• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Legacy Presents: ARMAGEDDON - March 23rd, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

Kel

Smash Master
600 Cincinnati Mills Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45240
Fees
Venue 5$ including all-day free play of Arcade Legacy arcade games
Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Singles: $10 per person

Registration will being around 11 AM for teams and end around noon. Singles registration will end around 3 PM and being when teams are over/ deep enough to where singles will not become bottle-necked.

General Rules
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off”
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal until 300%.
There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.

Pools play seeding will be determined by set wins first, followed by head to head wins in case of ties, followed by wins - losses, followed by replaying of a starter stage best of 1.

Modified Doubles Rules

Team Attack set to “On”
Double Meta Knight is Banned.
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can no
t determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner. If percents are tied then a 1 stock per player, 3 minute tie-breaker match on the same stage will occur.

If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

1) Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2) Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player. During Teams play controller ports 1 & 4 and 2 & 3 will each constitute as 'one controller port.'
3) Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4) The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5) The first match is played.
6) The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7) The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
8) The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9) The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10) The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11) The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.

Payouts:
Doubles:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Singles < 32:
1) 40%
2) 30%
3) 20%
4) 10%

Singles > 32:
1) 48%
2) 22%
3) 14%
4) 8%
5) 4%
5) 4%

Stage List
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium 1

JTsm

Smash Master
Outrage is on the 9th man.

MI won't be there unless the date is changed further away from the 9th.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Date changed, unless Jesse overrides

Also guys I'm gonna push this harder later but please pre-register. It costs nothing, it takes but a few seconds of your time and it helps me a lot. Out of the first fifty people to pre-reg, two will have venue fee completely waived. At and after the 75th person, a third person will be chosen out of the aggregate to receive a venue fee waiver.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
First page and I will most likely be here unless I get screwed over by school/money.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Probably hosting a Melee regional on this same day (March 23rd), but it shouldn't affect attendance much at all for either of us.

Player-1

Smash Legend
when I'm pre registering for the MK legal event should I go ahead and put that that I got first at the qualifying event?

C.J.

Smash Master
I'm sorry, Dual Format?

Talk to me Chi baby why am I not in this loop yet
MK banned and MK legal (invite only)

Oh ok. Can't afford flights :p
It depends on what all I have to do in classes/research wise around this. If I have nothing to do I'll skip a couple days of class and bus up w/ you or something. If I have a job/class/essays/research things to do though, then I'll be flying.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Real sad, Chi. You know I love your events, but that's two weeks away from our own tournament. If there was more space between the two events, I'd be game to come back, but realistically, my wallet wouldn't enjoy it be able to handle it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Interesting. I really hope you guys get enough support for the MK legal bracket, since it's qualifier only it would be a shame if those that made it didn't want to come.

What day will each event be held (MK legal / MK banned / doubles)? And are there going to be limitations on MK in doubles (legal/banned/1 per team)?

:059:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tentative plans:
Day 1
MK banned doubles bracket
MK banned singles pools + as much bracket as possible
MK legal singles until top 8

Part of doubles + part of each singles will be streamed

Day 2
MK legal singles top 8 in the morning
MK ban singles until completion in the afternoon

Also I set Apex top 64 as a possible qualification method to capture a broad base of candidates. From thereon out it shouldn't be too hard to gather 32 people. I'm figuring out a system right now that will be fair to all people who qualify (ie those who qualify through a later tourney don't get screwed b/c their tourney was later than another)

Roller

Smash Legend
This format looks abysmal and entirely unnecessary.

Are you trying to say that only good players should have/know how to deal with mk or something? If so, I might finally understand why OH feels the need to ban him from their tourneys. :yeahboi:

Top Bottom