• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Melee PR (10/?/10 Update)

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Angel really is good enough to hang with the top 10. he beat me at the last tourney we were both at legit AND nearly 4-stocked Coty. You can't discredit that.
Fixed.

Plus since I beat Chris that means Angel is 2nd best in AZ right?

AXE 09

Smash Master
Well Idk man. Chris beat Taj, and Taj beat Angel. But then Taj beat Chris back.

Therefore, the best in the state is DualCats.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
but mewtwo has less options than samus
therefore, the best player in arizona is clearly....

ChivalRuse

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Wtf is that supposed to mean?
You know Tim so you should understand the point I'm making. If not, check the previous posts in the thread, and or talk to him about his stance of the state-wide power ranking and how he thinks its useless despite it being only beneficial.

AXE 09

Smash Master
You know Tim so you should understand the point I'm making. If not, check the previous posts in the thread, and or talk to him about his stance of the state-wide power ranking and how he thinks its useless despite it being only beneficial.
What are you trying to say?

AXE 09

Smash Master
LOL I didn't get it until you repeated it a few times =]

Man I wish they didn't close right after I placed my first order. I really could have used some popcorn chicken.

P.S.
JETFOUR DA BESS NESS IN AZ :awesome:
Lol! I was waiting for one of you guys to get it XD That was freakin hilarious hahaha

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
As much as this is fun guys, I will make the buck stop here. Gents, either we update the PR list soon, or we can make the next tourney a mandatory show up for PRs. As much as we are all laughing and giggling (which is hilariously funny) we need a solid Power Ranking. I also would like to increase the ranking list from 10 to 15. At least we have a showing on good players in the state on the verge of getting up there.

Likewise, we should have a bimonthly update of the rankings. If player cant show up at a tourney, too bad for them. We can't continue to hold off a PR cause everyone is in attendance, nor can we add people to the ranking who are not in the tournament scene, even if they are in the smash scene. Lets get it together guys.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I propose a guideline: If a player shows up to one tournament and is on the PR, they are considered active. If they are not on the PR, they must attend 2 tournaments to prove themselves PR worthy.

This would be if there were 2-3 tournaments per ranking period. If we have 4 or more, 2 tournaments and 3 tournaments would be the new guidelines.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Ranking period should be one quarter of a year by that rate. 3 tournies per quarter. At the time being, we should gather results for the last 2 tournies and for the next one to finally have a picture of a PR scene. I believe the Rankings should go on Hiatus during the Summer months due to school breaks, tho.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I propose a guideline: If a player shows up to one tournament and is on the PR, they are considered active. If they are not on the PR, they must attend 2 tournaments to prove themselves PR worthy.

This would be if there were 2-3 tournaments per ranking period. If we have 4 or more, 2 tournaments and 3 tournaments would be the new guidelines.
Nah cuz my bro showed to one tournament but isn't really active at all anymore. Especially with his new acquisition of an Xbox 360.

Ranking period should be one quarter of a year by that rate. 3 tournies per quarter. At the time being, we should gather results for the last 2 tournies and for the next one to finally have a picture of a PR scene. I believe the Rankings should go on Hiatus during the Summer months due to school breaks, tho.
I guess so. Though there's a high chance Summer tournaments will start happening, might be a bit more expensive, but they'd be a much better venue.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Nah cuz my bro showed to one tournament but isn't really active at all anymore. QUOTE]

As awesome as Big Benner is, Mr. Bionic Arm, if I had a say in PR, I'd kick him off for inactivity. I have to agree with Spencer on this. Sure it's insensitive, but the PR exists for the sole purpose of Tournament goer that are active within the community. If a smasher cannot/do not 1. Want to be on the ranking 2. Be active and 3. Attend the tournaments, then he's gone. That's why Jackie, Vman, and others can't be thrown onto consideration for the ranking. Tough Cookies.

We can make exceptions of course, we aren't inhuman. People have lives outside of smash too. It's only when they make the choice not to be active with the group anymore, is when they are generally knocked off for ranking.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Don't let Zinth derail this line of conversation. :D

Vman made a good point to me, lets not increase it to 15 for PR, keep it at 10. I would like an 11th place, or a runner up position. He made the point that we have 10 people on here for competitive means, and I think it should be as such.

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
The brawl PR looks okay, I suppose.

You all should try for a novel idea.
But yeah, I wanna see some updates.
:D

(Summer Tourneys sounds like a great idea also.)

Top Bottom