• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Melee PR (10/?/10 Update)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Deal with it, don't try to avoid things, don't try to make deals with your friends if you do so that you don't have to play people. Just play people, it's that simple.
Wait what? I didn't lose that match on purpose. I told myself that I was going all Peach that tourney and I did, and I tried my absolute best with her every single match INCLUDING the matches vs Rob. We didn't make any "deals" or anything like that. Don't go around spreading stuff like that when you don't know the truth.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Wait what? I didn't lose that match on purpose. I told myself that I was going all Peach that tourney and I did, and I tried my absolute best with her every single match INCLUDING the matches vs Rob. We didn't make any "deals" or anything like that. Don't go around spreading stuff like that when you don't know the truth.
My post was worded a little weird, but if you read it a little more carefully you might be able to understand :p

Basically though, I didn't say that you guys did I said IF you did.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
okami: but hes beaten you and does better against better players than you do. and xander has said the phrase "rob, MM me" multiple times.

xander: hey dont say stuff like that about him not deserving to be on the PR's, if you wanna make a point dont discrminate the guy. but i do still think you deserve that spot.

To Everyone: quit saying that jeffs sandbagging all the time! its so annoying and I MEAN EVERYONE all you commentators and all you other people quit saying that ****. Think about how jeff feels for you to say that to him all the time. Thats so disrespectful. i mean i know you probably dont mean it but seriously cut it out.

AXE 09

Smash Master
To Everyone: quit saying that jeffs sandbagging all the time! its so annoying and I MEAN EVERYONE all you commentators and all you other people quit saying that ****. Think about how jeff feels for you to say that to him all the time. Thats so disrespectful. i mean i know you probably dont mean it but seriously cut it out.
Seriously guys, I'm sick of this. How do you think I feel when you guys say that I'm sandbagging when I'm trying my best? You guys put a lot of pressure on me and make me feel like my best isn't good enough. As a "technical" player, I mess up a lot. Just because I mess up doesn't mean that I'm sandbagging. Maybe I'm not as good as you guys think

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Seriously guys, I'm sick of this. How do you think I feel when you guys say that I'm sandbagging when I'm trying my best? You guys put a lot of pressure on me and make me feel like my best isn't good enough. As a "technical" player, I mess up a lot. Just because I mess up doesn't mean that I'm sandbagging. Maybe I'm not as good as you guys think
I don't even say it anymore personally :p

Lots of people be rollin on about the sandstorm though and all *shrug*

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Alright well since we're talking about our feelings and stuff right now, I just wanna say that I hate how I'm not included in anything in AZ! It's like I was never even part of AZ. :( I get like no credit, no shout outs or anything. I help so many people in AZ you guys wouldn't even believe it! I know it sounds like I just want attention but that's not it. I just want to feel like I was part of AZ. I'm always talking about how great AZ is to everyone here. But you guys don't make me feel like I was part of it. But whatever this is probably the post that you guys will care the least about. so *shrugs* yeah and all you haters can call me emo or whatever here. I don't care.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Alright well since we're talking about our feelings and stuff right now, I just wanna say that I hate how I'm not included in anything in AZ! It's like I was never even part of AZ. :( I get like no credit, no shout outs or anything. I help so many people in AZ you guys wouldn't even believe it! I know it sounds like I just want attention but that's not it. I just want to feel like I was part of AZ. I'm always talking about how great AZ is to everyone here. But you guys don't make me feel like I was part of it. But whatever this is probably post that you guys will care the least about. so *shrugs* yeah and all you haters can call me emo or whatever here. I don't care.
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

I LOVE YOU STILL, WHAT.

WE TALK ON AIM ALL THE TIME MAN WHAT THE HELL <_>

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Dang, it's a big emotional mess in here. Quite honestly YEAH!, I have no idea who you even are. We may have met but I don't recall, sorry. I remember in a previous post a long time ago that you thought I didn't like you for some reason. Sorry if I gave you that impression. You are still AZ though! Just like me.:)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Dang, it's a big emotional mess in here. Quite honestly YEAH!, I have no idea who you even are. We may have met but I don't recall, sorry. I remember in a previous post a long time ago that you thought I didn't like you for some reason. Sorry if I gave you that impression. You are still AZ though! Just like me.:)
LOL, I was going to say I could have sworn you two met before but now that I think about it you guys really haven't been to the same tournaments that much.

YEAH! is Joey from Sierra Vista, Brad. Asian kid, usually wears purple. Usually has a hat too.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
dang now i feel even worse. lol i asked for your advice too. haha i was the one at AIAB, when i was about to play gamer you were like you dont have a chance or something like that. XD but yeah im pretty sure you would know me if you saw me :p

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Just to address a couple of things.

Joey, if you were here, I'd say more about you in my shoutouts. Also, what do you base Xander doing better against better players off of? I've beaten Tai and Jeff ('s Peach), while Xander (no offense) has beaten no one above him except me, so far as I know. Also, at 90% of the tournaments that we both enter, I do better than him.

Xander, I'm bored trolling you. I'm just gonna tell you straight up. Perhaps you can beat me. I'm not confident that either of us would win and I would personally say that because and only because Falco is my worst matchup that a match against you will be in your favor. I think if you played a character that wasn't a fast faller, it'd be even or in my favor. But that's not something I'm concerned with. At any rate, if I come to the smashfest this week, I will make you a deal.
Deal: I'll play you a 3 out of 5 serious set. Whoever wins wins. So be it. But also, I want to do that same set 2 weeks from now (like I said in a previous post) so that I can get some time to actually play Sheik aside from at tourneys.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Just to address a couple of things.

Joey, if you were here, I'd say more about you in my shoutouts. Also, what do you base Xander doing better against better players off of? I've beaten Tai and Jeff ('s Peach), while Xander (no offense) has beaten no one above him except me, so far as I know. Also, at 90% of the tournaments that we both enter, I do better than him.

Xander, I'm bored trolling you. I'm just gonna tell you straight up. Perhaps you can beat me. I'm not confident that either of us would win and I would personally say that because and only because Falco is my worst matchup that a match against you will be in your favor. I think if you played a character that wasn't a fast faller, it'd be even or in my favor. But that's not something I'm concerned with. At any rate, if I come to the smashfest this week, I will make you a deal.
Deal: I'll play you a 3 out of 5 serious set. Whoever wins wins. So be it. But also, I want to do that same set 2 weeks from now (like I said in a previous post) so that I can get some time to actually play Sheik aside from at tourneys.
You just admitted you'd lose to him....wtf?

You said if he played characters other than fast fallers but...that's who he mains.....<_>

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
sigh

ITT people not understanding how we rank. I thought we established long ago that we're not instituting a challenge system. Rob's rank is not based solely on his performance against Xander but against the rest of the list, where he has shown better results.

That said, I think Xander is better than Rob, but again, that's not the only factor.

And really, it isn't your right Xander to demand to play him with the stipulation that if you beat him you move up. At the same time Rob you don't have a right to deny playing Xander and still claim you're better than him.

I figure if Rob can make a serious post I have to, or else where does that leave me.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
sigh

ITT people not understanding how we rank. I thought we established long ago that we're not instituting a challenge system. Rob's rank is not based solely on his performance against Xander but against the rest of the list, where he has shown better results.

That said, I think Xander is better than Rob, but again, that's not the only factor.

And really, it isn't your right Xander to demand to play him with the stipulation that if you beat him you move up. At the same time Rob you don't have a right to deny playing Xander and still claim you're better than him.

I figure if Rob can make a serious post I have to, or else where does that leave me.
I'm not even basing it off of that and I don't think Xander is, or meaning to for that matter. All we're saying is stuff about Rob PLAYING Xander. And if you want to mention about Rob doing better against certain people, yes somewhat imo. Rob beats Tai, but Tai beasted Jackie so who knows how Rob would do against Tai NOW, in addition to this, Xander does much much better against Kyle than Rob.

In addition to this, Rob made the excuse of that Xander only beats him because "Falco is his worst matchup" okay, and Sheik is Tai's worst MU but of course, we can't discredit THAT, right?

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
In addition to this, Rob made the excuse of that Xander only beats him because "Falco is his worst matchup" okay, and Sheik is Tai's worst MU but of course, we can't discredit THAT, right?
What does that have to do with anything

I didn't mention that, yes it was a bad argument on his part

For what it's worth I do think it's really close who deserves that spot--but as Rob is the incumbent and has actually WON against Tai instead of just doing WELL against Kyle, he deserves it slightly more.

Disclaimer and I repeat: it is close.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
What does that have to do with anything

I didn't mention that, yes it was a bad argument on his part

For what it's worth I do think it's really close who deserves that spot--but as Rob is the incumbent and has actually WON against Tai instead of just doing WELL against Kyle, he deserves it slightly more.

Disclaimer and I repeat: it is close.
Alright, just seemed like you were one siding it a little bit too much *shrug*

And eh, close...idk I guess so lol. I suppose that's what makes the difference between Tucson and AZ rankings considering I come even closer in games with Xander than Rob does *shrug*

But wait, I'M SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING MVC2.

*goes back to do that*

Light_

Smash Apprentice
dang now i feel even worse. lol i asked for your advice too. haha i was the one at AIAB, when i was about to play gamer you were like you dont have a chance or something like that. XD but yeah im pretty sure you would know me if you saw me :p
Ooooh I remember that. Didn't know that was you though, Joey.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Dang, when looking at the crud going on in here the az brawl scene seems much more inviting. But anyways Xander vs. Okami, who ever it may be, Someone is going to get their **** sucked.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
rob is basically saying "I'd beat Xander if he mained a character Sheik had a good matchup on" since Sheik's only bad matchups are the space animals. :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Probably Jigglypuff, too.

I don't play either of the, but about 99% of what I hear regarding the matchup shows it's significantly in Jiggs' favor.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I kinda don't think Rob is bad against Falco anymore. While I was in Tucson, his main problem was getting around a laser happy Falco. Recently he's been showing a lot more confidence in his powershields.

At the same time, I don't think Rubyiris relies on his lasers as much anymore. He's becoming more confident with his close ranged combat.

If Xander vs Rob goes down, make sure to get it recorded. I'd like to watch those matches.

Top Bottom