• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Melee PR (10/?/10 Update)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
They both have gotten significantly better recently, so the skill gap is definitely not the same.

Rob finally has the Falco gimps mostly down, Xander has gotten a lot more consistent in close quarters.

We can still host a small tournament in January where this can be settled.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Hello all,

I was just speaking with Tai on Facebook. He contacted me recently and it was nice to talk to an old friend. I haven't played in a long time and decided to watch some videos on Tai's Youtube account.

It's been two years or so since I've watched these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AATiknlZNE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zijDjmepKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOAWgAebjOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfyO5yVTe_E

That's me and Oscar (aka Vat-Zero) on commentary. It was such a good time for me.

Anyways, just a shout out to everyone and hope you all have a Happy New Year!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hello all,

I was just speaking with Tai on Facebook. He contacted me recently and it was nice to talk to an old friend. I haven't played in a long time and decided to watch some videos on Tai's Youtube account.

It's been two years or so since I've watched these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AATiknlZNE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zijDjmepKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOAWgAebjOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfyO5yVTe_E

That's me and Oscar (aka Vat-Zero) on commentary. It was such a good time for me.

Anyways, just a shout out to everyone and hope you all have a Happy New Year!
i wanted to like this post, but i forgot this isn't facebook.

so i quoted it to make myself right.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I think we went once and it was in a really hot small room...

You guys should just come to California more often. WGF is just two weeks away or so.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
we have our events at the u of a nao. you should def. come since az is always going up to CA. it's only fair, right?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
we have our events at the u of a nao. you should def. come since az is always going up to CA. it's only fair, right?
except CA actually has a scene that's big enough to warrant driving to

why should cali come over here when their locals would be bigger than any tourney we could host going all in?

also, the tourney that california went to before WAS at the U of A. at least, one of them was.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
But it was in a room on the 4th floor in a cramped area. And to add to that, the Grev monthlies seem to be usually only about 5-10 people larger than ours on average. We have like 16-29 people at each tourney and the Grev ones are 16-37 (for at least the 5 or 6 I've been to).

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Next tournament I want to see if I'm worth being on the rankings!

I play Sheik, Marth, Falcon and Falco.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Smugleaf is right, we should update this. Also, regarding last tourney results for me is a null point. I got glitched all night long :D

Nicknyte's Power Rankings

1. Axe
2. Forward
3. Taj
4. GG
5. Tim's Falco (When he actually Plays it)
6. Okami
7. Tai
8. RubyIris
9. Silly Kyle
10. Angel
11. Nicknyte
12. GirkuNyte Noobgate of the North
13. Tim's Yoshi
14. Tag$

People that need to be active:
Wobbles
Southpaw (MORE)
Jackie
CutMet
Robbie
Duffy
Duffy
You ain't messin with my Duffy

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Smugleaf is right, we should update this. Also, regarding last tourney results for me is a null point. I got glitched all night long :D

Nicknyte's Power Rankings

1. Axe
2. Forward
3. Taj
4. GG
5. Tim's Falco (When he actually Plays it)
6. Okami
7. Tai
8. RubyIris
9. Silly Kyle
10. Angel
11. Nicknyte
12. GirkuNyte Noobgate of the North
13. Tim's Yoshi
14. Tag$

People that need to be active:
Wobbles
Southpaw (MORE)
Jackie
CutMet
Robbie
Duffy
Duffy
You ain't messin with my Duffy
To me there's where you have a problem between 5-9. I could see Tai beating Tim's Falco, but no one else(when it's in practice). I could also see Tai beating Kyle and Xander where as I'm pretty sure Rob can't beat Kyle and I personally don't think he'd beat Xander. From what I've seen lately, this is my opinion

1. Axe
2. Forward(Get it back, bro lol)
3. GG7/Taj
4. Same as 3
5. Tai
6. VMan's Falco
7. Ruby/Kyle
8. Ruby/Kyle
9. Okami
10. Angel?

I couldn't think of who would be 10th but Angel makes sense, he's beaten some good people, and he got 7th at this one. This is also just kinda based off of what I've seen THIS tourney but it'll probably be like that for everyone else too.

3/4 I interchanged simply because Tony beat Chris last time they played(3-0 with Falco, 2 stock games, ouch) but I don't know if Tony could continuously do that if they played many sets, plus I think Chris has improved so I guess we'll just see how that goes.

I put Tai as 5 because he beats a larger amount of people than all the others who could possibly be below him. I think he has the best shot of beating Tim's warmed up Falco, I think he can now beat Jackie consistently, would beat Kyle consistently, and beat Xander consistently as well. I also think he has the best shot at beating Chris or Jeff in a set between the people at 5-9.

Ruby/Kyle interchangable because though Xander won their set, it might be able to go either way so I'd like to see more of that. Definitely a lot of improvement as of late by Xander though.

Rob at 9th because though he beats Tai, I think the fact that he loses to others who I don't think are as good as Tai places him where he is. It depends on how he'd do vs Xander in a set as well but still.

10 is Angel sorta because I couldn't think of anyone else and he seems reasonable.

WILL EDIT LATER AND STUFF.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm better than Tai, but he does deserve to be placed higher than me.
*Waits for debate*

When's the next tournament? Advance notice well so I can get it off work this time around.
AND I WILL GO ALL SHEIK ALL DAY.

and maybe a secret fox

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I think I'm better than Tai, but he does deserve to be placed higher than me.
*Waits for debate*

When's the next tournament? Advance notice well so I can get it off work this time around.
AND I WILL GO ALL SHEIK ALL DAY.

and maybe a secret fox
Ah well, I was just basing it off most recent time you guys have played but in general you do have the better track record yeah. And you could be better than him indeed. Though if you're better than him I don't see reason for him to be placed higher :p

I didn't count you at all Jackie because you don't really enter tournaments.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
5. Jetfour
6. Silly Kyle
7. Okami
7. Tai
7. Rubyiris

Rob at 9th 7th because though he beat Tai and Xander, I think the fact that he loses to others (such as Jackie apparently) who I don't think are as good as Tai places him where he is. It depends on how he had already done vs Xander in a set as well but still.
Spencer, you're very good at ignoring my wins against Xander at the last 2 serious sets we played. You're also good at ignoring my wins against Tai. So I'm going to just ignore you and fix your 5 through 9 7.

Top Bottom