• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Legacy Presents: ARMAGEDDON - March 23rd, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

steep

Smash Lord
I might be coming to this. It's 4 days after my senior trumpet recital. I'll need to get away from music. Oh and I might need a partner.

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
I need a teammate for this sooooo yeah who wants to team (I like snakes, and metaknights if you wanna know XD)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Ever since Apex I have felt a great lack of desire for Smash in any form beyond occasionally spectating. Maybe it's due to my schooling difficulties, maybe it's due to my inability to consistently host, maybe it's my lack of access to WiFi/practice, who knows. But I just don't have any sort of Smash drive in me at the moment.

As someone who places a lot of pride and stock into his craft, it's with the most resolute of hearts that I have decided to cancel Armageddon.

A lot of people have made plans for this event; to this end, I can only offer my most sincere apologies. But I cannot, in good conscience, host Armageddon with a half-hearted effort. It's a disservice to me, to those who have faith in my TO'ing abilities, to my current attendees, and all my future attendees.

I have no idea when or if I will rediscover my love for Smash. But until then, I hope you all can understand. Thanks for reading.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Just to stifle confusion right away,

CLOWSUI HAS GIVEN KEL PERMISSION TO RUN ARMEGEDDON

They're talking it out with Arcade Legacy right now and Kel will have control of the thread/rules/etc as soon as I figure out how I can do that in the new system.

The tournament is back on as scheduled.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
also every team name is now "Overswarm has allowed them to be referred to as ______" where your team name goes in the blank.

Kel

Smash Master
I have taken over for this tournament and I am going to Arcade Legacy to talk with Jesse (store owner) later this evening. I will update everyone on what to expect as far as rules and whatnot very soon.

While I personally prefer MK banned tournaments, I recognize that:
1) The community has a demand for MK legal tournaments outside of Michigan that supply the MW with decent skill.
2) Many people have made plans under the assumption that this is a MK legal tournament and I do not want to disappoint them

Other rules are up to my discretion at this point, but I will most likely be using an Apex-esque stage list. Most likely all non flat + plat stages (including Delfino and Halberd) will be banned at this event in attempt to moderate the counter-picking power of MK. LGL will be on for MK only and scrooging rule will NOT BE ON.

Format will be Brawl doubles consisting with a straight-to-bracket format followed by Brawl singles with one round of pools into top 32-man bracket. I typically like to do pools where top 4 make it out with larger pool sizes. More will be explained in details later, but I just wanted people to know what to expect from me in the early stages so that they may make a decision on whether or not to go.

What's The Point

Smash Master
2) Many people have made plans under the assumption that this is a MK banned tournament and I do not want to disappoint them
I'm pretty sure you mean MK Legal.

Also it's currently set as a two day event. Not sure if you were aware since you didn't mention days in your schedule.

Kel

Smash Master
Thanks, WTP.

I probably will just make it a 1 day event. I am planning on only running singles and doubles and I expect many OOR people will not come now. I will report back after I talk with Jesse.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
With me having a job now this is still 50/50. I'd love to come but priorities elsewhere.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
...you do realize that I have 0% of winning that as opposed to a watered down melee field?

Chances are I'll probably go to SMYM, but only if people from Nebraska are going too. I can stay in state and get 2 stocked by players better than me in melee where as I can beat most players in NE in brawl on Random.

Kel

Smash Master
I do not believe I am going to run Melee; at least not this time. I am sort of picking up the pieces at this point and trying my best to run an enjoyable event. I do not feel that I could run multiple games and run Brawl correctly at the same time and since there is a SMYM on this same day, Melee kids will have other places to go any way.

I really need to gauge how many people are still planning on coming to this. Arcade Legacy said Chi was guessing around 120 people. We have both days reserved for the tournament, but I am confident we will finish on Saturday, especially if a lot of people are not coming.

Everyone, please confirm if you are still coming to this. Also, I need to know if Chi promised streaming rights to VGbootcamp or someone before I start looking elsewhere. I will go through this thread after work to catch myself up on the situation, but I would appreciate confirmations.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Kel, if you need help to run the tourney I can provide some assistance! As for attendance, I need to know if Cbus is willing to come since it was JUST cancelled and there was talk about some other plans for that date....most likely it's on though.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
1 its OH and I think people are still salty about rain
2 we might have an mi tourney same day(edit: we do and it's a lord helmet house tourney which is always a good time)
3 I don't have a partner(this only prevents me from taking people)

SoulPech

Smash Master
I don't really think so. It's been a month and we've already made changes to make the next Rain. If people are still salty it's on them. troll post IMO.

AFAIK, the players from MI planned to go to OH for Armageddeon are still going.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
2 we might have an mi tourney same day(edit: we do and it's a lord helmet house tourney which is always a good time)
3 I don't have a partner(this only prevents me from taking people)
Rain is Rain, this is this. There will more than likely be MI representation, it's just a matter of who is gonna go. As always we plan last minute :cool:, so let's wait a couple weeks.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Who are currently the number of MI players going to this? Do you know Zinoto?

Perhaps that Axis fellow can show up again.

Kel

Smash Master
I figured Michigan players would be all over this because it has a more EC ruleset than Apex (rule set still being finalized but I mentioned my intentions with stage lists and MK earlier).

Just let me know a rough figure so I can gauge who is coming. I need to know these things because I want to offer incentives for people who bring setups/ house players/ drive a carpool. I'm thinking of discounting $5 off singles for one of three things:
1) You drive a vehicle consisting of you plus at least two other people. I still haven't decided what distance should qualify.
2) You bring a complete setup consisting of a wii and TV
3) You are in the Cincinnati area and house at least 3 people from the area outside of the Cincinnati metro.

I can do these above things if we get 60-100 people that were being planned for. However, if we only get 20-40 people, $5 would be too much to discount too many people.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
kel said:
1) You drive a vehicle consisting of you plus at least two other people. I still haven't decided what distance should qualify.
+1 respect point to Kel for making it seem like he cares about the environment, even though it's completely out of context.

Player-1

Smash Legend
as far as i know, me, DRN, BigLou, Kismet, and one other person are still planning on coming. Housing would be appreciated

Top Bottom