• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
lmao if you control F counter in the op then you will find all the answers you need why don't you take a look at it before you call it useless?

edit: these boards are dead when it comes to metagame discussion is what he meant
No you won't find the answers you need, you'll find links to old threads that have long-winded discussions about various things and which occasionally go off-topic. If we do it this way, there would be very clear and concise answers to clear questions linked in the OP, so that you could find the question you want, click the link, and be directed to one or more individual posts that have all the information you need. Up to date information.

And how are the boards dead for metagame discussion? Every page recently we've discussed at least one aspect of Ike's moveset/MUs/stages/etc, when someone brings it up. You would know this if you posted here more often >_>

But this isn't solving anything. The fact is, the majority of the boards want Ashu's OP cleaned up, re-organized and updated on a regular basis. Maybe I'm wrong but you're giving the impression that you're not up for that. Like I said, changing OPs is easy and changing back is just as easy. The choice is yours for now, keep the OP and actively update it, or allow Brett/someone else to take the OP and update it.

I think the OP should be updated and cleaned up, at least. I remember the first time I clicked on Ashu's when I joined, all the links were pretty intimidating.

Maybe we could have a separate thread for social discussion? That would help this thread be more organized.
I was very seriously considering having someone start a social thread... and it's still a possibility, but for now I think we can make Ashu's work.

:034:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
No you won't find the answers you need, you'll find links to old threads that have long-winded discussions about various things and which occasionally go off-topic. If we do it this way, there would be very clear and concise answers to clear questions linked in the OP, so that you could find the question you want, click the link, and be directed to one or more individual posts that have all the information you need. Up to date information.

And how are the boards dead for metagame discussion? Every page recently we've discussed at least one aspect of Ike's moveset/MUs/stages/etc, when someone brings it up. You would know this if you posted here more often >_>

But this isn't solving anything. The fact is, the majority of the boards want Ashu's OP cleaned up, re-organized and updated on a regular basis. Maybe I'm wrong but you're giving the impression that you're not up for that. Like I said, changing OPs is easy and changing back is just as easy. The choice is yours for now, keep the OP and actively update it, or allow Brett/someone else to take the OP and update it.

I was very seriously considering having someone start a social thread... and it's still a possibility, but for now I think we can make Ashu's work.

the boards are dead this thread isn't and thats it. All that info in other threads before could be accessed through here, if you take a look at 08 that thread you locked was exactly like all the ones that had actual discussion in it. And bored you don't lock the very 1st thread that compares dair to dtilt you lock the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th ones then link them to the original thread so they can have there questions answered instead of here and say ask the question again for the 5th time.

how does this not answer every question you have on counter? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184740

there are 3 other threads in the op as well i'm not sure how much deeper the move can get beyond that that you want to add even more info about it.

If you really want to change ashu's that much then just lock this thread and make a new 1 I put a lot of hard work into this for it to just be deleted by someone else.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
the boards are dead this thread isn't and thats it.
Again, that is not the case at all and you are unaware of that because you spend no time here anymore.

if you take a look at 08 that thread you locked was exactly like all the ones that had actual discussion in it.
We're not in 2008 anymore, everyone now knows the answers to those question so there is no more need for discussion. A thread like the ones that were commonly discussed in '08 would get briefly re-directed and likely flamed nowadays.

how does this not answer every question you have on counter? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184740

there are 3 other threads in the op as well i'm not sure how much deeper the move can get beyond that that you want to add even more info about it.
The first thread does not explain how to use Counter in different situations, only facts about the physics/mechanics of the move. But that's besides the point, Counter was an example and there are many other things that should be put in the OP and removed from the OP.

If you really want to change ashu's that much then just lock this thread and make a new 1 I put a lot of hard work into this for it to just be deleted by someone else.
I respect the fact that you put a lot of work into it and that is why we want to keep it as our central thread. The problem is that nobody refers to the OP anymore. Sure there's a lot of work put into it, but for what? It's almost all out-dated now. We can keep some of the videos but many of them are broken links now due to videos being removed from YouTube, etc...

As for the links to threads, some are no longer relevant and others have newer threads to replace them that are much better. The 'Auditorium' section of currently active threads is way outdated for one thing. And if we closed this thread, what would be the point? Nobody would ever see your hard work again, it would get lost and then there would be absolutely no point.

I'm getting very tired of this pointless argument so here's the deal:

Unless you decide you want to become active here and update the thread with new information and new sections that we, as a community, decide on, I will give the thread to Brett and we will re-organize, de-clutter and update it as we see fit. We will leave the formatting and many of the existing sections because I do respect the work you did on it and would not want it completely lost.

I think that is perfectly fair considering you haven't even shown enough interest in this thread (that you put so much work into), to visit it regularly for the last several months or longer.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Arturito, please don't be angry. It's just that now a lot of the things in the OP aren't very useful anymore, and its messiness deters people from going through it. We know that you put a lot of hard work into it, but the purpose of the OP is to help people find things quickly and help them get better, which it isn't really doing very well right now. Nysyarc's just saying that since you don't seem to be interested in updating it anymore so it can have more up-to-date information, he'd like to give it to someone who would maintain it so it can be more helpful.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I feel that transferring ownership of this thread because of someone's activeness or the threads usefulness is wrong. This thread works as an index for 2008, but its other main functions leave it to be very active.

I feel like it is out of your jurisdiction Nysyarc.

Though, I really don't care, your name is red, do as you please.

ULTIMATUM!!!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
there is nothing to update it with though other than san and MR. DOOM videos. If you actually use control F on the op then you can find everything you need to know about ike theres nothing else he has.

All the threads are in order of the date they where created in i don't know how that's messy unless your talking about the 2 broken images.

The only reason this thread became obsolete is because every ike main now knows everything there is to know about ike and if you don't then your just a bad ike. When every single thread is being referred to this one for answers how is it that this thread is lacking something?

Palpi

Smash Hero
there is nothing to update it with though other than san and MR. DOOM videos. If you actually use control F on the op then you can find everything you need to know about ike theres nothing else he has.

All the threads are in order of the date they where created in i don't know how that's messy unless your talking about the 2 broken images.

The only reason this thread became obsolete is because every ike main now knows everything there is to know about ike and if you don't then your just a bad ike. When every single thread is being referred to this one for answers how is it that this thread is lacking something?
OH ****!!!

*popcorn*

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I guess I'm a bad Ike then. Ctrl+F might work for me if I knew what I'm looking for, but people new to Ike just see a giant list of threads, and don't know where to start, and which threads are accurate or important.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
they are all important i didn't bother with useless things. You can just search for ike's move set and you will find 2-3 threads on pretty much everything.

If your a new ike then i'm pretty sure you would start off with guides on how to use ike probably the one sticked instead of this but eventually you'd learn things about ike and start searching and find out that everything is available right there.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Whoops, worded that really badly :x I'm not exactly new to Ike, though I'm still bad.

Maybe just make it a little more user-friendly for those who are actually new to competitive smash in general. A little more cluttered than it is now perhaps...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
this isn't a guide for new players thats what the other sticky is for to introduce new players to ike. There are links to guides like those but the index is meant to be there so you can take your ike to the next level and learn everything about him.

And thats exactly what it does there is nothing left to update it with besides videos

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
think of it as a directory... Though I see AB's point i'n why do we need a directory if all the important threads are stickied already..

But I'm with sharkie on this, I'd rather a new OP I still search this thread for older posts

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I feel that transferring ownership of this thread because of someone's activeness or the threads usefulness is wrong.
As I explained before though, directed mostly at A_B, transferring the ownership of a thread is not a big deal at all. We wouldn't be deleting too many of the videos and the general format/outline of the thread would remain. Quite frankly it is kind of selfish of A_B to refuse to change it when many of us have said it is a good idea and none have objected to it yet.

I've given him the choice several times and he ignored the matter each time, choosing instead to argue against changing anything. The Ike boards is my jurisdiction, but I want to be fair to everyone, so here is my new plan:

Considering A_B has now deleted everything in the OP (and possibly copy/pasted it to his computer), there is no harm in transferring ownership of the OP and starting fresh on it. The alternative, is to do as he wished and lock Ashu's, then have someone begin a new all-purpose thread. If anyone has a different idea, feel free to put it forward, all input is welcome.

I am for the first option, but I will let you guys give your opinions on the issue because I am not a dictator, and I do not want to give that impression. I know my last post may have seemed like that, but I am just trying to accomplish what the majority of our regulars want done.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My opinion stands, I started the whole change OP for Ashu i'n the first place.

I had the stage discussion changed to Kimchi before (course we didn't have/know about OP switching then)

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
So according to sharkie (took me a while to figure who that was), Ashunera's Library will be locked and a new thread that serves the same purpose is created? Do I have that right? My opinion is that we go through with this since AB already deleted the first two posts and replaced them with really good points.
I don't know why, but I feel like naming the new thread, despite having no actual ideas on names (only have Greil Mercenary Fort in my mind) and it is up to the new OP (likely Brett) to the name.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
While doing the Blizzard Wall the Ice Climbers can't really do much if you jump right over top of them. I mean they can try to predict and see it coming but they still can't punish you in any way, all they can do is run away in the opposite direction and maybe set up another wall.

or they can do that really broken move when they stick their hammers over their heads, and anything that you try to get past it just loses...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

or they can do that really broken move when they stick their hammers over their heads, and anything that you try to get past it just loses...
Lol, well you can just air-dodge + fast-fall past it easily enough and then you would land before them and be ready to Jab them or whatever as soon as they are in range. And if they don't see it coming, they'd be in the middle of a Blizzard because that move takes quite a while to execute and can't be canceled.

So according to sharkie (took me a while to figure who that was), Ashunera's Library will be locked and a new thread that serves the same purpose is created? Do I have that right? My opinion is that we go through with this since AB already deleted the first two posts and replaced them with really good points.
I don't know why, but I feel like naming the new thread, despite having no actual ideas on names (only have Greil Mercenary Fort in my mind) and it is up to the new OP (likely Brett) to the name.
Well, that's option number 2, and I would prefer not to do that since we already have a perfectly fine all-purpose thread right here that we all already use. But if more people would prefer a new thread then I'm not against it.

Also I lol'd @ 'really good points', I see what you did there.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
i asked you to lock my thread should i get another mod to do it?
Arturo, I'm rather disappointed in how immature you've become on this topic. You had some valid points, but I don't see why you are so offended with owernship being transferred. Nysyarc and others have stated that you have done very little for a long, LONG time, so what right do you have to come in and start telling us what is good and bad for us? Yes it's your topic, and I always treat forums like a form of democracy, where in this case, this thread is yours to own, and it's your decision on what you can do with it. However, someone like you who has left his property and let it decay is not our faults, but yours. You failed to take care of Ashu's, and we feel it's only right that we remodel it. Now you come back, and act like it's some important thing to you? Just humble yourself and accept that you don't do much here, and hand over ownership to someone who will take care of it.

Once again, I feel like your input has very little meaning to us, mainly because you have not been on the ike boards for ages. You can atteset that you may have been "lurking" and what not, but that's your word against ours. In anycase, we'll have to pack up and create our own thread if you refuse hand over ownership.

As far as having a thread for social talk and general metagame talk, I feel like that might make us a bit too strict. As of right now, social talk can occur anywhere. Case and point be the countless pages of Fire Emblem talk in the Bi-Weekly thread. It just happens that Ashu's became the "homebase" for social talk as well. We can create a thread meant for meta game talk, but I feel like a lot of the basics have been covered in the Guide. I still feel we should combine social with general, and it will be the OP's responsibility to edit the first page with any questions we may have answered. So if someone asks on Page 4 about walk off D-air, the OP will have a link to that page and explain everything.

That's just my take.

OMG finally someone said it.
You said something?! I forgot you existed. I'm gonna go with Brett on your opinion kid. You're not helping the cause if you have 25 posts and are on lurker aka Metroid status.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
social threads make things much less scary for new people to come in and ask things and become a part of the community at which point they will add to the number of people trying to further the metagame. which I assume is what you want.

That how it worked for the sonic boards.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Hmm... I agree with Bored on having a social/general Ike discussion thread together; it's worked out fine for us so far and there's no reason to assume it won't now. As for starting a new thread versus keeping Ashu's, it's entirely up to you guys. So far we have more votes for a new thread from what I can tell.

I definitely don't want these boards to becomes 'strict' so to speak. I don't care where social talk takes place as long as it's not one-liners, spam, flaming, etc... and you guys are very good for not doing any of that. I've seen some boards where no productive discussion happens at all, so I'm very glad to have been made Mod in a board with such great regulars.

All I know is we need to come to a decision soon, because we can't just leave our central thread sitting here with no OP...

So if you haven't already given your opinion, which would you prefer:

1. A new OP for Ashu's.
2. A fresh start with a new thread.

Keep in mind if we make a new thread... I'm basically going to have to close Ashu's because otherwise it will likely just become a spam-fest. Either that or it will take away posts from our new central thread. So what do you guys think?

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I agree with Bored on having a social/general Ike discussion thread together; it's worked out fine for us so far and there's no reason to assume it won't now. As for starting a new thread versus keeping Ashu's, it's entirely up to you guys. So far we have more votes for a new thread from what I can tell.

I definitely don't want these boards to becomes 'strict' so to speak. I don't care where social talk takes place as long as it's not one-liners, spam, flaming, etc... and you guys are very good for not doing any of that. I've seen some boards where no productive discussion happens at all, so I'm very glad to have been made Mod in a board with such great regulars.

All I know is we need to come to a decision soon, because we can't just leave our central thread sitting here with no OP...

So if you haven't already given your opinion, which would you prefer:

1. A new OP for Ashu's.
2. A fresh start with a new thread.

Keep in mind if we make a new thread... I'm basically going to have to close Ashu's because otherwise it will likely just become a spam-fest. Either that or it will take away posts from our new central thread. So what do you guys think?
I say keep Ashu's. It's been great for all this time, so why kill it?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wow. He deleted everything. That just wasn't necessary.

I guess I'm even more in favor of changing OP now, since he deleted all of his super hard work that he hadn't even cared for in like a whole year.

If that OP is me, I think I'll be asking for a lot of help with reconstruction now, though. We may need another team effort since we're literally building it from scratch.

Gah, but it'll be so unnecessary....

Edit:

Mr Doom. A family friend passed away today. I don't think I'll be going to SLAST.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Brett this isn't a solo job anyways, just like the guide, we're all working together as a community to better the boards.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Bored i wouldn't expect you to understand since you wheren't here when the thread was made. I put a lot of work into and i want it to stay as it is if you guys don't like it anymore why is it to hard to lock it and have brett or who ever start a new thread?

I only deleted the posts cause i was having fun with palpi but seriously nysyarc lock this already and get on with what you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom