• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Melee PR (10/?/10 Update)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^noted Kyle, and I appreciate it... I'm humbled.. :) perhaps i'm still "salty" from the way "most" of you treated me when I announced i'd play Yoshi from now on.... You do indeed make a lovely point, and you're 2nd along w/Taj, Tai to appoint this to me and I'm glad.... sadly due to how you "most" of you treated my decision on going Yoshi, I'll come back, and show my respect(s) when I feel it's ready... I don't show it, but a major part of me is still upset on how many of you, used to treat me, and my Yoshi, and that will not be easily forgotten....and please everyone don't act like you DON'T know what i'm talking about... and quite frankly, many of you MIGHT not.... and that's fine....but you're not me... you don't know how I felt, what I went through... etc... so when the time comes.. i'm sure i'll be ready.

^Love your post tho...very motivational, i'll come back when I'm ready.....and not upset at the AZ scene.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Your Yoshi still sucks though, you didn't use Yoshi the whole time so your achievement means nothing, I could have done better, just stick to Falco.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Your Yoshi still sucks though, you didn't use Yoshi the whole time so your achievement means nothing, I could have done better, just stick to Falco.

Don't you ever stop "trolling"?

Not supposed to be directed at just you Jackie, just the most recent example.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You all were supposed to click on the picture for the link and listen to that while reading my post by the way. I guess I should have placed the image first.

Don't you ever stop "trolling"?

Not supposed to be directed at just you Jackie, just the most recent example.
I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean by that since it wasn't directed at me (I wouldn't have been offended and it would have made more sense that way).

Most of the time my posts are trolling because I don't take many things very seriously.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Power Rankings = Drama. Always have.

You guys are too kind to me, I was never THAT good. I never made it out of pools at the MLG's and only just made it out at OC3, to tie for 32nd with 1000 others lol.

I'm not good, Sheik is good... Fact.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
You all were supposed to click on the picture for the link and listen to that while reading my post by the way. I guess I should have placed the image first.

I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean by that since it wasn't directed at me (I wouldn't have been offended and it would have made more sense that way).

Most of the time my posts are trolling because I don't take many things very seriously.
Again I refer to the lol i trol you image. There's sincerity, trolling, and trolling so much that it starts to sound sincere again.

All I can say is that as both a fellow troll and an empathetic non-troll, there comes a point when distinguishing trolling/joking/kidding from genuine and sincere opinions becomes difficult. Real talk.

And sure, I'll call you all out. Xander and Joey. I love you guys, but seriously, stop "trolling". "Trolling" isn't some get-out-of-jail-free card.

In a fashion all too typical of me, I debated not posting this. I mean, why bring up senseless confrontation. But I think it's time people know what I think.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Again I refer to the lol i trol you image. There's sincerity, trolling, and trolling so much that it starts to sound sincere again.

All I can say is that as both a fellow troll and an empathetic non-troll, there comes a point when distinguishing trolling/joking/kidding from genuine and sincere opinions becomes difficult. Real talk.

And sure, I'll call you all out. Xander and Joey. I love you guys, but seriously, stop "trolling". "Trolling" isn't some get-out-of-jail-free card.

In a fashion all too typical of me, I debated not posting this. I mean, why bring up senseless confrontation. But I think it's time people know what I think.
Nah I got what you mean broski it's coo. In my case I think my trolling is typically clear (except with Spencer back in the day I think lol but that's different, I troll him more because I know him better than the other posters generally). When I'm too ambiguous, anybody, feel free to let me know.

I don't think anybody has offended me to a point where I go on an emotional rant. Another thing is that I also like to play devil's advocate whether or not I actually agree. I just like to end faulty arguments with some rhetoric and such.

With Joey and Xander it's difficult to tell because they genuinely get emotional about a lot of things. It gets tiresome at times but sometimes it's the only thing that drives some competition.

It's like a volcano. It brings a lot of destruction at first but then it supplies rich soil to nurture the next generation.

I love unnecessary metaphors and similes :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
To be honest, and no disrespect to Shiv, the last time I fought and lost to Shiv besides the last two monthlies was The Grand Challenge at AIAB and that one tournament that was held in Tucson at that Anarchy/Pirate Radio place. I've beaten Shiv at the tournament before this one, and I think I am better than him now. His playstyle throws me off so :p

Mind you Spencer, the last time I lost to Shiv was 2009. That's something to think about.

Between Me and Coty? Hmm, I dunno. Southpaw was the **** back in my LA days. I'd say he's better outta respect, but I still think I would beat him in a tournament.

Also, Me and Xander are like 50/50 in tournies. I do good, he doo good, I build TNT houses, he says NAH DUDE. Xander's Flaco is getting good, but I doubt I am far behind.
Actually tourney-wise I haven't lost to you, but the last time we played in tournament besides this tournament, Green Greens was legal.

@Shiv:

I don't really treat trolling as a get out of jail free card. I troll people because it's entertaining. There are some posts that I make that people look at as trolling, but genuinely aren't, but if you don't like it, I'll cool it out of respect for you.

@Kyle:

Mad respect for that.

Jane

Smash Hero
i'm bliggity black blacker then black black i'm blacker than black yo, because i'm black and i'm back.

Jane

Smash Hero
and i'm bliggity black black black blackablablack ablack black black black black black yall. and i'm black yall. and i'm black yall. and i'm blackity black cuz i'm BLACK.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Sorry Shiv, not stopping the trolling. It's who I am :D

(In other words, I'll continue to joke around, but I am know as a pretty good guy all round. I troll for the benefit of all friends, except Tim, his smugness deserves the trolling.)

Xander has a point BTW, I haven't beat him in tourney. So I guess that ends that.

P.S. Why is this topic in the PR thread, More PR Talk! (IMO this is a highly qualified discussion for the AZ thread)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
janecombo.

@Spencer:

Elvis really is very close to my skill level. He really is just a very small step down from where Kyle, Okami, Tai, and myself are at, but a convincing step above pretty much everybody else.

Elvis is his own tier.

@coty:

Don't be modest. You're hella solid.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
elvis really is very close to my skill level. He really is just a very small step down from where kyle, okami, tai, and myself are at, but a convincing step above pretty much everybody else.

Elvis is his own tier.
OMG ITS THE N00BGATE ALL OVER AGAIN :p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
you and southpaw are between the in-practice rusty/shiv/tag$/angel/dark girku/duffy tier and the okami/sk/rubyiris/tai tier

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
HAHAHA. N00b Gate speaking. I want to see Rusty get past me. But on a more serious note, I think the difference in skill is really vast between the both of us, I will fight with him and I hope he wins. GO RUSTY, BEAT THE N00B GATE.
Old School.

Oh goodness, Southpaw.

I guess that means I am the South Gate and he is the North Gate of the Southern N00bgate.

Girku is N00bgate of the North, however.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hmm. Actually, I didnt really play Angel Much. Ill see when I can visit Flagstaff via Greyhound. I'll bring you too Xander if the finances are moist.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Lol at this rate you mine as well just delete/ignore this thread...

it'll never get updated cuz someone of some importance won't show up... this tourney it wasn't SK, last tourney it was Gamer/jackie... last one it was angel... bottom line it's never gonna get updated accurately....Seriously mine as well delete it/ignore it...we've already WAITED for nearly what 5 months now? It's never going to get anywhere cuz we keep WAITING...

btw- is there a livestream for whobo? I hope SK's doin well (melee) Idc how he's doin in brawl lol.... ?

Even tho I still hope he's doin ok in that too... tho the game sux.. ><

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Lol at this rate you mine as well just delete/ignore this thread...

it'll never get updated cuz someone of some importance won't show up... this tourney it wasn't SK, last tourney it was Gamer/jackie... last one it was angel... bottom line it's never gonna get updated accurately....Seriously mine as well delete it/ignore it...we've already WAITED for nearly what 5 months now? It's never going to get anywhere cuz we keep WAITING...
Lol Angel? He isn't even top 10 I don't see why it'd be him.

Anyways, when important people are absent it's kind of important especially in the case of someone like Kyle. Chris? You shouldn't do that cuz you know he'll just get 2nd every time anyways, pretty sure that won't change for a really long time.

I say this due to Xander largely improving AFTER some of the tournaments that were AFTER the last thing was updated so like...you have the instances of Kyle beating Xander back then but that was before Xander improved a lot, and so on. I think the only reason you should hold off maybe one more tournament is to see what the result of that would be if it happened, how Xander vs Okami would go if that happened, if Coty can keep doing what hes doing, who should take more spots because Sean,Tony and Jackie will ALL be removed(I would think) and so on.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
@Tim: I know YOU'RE egotistical, but I don't want this to be deleted. This is a tangible goal for kyle, okami, elvis, and myself.

@Spencer:

Angel really is good enough to hang with the top 10. he beat me at the last tourney we were both at legit AND beat Coty. You can't discredit that.

Top Bottom