• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Does anyone from OOS want housing day before for this?

I wanna hold a smashfest for the day before this.

Anyone interested?

Eggm you should come down for like all day practice imo :)

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
also, i can't emphasize this enough.

bring tvs.

bring cubes.

bring wiis.

bring surge protectors.

if you have recording equipment, bring that.

and watch your ****.

Alukard

Smash Hero
as much as i hate pools i guess we can have them...

but that means no 3v3 crews =[

LLDL

Smash Hero
most people on here want pools, but by all means go straight into da 64 man bracket lol

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I'd rather have pools cause I don't think I'd enter 3v3 crews anyway. This tournament is gonna take awhile anyway considering how many people we got.

Vist

Smash Champion
ive heard good things about a restaurant down the road from there called el bandido

anyone tried it out?

man im ****ing hungry lmao

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Can me and lunar get a chance at Commentating?

We don't have much experience but we want to commentate for Apex too and we just wanna get our feet wet : D

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Cops def ***** me on my way home tonight so I got the mean speeding ticket. So my chances of going have dropped a ton cuz I'll be at $0 come Saturday...srry Reno :(

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm hype beyond belief. This is truly the revival of melee...rescue edition.

<333 Everyone who is coming out to support this.

I truly do.

Everytime a Brawl player that bugs me about Melee getting crappy turnouts, and barely any new players coming into the scene...we'll just tell them about the East Coast. For the past couple weeks after school's been out ppl been showin up to tournies more.

Get 'em Alu!!!

Glad to see the old school players comin back, F*CK MLG!

Much respect to C.E.O. but I'm happy we're having a beastly turnout this weekend.

Melee forever.

Me and Prog are officially the commentary squad by the name of "A Tribe Called Rest" get at us!!!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
werd D1 ... i just think we need a little more competitive drive ... some good ol' rivalry ... i was thinkin about it last no johns ... i have the brackets and i think ima just instigate as a TO ^_^

its all love in melee until someone says they think u can't beat so and so ^_-

so it sounds like i found another way to spark some good ol' rivalry fun^_^ (miss SWAT days)

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I can come to this assuming my dad doesnt ban me from it between now and saturday. I might be bringing one or two other people.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'd be willing to put 1$ in for HBK to be able to come. Anyone else wanna help? We got like 50-60 coming if like 39 other people help me he'd probably be good for the day. This way sneak and nando and possibly red fox could come too (cause i don't got room and aint stopping in that area).

I think people should help me. People really under appreciate drivers in the community. It's really hard to pay for the car + the insurance + the gas + the brake pads + oil + other general matience + tickets you are GOING to get eventually no matter how conservative you drive.

Most drivers will take people for less than it actually costs to take them there out of kindness. People are talking about changes for scene future start helping the drivers. More drivers having to spend less and more incentive to go will help turnouts more than changing tournaments to 3 stocks. More drivers is more setups too.

Food for thought.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
I'd be willing to put 1$ in for HBK to be able to come. Anyone else wanna help? We got like 50-60 coming if like 39 other people help me he'd probably be good for the day. This way sneak and nando and possibly red fox could come too (cause i don't got room and aint stopping in that area).

I think people should help me. People really under appreciate drivers in the community. It's really hard to pay for the car + the insurance + the gas + the brake pads + oil + other general matience + tickets you are GOING to get eventually no matter how conservative you drive.

Most drivers will take people for less than it actually costs to take them there out of kindness. People are talking about changes for scene future start helping the drivers. More drivers having to spend less and more incentive to go will help turnouts more than changing tournaments to 3 stocks. More drivers is more setups too.

Food for thought.

10 truths.
Truth

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master

Food for thought.
The whole reason I am going to this is so I could follow around HBK's Marth and learn. Hell yes I'd pitch in a dollar.

Oh and maybe Vist didn't say this loud enough...

MD/VA is (possibly) bringing 2 cars!

Niko45

Smash Master
Wow you know ur the **** when ur own region is running a "get this player to our tournament!" fund.

I'll throw a dollar.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
hbk I no da feelin......**** our sexy skin colors.......ill throw in 4 cuz blk ppl gotta stick together

PK Webb

Smash Champion

Food for thought.
This is worth the double post....driving is a biotch and is mad expensive....think about it say u give me 5 for gas that's 18 miles a gallon....so u paid for roughly 27 miles but u live 10 miles from my house 20 miles from the venue that's 60 miles altogether if I gotta drive u home......the math sucks butt

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'll throw in a dollar if I remember to get change :lick:
Also, more recording setups / TVs wanted? Winston and I could probably fit 2 full setups + recording into one of our MD cars.

Top Bottom