• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Melee PR (10/?/10 Update)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
we can update it after the next tourney

so jackie can enter

and cuz this tournament had a few upsets, so we should see if those could be replicated or not (xander beating kyle, chris beating sean)

also, it'd be nice to have okami play kyle and/or xander in tourney so that part of the ranking has more data

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if I can replicate my victory vs Kyle, if people are being ***s and not smashing with me LOL.

AZ's back to its "Ignore Xander despite him having free time and transportation." phase.

I haven't touched smash in two weeks. :|

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
If you have free time, perhaps you could be volunteering to build your resume?
I AM volunteering, but the place I volunteered doesn't have a lot of work for me, and frankly, I want the free time since in a month I'm going to be busy almost non-stop for something like 9+ months. School 8~4 every day (including weekends) for 9~11 months depending on how long it takes for me to get everything done? I think just wanting to smash during my free time is justified.

If you didn't know, I gave up on job searching. I'm going to Job Corps (free school for low-income + free dorms)

Also; I smashed for the first time in 2 weeks and my Link IMPROVED. What is this crap? xD

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
I was a little offended, but then I realized I haven't told everyone I'm doing volunteer work, and possibly doing more later @ a different place.

I really don't want to but I'm kinda being forced to. :\

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Since Xander's not going to Genesis this summer, I want to enter as Rubyiris and troll everybody including those that already met him.

Or I could enter as smashersaxophonist7, whatever.

After watching Pound 5 videos, I got cocky since I wasn't impressed by any of the Sheiks except for Amsah.

I think I'll do well OoS with my Sheik, I'll start playing seriously soon to get ready for Genesis.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Since Xander's not going to Genesis this summer, I want to enter as Rubyiris and troll everybody including those that already met him.

After watching Pound 5 videos, I got cocky since I wasn't impressed by any of the Sheiks except for Amsah.

I think I'll do well OoS with my Sheik, I'll start playing seriously soon to get ready for Genesis.
Friday evenings and Saturdays are free-est for me if you are. :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Rob, would you mind too terribly much if I started to come by on Fridays and Saturdays?

Also volunteering was pretty fun. 3 hours went by quick. kinda wish i did more.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord

That's cuz all the Sheiks played off at Pound. Kinda including Amsah.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Rob, would you mind too terribly much if I started to come by on Fridays and Saturdays?

Also volunteering was pretty fun. 3 hours went by quick. kinda wish i did more.
Sure, you can come over. :) Just text me or call me a day in advance if possible! That way I know when to plan on doing homework/study sessions/etc. Keep in mind I work until 7 on Fridays.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Sure, you can come over. :) Just text me or call me a day in advance if possible! That way I know when to plan on doing homework/study sessions/etc. Keep in mind I work until 7 on Fridays.
I'll keep that in mind.

The 4 runs until midnight on fridays, so I don't mind stopping by when you're done with work.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'm actually on the desk working right now too. :p

But yeah, if you're free Friday, James should be coming over as well. Unless my friend is not going out of town. Then we should probably finish the Physics lab write up. But text me if you're available and I'll let you know.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I think either Southpaw or Nicknyte should replace Tag$ on the PR. If not Southpaw, then definitely Nicknyte, as Tag$ has never won a set vs Nicknyte since at least 2009. Southpaw has a win against GG7 which is good weight for him, but he's lost to Shiv and Angel before, whilst Nicknyte has never lost to Shiv as far as I know.

Kyle/Tai/Okami/Me should probably be updated.

Jetfour and Forward's spots should be brought into consideration due to inactivity. If they're removed, it also might inspire them to try harder.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I think either Southpaw or Nicknyte should replace Tag$ on the PR. If not Southpaw, then definitely Nicknyte, as Tag$ has never won a set vs Nicknyte since at least 2009. Southpaw has a win against GG7 which is good weight for him, but he's lost to Shiv and Angel before, whilst Nicknyte has never lost to Shiv as far as I know.

Kyle/Tai/Okami/Me should probably be updated.

Jetfour and Forward's spots should be brought into consideration due to inactivity. If they're removed, it also might inspire them to try harder.
Nicknyte has never done anything but LOSE to Shiv as far as I recalled but maybe things have changed recently. And just as much for SouthPaw losing to Shiv he beat him. And he beat Okami in bracket at that no less something Nicknyte hasn't done in awhile. I think Elvis is definitely up there still just that I think Coty should be above him for the time being at least.

@ J4 and Sean being removed, yeah probably. They were saying Taj too but idk.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Nicknyte has never done anything but LOSE to Shiv as far as I recalled but maybe things have changed recently. And just as much for SouthPaw losing to Shiv he beat him. And he beat Okami in bracket at that no less something Nicknyte hasn't done in awhile. I think Elvis is definitely up there still just that I think Coty should be above him for the time being at least.

@ J4 and Sean being removed, yeah probably. They were saying Taj too but idk.
Shiv told me that he loses to Nicknyte, and it's been that way for a long time, if i recall.

Shiv and Nicknyte are really close in skill, but I'd have to give it to Nicknyte for consistency. Especially with his increased activity.

It's hard for me to be as objective as possible regarding shiv/coty/elvis. I think overall Elvis has the best outstanding record.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Shiv told me that he loses to Nicknyte, and it's been that way for a long time, if i recall.

Shiv and Nicknyte are really close in skill, but I'd have to give it to Nicknyte for consistency. Especially with his increased activity.

It's hard for me to be as objective as possible regarding shiv/coty/elvis. I think overall Elvis has the best outstanding record.
Uhhh okay lol.

And really I don't see how Elvis has better record than Coty. I'm pretty sure they've placed the same at the 2 events they've been at and Coty has beaten people Elvis hasn't(Okami,GG7). I'm pretty sure Coty didn't lose to anyone in the Swiss rounds yesterday except you Xander, but you'd beat Elvis too.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
To be honest, and no disrespect to Shiv, the last time I fought and lost to Shiv besides the last two monthlies was The Grand Challenge at AIAB and that one tournament that was held in Tucson at that Anarchy/Pirate Radio place. I've beaten Shiv at the tournament before this one, and I think I am better than him now. His playstyle throws me off so :p

Mind you Spencer, the last time I lost to Shiv was 2009. That's something to think about.

Between Me and Coty? Hmm, I dunno. Southpaw was the **** back in my LA days. I'd say he's better outta respect, but I still think I would beat him in a tournament.

Also, Me and Xander are like 50/50 in tournies. I do good, he doo good, I build TNT houses, he says NAH DUDE. Xander's Flaco is getting good, but I doubt I am far behind.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
To be honest, and no disrespect to Shiv, the last time I fought and lost to Shiv besides the last two monthlies was The Grand Challenge at AIAB and that one tournament that was held in Tucson at that Anarchy/Pirate Radio place. I've beaten Shiv at the tournament before this one, and I think I am better than him now. His playstyle throws me off so :p

Mind you Spencer, the last time I lost to Shiv was 2009. That's something to think about.

Between Me and Coty? Hmm, I dunno. Southpaw was the **** back in my LA days. I'd say he's better outta respect, but I still think I would beat him in a tournament.

Also, Me and Xander are like 50/50 in tournies. I do good, he doo good, I build TNT houses, he says NAH DUDE. Xander's Flaco is getting good, but I doubt I am far behind.
Yeah that's what I thought about playing Shiv.

Close in skill to Xander? Seriously?

Man I'm going to have to come back and start ****** things.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yea. Seriously.

Trust me, I'm not arrogant, in all due seriousness.

If I had to say where I lie in the grand scheme of things amongst Tucson.

GG7
SK/Okami/Xander
Nicknyte

I am not saying I am better than him, but I fair better against him, than I would with SK or Rob. Mind you Xander is a boss. :D

As far as current rankings are, Jetfour needs to be dropped. I'm not saying this because of disrespect, but, he isn't active tournament wise. It's kinda like ranking Vman when he doesn't play in singles. Right? As much as I love Jackie, he should be dropped until he manages a way to be more active, but I think work will bar him from it.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Don't rank me. AZ rankings don't mean ****. Once the rest of AZ goes OoS, they will learn... it really doesn't mean anything. I'm not even ranked here... but make it out of an international pools with Yoshi?!? seriously same state. PR, has nowhere near as much relevance as OoS.

I don't think I'll EVER come back to AZ rankings, there's no point. (not for me at least) it's still a good idea in general, just I personally don't think there's relevance. (for me) or that it's even THAT important.. Plus being a "panelist" is actually enjoyable. specially seeing the upcoming talent etc. =D

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I like you being a Panelist V-man, but what I get from your post is,

F My community, I'm only here for the world.

In a way, I understand. Tucson isn't your favorite crew. :p SV happens to be the reason you go, but I think that's kinda a cold way to tell the PR that you don't wanna be ranked, although honest.

Besides, I wasn't even talking about ranking you. GTF back to Pokemon, witch.

Also, because I love you, SOMEONE PUT VMAN AT RANK 2 AND :troll: HARD.

Better not enter any tournies, Vman, I'll nominate your for ranking :D

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
There is a lot I want to say, but I will keep it short.

The reason why you weren't ranked was because you said yourself, Vman, that you didn't deserve to be on the AZ rankings because your placings were lackluster with Yoshi. The highest placing you ever got was 9th. Don't blame AZ or the other panelists for not ranking you. Your performance and testimony is what determined our PR.

You did a great thing at Pound V, going mostly Yoshi in pools. That's something that most people thought impossible and you broke that glass ceiling, showing people that tiers aren't everything. You're a very skilled player, but you need to stop letting your pride get in the way. I'm still learning to fight my ego and have improved my attitude dramatically. Now I look at you and just see you on your high horse, wishing you would come down.

I really don't appreciate your attitude that invalidates our AZ Power Rankings. Not everyone is going to have the opportunity to travel out of state. I will finally get the chance to travel OoS in 10 days for WHOBO 3. I doubt I'm going to come back and be like "Hey, our rankings suck and have no relevance. I should be higher on our PR because I beat X player and achieved Y accomplishment. Whatever I'm just not going to participate in the scene and just bask in my pride and awesomeness."

Just come back to the AZ scene, I miss you, and I'm sure others do as well. I feel slightly offended when you decide not to compete. I want to see your Yoshi pull some amazing results here in AZ.

I look at Axe and I see him proudly representing Pikachu, even though there were times in our community where we believed he should have stuck with Falco. He has broken down that barrier and hasn't let his pride get in the way of showing his love for this awesome smash scene here in AZ.

He doesn't have an ego that prevents him from participating in our tournaments, or claiming that our rankings are null and void because he competes at out of state tournaments. He is the best in AZ and he is proud of that. Saying our rankings don't really matter is pretty much saying that our top players accomplishments within our states mean nothing. And I vehemently oppose that idea.

Duff0

Smash Ace
There is a lot I want to say, but I will keep it short.

The reason why you weren't ranked was because you said yourself, Vman, that you didn't deserve to be on the AZ rankings because your placings were lackluster with Yoshi. The highest placing you ever got was 9th. Don't blame AZ or the other panelists for not ranking you. Your performance and testimony is what determined our PR.

You did a great thing at Pound V, going mostly Yoshi in pools. That's something that most people thought impossible and you broke that glass ceiling, showing people that tiers aren't everything. You're a very skilled player, but you need to stop letting your pride get in the way. I'm still learning to fight my ego and have improved my attitude dramatically. Now I look at you and just see you on your high horse, wishing you would come down.

I really don't appreciate your attitude that invalidates our AZ Power Rankings. Not everyone is going to have the opportunity to travel out of state. I will finally get the chance to travel OoS in 10 days for WHOBO 3. I doubt I'm going to come back and be like "Hey, our rankings suck and have no relevance. I should be higher on our PR because I beat X player and achieved Y accomplishment. Whatever I'm just not going to participate in the scene and just bask in my pride and awesomeness."

Just come back to the AZ scene, I miss you, and I'm sure others do as well. I feel slightly offended when you decide not to compete. I want to see your Yoshi pull some amazing results here in AZ.

I look at Axe and I see him proudly representing Pikachu, even though there were times in our community where we believed he should have stuck with Falco. He has broken down that barrier and hasn't let his pride get in the way of showing his love for this awesome smash scene here in AZ.

He doesn't have an ego that prevents him from participating in our tournaments, or claiming that our rankings are null and void because he competes at out of state tournaments. He is the best in AZ and he is proud of that. Saying our rankings don't really matter is pretty much saying that our top players accomplishments within our states mean nothing. And I vehemently oppose that idea.
real talk .

Top Bottom