• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
British Tea is awful. The US boycotted it, and people in India boycotted it. It sucks that bad.
something tells you me you dont meh XP
youre thinking of earl grey, and yes, that is disgusting. its horrible stuff, but NORMAL british tea is sold pretty much everywhere except the US because they jsut dont like tea XD

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Pardon my lack of knowledge about foreign travel but is it particularly easy to be able to cross the border between France and Belgium? As in, do they normally check for a lot of paperwork or do they just let you cross the border freely?

Regardless, I'm cheering for you if you go!

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Yea it's easy. They just let us cross the border freely. It's a bit different compared to the USA when you cross a state. In Europe there is something called "Espace Shengen". When you have your indentity papers from a country in this "Shengen Area" you don't have problem to cross borders in this Shengen Aera. They sometimes check your identity papers but most of time you don't even notice that you have crossed a border ^^
Btw, by train the travel lasts about 2h !

Yea, I was lurking cause I don't know what to say ._.

Sorry for my poor english level, i'll be happy if you correct my sentences ^^

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
its nice Europe is able to set up a system like that. Some of my professors that went there to study said you could go from like one city and into another countries city for lunch if you had your paper work.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
To be honest, I think your English level is remarkably high. It's not poor by any means. Since you did ask for corrections I will point out that "you don't have problems while crossing borders" is a better way to say "you don't have problem to cross borders" like you did.

And are certain countries parts of this "Shengen Area" or something like that? Like, are certain countries members of some sort of organization?

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
To be honest, I think your English level is remarkably high. It's not poor by any means. Since you did ask for corrections I will point out that "you don't have problems while crossing borders" is a better way to say "you don't have problem to cross borders" like you did.

And are certain countries parts of this "Shengen Area" or something like that? Like, are certain countries members of some sort of organization?
Yes, you're right. Shengen Aera is something that severals countries approuved. Here is another picture that shows you which countries are in this Shengen Aera !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Schengen_Agreement_map-annotated_fr.svg

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
That's a pretty large area, actually. What does "Pays signataires sans application des accord" mean? A token amount of high school French tells me it means signatory (those who signed) countries without an application of agreement, but I'm not trusting myself on this issue.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
I think they're right. I think it means that it's the countries that have approuved (signed) to be in that Shengen Aera but they aren't really in because they haven't applied what they've signed yet. Or maybe cause of their laws.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I'd get brawl- so fast if only i had a sd card and the homebrew too bad i have neither

DX

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
In Brawl- Jab to Dtilt is a combo. 'Nuff said.

Actually, judging by a clip in that video, Fair to Dtilt is a combo. What next? Fair to Dair? Oh wait...

:034:

metroid1117

Smash Master
I play Brawl- with my friends pretty constantly (every Friday), Ike is pretty ridiculous.

FAir has no landing lag, so at 0% FAir -> anything is a true combo. You can also QD as many times as you want in the air and interrupt it at any point in the attack (even if the hitbox is triggered), so you can go out and spike/FAir people, come back, and Aether. Dash attack can also be interrupted once the hitbox comes out, so you can do jab -> BThrow -> dash attack -> jab -> regrab. At the edge, you can probably even do BThrow -> dash attack -> DTilt. Jab -> anything is pretty reasonable, and they even buffed DSmash so it hits outward like in BBrawl.

Also, there are wind hitboxes on FSmash, USmash, and the landing lag for FAir. My friend (Foodies) actually killed me twice by pushing me during Aether with her FAir, it's such an effective edgeguard in Ike dittos.

The only thing I don't like about Ike- is that his DThrow is like vBrawl Snake's, but it seems like you can't really follow up with anything. Other than that, Ike- seems on par with the other characters in terms of brokenness.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ayii, they took out the downsmash buff in BBrawl, i was sad about that.

I'm waiting for someone to play gay in brawl-, that's what i think the downfall/turn off will be eventually

also dthrow has post lag after the throw is done so they have ample time to get away

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I play Brawl- with my friends pretty constantly (every Friday), Ike is pretty ridiculous.

FAir has no landing lag, so at 0% FAir -> anything is a true combo. You can also QD as many times as you want in the air and interrupt it at any point in the attack (even if the hitbox is triggered), so you can go out and spike/FAir people, come back, and Aether. Dash attack can also be interrupted once the hitbox comes out, so you can do jab -> BThrow -> dash attack -> jab -> regrab. At the edge, you can probably even do BThrow -> dash attack -> DTilt. Jab -> anything is pretty reasonable, and they even buffed DSmash so it hits outward like in BBrawl.

Also, there are wind hitboxes on FSmash, USmash, and the landing lag for FAir. My friend (Foodies) actually killed me twice by pushing me during Aether with her FAir, it's such an effective edgeguard in Ike dittos.

The only thing I don't like about Ike- is that his DThrow is like vBrawl Snake's, but it seems like you can't really follow up with anything. Other than that, Ike- seems on par with the other characters in terms of brokenness.
Ike is pretty darn good, and there are some good combos he has in that game, but I think characters with higher combo ability + kills take the cake. Jigglpuff's singing range is enormous, so let alone gimping people with insane aerial combos, but her rest can kill a lot of people at 70%.

Another annoying character is Wario. Oh my lord, it's as if DMG programmed him. Wario has insane high jumps and can practically stall like nobody's business. On top of that, a lot of his moves have super armor, and wind boxes. His D-smash lures you in and has a lot of priority. It's impossible to gimp him let alone catch him since he's flying everywhere.

My third annoying character is ROB. Not cause he's amazing as a character, but if he gets you offstage, you are screwed. His laser at full charge does 40 damage, stuns you, then completely blows you away. If it's not charged, it's still effective racking up damage and keeping people away.

One thing I don't like about B- is the amount of hit stun. I know they want combos and all, but it's pretty ******** when you can't get out of shield if Fox keeps shooting lasers at it. It's pretty much a free shield break.

metroid1117

Smash Master
One thing I don't like about B- is the amount of hit stun. I know they want combos and all, but it's pretty ******** when you can't get out of shield if Fox keeps shooting lasers at it. It's pretty much a free shield break.
Do you mean shieldstun, hitstun, or both? While hitstun and shieldstun may be correlated, they aren't directly proportional since they require separate formulas (as described in the release thread). I personally think the hitstun is fine, but the shieldstun is a little annoying.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Do you mean shieldstun, hitstun, or both? While hitstun and shieldstun may be correlated, they aren't directly proportional, since they require separate formulas (as described in the release thread). I personally think the hitstun is fine, but the shieldstun is a little annoying.
My mistake, I mean both. Shield stun for the example I stated about Fox's lasers ****** you, and hit stun because I feel like it gives an advantage to characters with quick aerials. Kinda lame when Ganon's F-air does 16 damage, but he can't link anything to that while Jiggz or Marth can do a bunch of F-airs to get around 30+ damage. Maybe it's more in the character design flaws, but if they want to balance it a bit more, reducing hit stun would help somewhat for the characters unfortunate to chain long combos. Either that, or make the more powerful characters attacks even more powerful. So Ganon's f-air would do 30 lmao.

And OMG, after this essay, I'm sleeping all day.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Bthrow->Dash attack works pretty well on ZSS. I suck at doing dash attack fast enough and I can hit ZSS with it before she hits the ground.
I suck at it too :dizzy: A Dsmash often comes out instead of the Dash attack ._.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Falcon has a d-throw chaingrab to knee on just about the entire cast. And on floaty characters, he has a d-throw to knee to knee.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Falcon has a d-throw chaingrab to knee on just about the entire cast. And on floaty characters, he has a d-throw to knee to knee.
I want this mod now. I would probably end up using Falcon more than Ike. One of the other guys in my local scene has it on his Wii but he never brings it to bi-weeklies, I need to get it myself.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Wow. That would take me a long time to beat that lol.

Anyways, anyone think spacing with jab2 is a decent idea? Just wondering what people think about it. It has pretty nice range, and we can cancel it, too.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Anyways, anyone think spacing with jab2 is a decent idea? Just wondering what people think about it. It has pretty nice range, and we can cancel it, too.
I do this sometimes because it can bait people to rush in. If they're expecting you to follow up with a Jab3 then they'll want to punish it, but instead you stop after the Jab2 and punish their hasty approach.

And yah, the more I think about it the more I'm realizing that it could be a very safe way to space while remaining grounded. It can be interrupted quickly and it does have pretty decent range and speed/priority. You'd be in prime position to start another Jab at any time, unlike when you're spacing with aerials.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow. That would take me a long time to beat that lol.

By jab 2 you mean the kick right? Even if it can be canceled, can't characters with a long grab just well...grab us? It may collide with other quick OOS shields though like Snake's f-tilt.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
By spacing you just mean that if you whiff a jab1 just throw out a jab2 to punish any rush in attempts / go for a little bit more range? It's not a bad idea at all especially considering that (IIRC) a jab2 occurs faster than shield if done after jab1 (which is the only time you are doing jab2). Obviously prone to prediction and punishment but what isn't?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I mean as a spacing tool, when you know there's a high chance of the jab not reaching far enough but the kick might give some range (with the opponent a relative distance away, around jab 1's range 1.25 to 1.75 x away)

The only reason I'm even thinking of this is because of it's awkward range in the air against foes only slightly above the ground, in addition to on the ground. I just remember hitting with jab2 many times before.

I'm not sure about grabbing though. I haven't been consistently grabbed enough out of jab2, and the only time I recall grabbing another Ike's jab2 consistently is if I was really close to him or it was a powershield.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I mean as a spacing tool, when you know there's a high chance of the jab not reaching far enough but the kick might give some range (with the opponent a relative distance away, around jab 1's range 1.25 to 1.75 x away)

The only reason I'm even thinking of this is because of it's awkward range in the air against foes only slightly above the ground, in addition to on the ground. I just remember hitting with jab2 many times before.

I'm not sure about grabbing though. I haven't been consistently grabbed enough out of jab2, and the only time I recall grabbing another Ike's jab2 consistently is if I was really close to him or it was a powershield.
as a general rule, i only use it if the opponent is too far away to hit with another normal jab, i USED to go the first to jabs then jabcancel, rinse and repeat, put ive sorta found the flaws in it, if youre going to do the second jab most of the time, you might as well finish off the jab combo.
i use the jab more like you lot now. and i swear that its easier to cancel the first jab then the second jab. i dunno if theres some kind of frame difference or jsut me, i spose it could be used to heavier characters because floaty ones will go out of range if we use the second one, i dunno, could advance the metagame a bit i spose

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
most the time if i am out of range but am really close i will basically do the start of a combat walk where you hit the A button twice and then click it at an interval so you jab kick then from holding A revert back to jab1 and click again and you get the idea.. Ill just double click A and hold it so he continues jab just moved forward slightly.. =D lol most the time i use it for spot dodgers since if they spot dodge it just reverts back to Jab1... Also I don't hold jab when i jab cancel i click it separately for each hit most the time.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I keep it simple and easy to understand

I only say not that great cause jab one has better follow ups and leads to more damage spacing. jab 2 does 12% fresh, unless you are gonna cancel it for a mind game, but jab 2 is harder to follow.

but it still works, not saying don't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom