matchups against the top tier characters.

`.`; Like maybe some range against MK/Snake.

lol Sonic's tourney results are much better than some other characters, and he's still placed 5th from bottom and a bunch of them are ticked off about that :laugh:

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
No one sees Ike as a good character not even his own board, so him not being middle of low is surprising to me.
Really? I just thought everyone was playing around, looking at all of his cons and not enough at his pros to throw people off into thinking that even they thought he was bad to use the resulting irony to tick off all the pestilences that say he's rigged. I certainly don't think he's anywhere near bad.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Sorry Ussi, Like I've said before I've been busy but I'll update this a lot tomorrow. Was planing on doing it this weekend but my dad came over and now he decided to stay here for a week so tomorrow is the first day that I'm not spending with him.

as for the tier list I don't really care what Ike placed I had a feeling he was going to be pretty low. I actually expected him lower because of how underestimated he is. I think a lot of people expected him lower.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I, for one, expected both Ike AND Mario higher. If it's not based entirely on tournament outcomes, then why in the world is Mario in the D Rank? Hell, he was in the E Rank not last week, I believe.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
my ike is the **** ... no johns everyone =]
Yes, Your Ike makes Tropical Storm Ike cower in fear, if you were in Florida it would turn around right now before reaching the Bahamas even if it was a category 5 hurricane. Your Ike also makes all Metaknights cower in fear as well and you send fear down anyone's spine that dares look at it. Ike would be God tier if they based it off of your Ike. I could go on but this should have given everyone a small glimpse at how godly your Ike is. :)

Edit:

Had to be done/probably already done but who cares, I had to.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
This deadly natural disaster is giving me abundant laughs. Something is wrong.
I'm living in Florida and I am laughing at all of it. I can't wait for it to hit, I'll have "hanging out with Hurricane Ike" in my location. If I could make a shirt I'd have it say "I Prepared myself" on the front and that pic with "we got no sympathy from him" on the back.

So don't feel bad, some people in Florida are loving it.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yeah...whats up?

Been away from here for awhile now...anything worth talking about? Besides hurricanes and complaining about tiers? :o

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^lol that would be awesome. I updated this a bit but still have some more spaces to fill. Hard to find some of the matches.

edit: dang you kirk that lol was for rutger.

Kirk

Smash Champion
My new school so far sucks in the brawl scene...I haven't seen any tournaments around...heck not even a decent player.

*keeps searching*

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I have a feel like that most people at my school would be scrubs as well but The university from here seems to have the best smashers or at least they have a lot of them and a good number of decent people.

Something I'd like to know though would be people's youtube channels so I can subscribe and find videos for the match up section as well so if you can post them here or aim them to me It would make life easier and get more videos up here faster.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I have a youtube account but there are no videos of me playing. I haven't done anything with FE4 ether, but no one cares about that so I can slack/play P3/Megaman. >_>
I need to find people that play Brawl near me. If I get any vids I'll post them here.

Hurricane Ike is already a category 4 storm, hope it does not hit anyone too hard.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I also have a youtube channel, though I doubt I have anything useful what so over. The most I can probably do is scout around youtube, veoh, and other places for quality Ike videos.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm at a loss for new material since my compilation video...I should get back to that when I find something I can use... xD

Alukard

Smash Hero
i really dont like brawl except for ike and some other new chars and songs ... but i'm oddly really good at it with ike ... lol ... i wanna play kirk offline someday ... it would b fun ... also i never played ike dittos ...except against silven in tourney here in ny which i won 2-0 ...

Kirk

Smash Champion
i really dont like brawl except for ike and some other new chars and songs ... but i'm oddly really good at it with ike ... lol ... i wanna play kirk offline someday ... it would b fun ... also i never played ike dittos ...except against silven in tourney here in ny which i won 2-0 ...
I'd kill to play ANY decent person offline right about now xD

I was in NY last year, but this year I'm in IL...so it'd be kind of hard to get together lol. If you play online there's a possibility we can work something out there.

Meh....lolwifi....but it's all I got right now :o

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirk needs to contribute to this one http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189813&page=10 and where did ussi go? match ups are like his strong point. He should be like o DDD huh? *posts 12,000 word easy*

quick question though. What is actually considered a bad match up? I always thought that 60-40 and 70-30 where small advantages but others seem to think 70-30 is a large one.
I've been contributing...more so concise and to the point responses :D

And about the advantage/disadvantage thing, it's all relative...a disadvantage is a disadvantage. Maybe people feel that putting anything at 80-20 is just going too far or something. I mean, any one character can overcome a bad matchup....if they score it too low then it makes it feel like it is absolutely hopeless.

*shrug*

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well idk I just always thought that 45-55 where neutrals, 60-40, 30-70 being small advantages. 80-10 and above being big advantages.

But that new character board chart looks at 70-30 as a big advantage which kind of seems off to me.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Enough about disadvantages. I don't feel like checking to see if it's been said before, nor do I want to have such a ridiculously concise post, so did everyone already discover that at moderate damages (like, somewhere between 20% and 50%) that the ending frames of the n-air, in which Ragnell is behind Ike, leads very well into a b-air? Just tossing that out there; it's nice to have tactics in conversation like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom