• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Alukard

Smash Hero
is there really a mass maddness on this date ? ... i mean mass is really far anyway ... i dont think any of the normal no johns people are headed out there since its really only G$ and eggm that drive consistently in tristate lol

and G$ said his car cant be making those really far trips ...

Alukard

Smash Hero
tristates mad lazy

not legit
think about this tho ... we have more then two cars of people .... and we are all pretty much getting back into going to these locals ... becuz i only host once a month cuz of work and personal life getting in the way ... so now people are deprived of it and show up alot more ...

so it just benefits us greatly to just go to sumthing closer because more people would come ... so yea =\ ... sry ... i dont know wat ur mass attendance is like but ya all have cars out there ... mayb u can come to no johns ... and we can work sumthing out.... get whoever is hosting MM to hit me up =]

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Its pointless for tristate to go to Mass Madness without a car. Its too much of a hassle and money.

Although I agree with Macman on the lazy part. Many NY smashers are lazy. They consider going from Brooklyn to Bronx mad far. So pretty much any distance to those people is mad far. They take NY for granted when it comes to transportation. It gets pretty sad sometimes.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Its pointless for tristate to go to Mass Madness without a car. Its too much of a hassle and money.

Although I agree with Macman on the lazy part. Many NY smashers are lazy. They consider going from Brooklyn to Bronx mad far. So pretty much any distance to those people is mad far. They take NY for granted when it comes to transportation. It gets pretty sad sometimes.
Its pointless anyway. We have tournaments every weekend in tristate or ct or md/va, why go any further? We are better and we have tournaments available every single weekend lol. I got PC, Hax, Vanz and jman to keep me sharp and training hard around here.

Basically : Step it up, cause we got no incentive other than like darc. At least in md/va we have like plank/chu/chinesah/thetristate that go to md/va lol. New england is like... Darc.. and kinda thorn. xD

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i drive consistently lol but yea ill be at no johns due to distance and gas money.....i was jus stating a point

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its pointless anyway. We have tournaments every weekend in tristate or ct or md/va, why go any further? We are better and we have tournaments available every single weekend lol. I got PC, Hax, Vanz and jman to keep me sharp and training hard around here.

Basically : Step it up, cause we got no incentive other than like darc. At least in md/va we have like plank/chu/chinesah/thetristate that go to md/va lol. New england is like... Darc.. and kinda thorn. xD
=(

And here I thought I had some close sets with you.

..... Actually I'm just ****in with you.

otg

Smash Master
I'm using my 3000th post to call out MA

tristates mad lazy

not legit
Yeah we're def lazy. Let's all go drive 3+ hours to play with scrubs.

Real talk.

Alukard

Smash Hero
o u guys >_<

tec0 its ok ... i had a beast *** set with eggm too ... gimp his *** with samus at 140%+

but its just cuz we like RED sheik LOL

Eggm

Smash Hero
Nah its cause of this I didn't mention you.

Hey you going this weekend?

"No i'm scrubbing out"

Your a scrub.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm using my 3000th post to call out MA

Yeah we're def lazy. Let's all go drive 3+ hours to play with scrubs.

Real talk.
Its like 4+ hours from where I live. And I already got 1st at one with kdj, jman, and darc at it. And been in the finals at another, AND I think I won one other one vs swift (tristate) in the finals. And I think I only went to 3.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Gah, I haven't been to a tournament in forever so I'll try to make this. It's right after graduation so I can celebrate the ending of being a student and the beginning of just being a bum. I hope some scrubs go so I don't get last place.

Niko45

Smash Master

That's not lazy in my opinion...getting from the bronx to brooklyn is a pain in the ****in ***. At best you are talking about an express train on the corner of your starting point in the bronx to an express stop on the corner of wherever you're going in brooklyn. This is like 45 mins/hour minimum and also unrealistically convenient. Plus the subway is awful you may or may not be standing for that hour depending on when you go pressed up against some naked homeless dude in the corner and what not.

Driving there's tons of traffic and tolls to deal with unless you go out of your way to take the free bridges.

TL:DR Travelling from the bronx to brooklyn is way way harder than going from suburb to suburb in MA.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
If I go, public transit from NYC permitting, I will attempt to
bring Wii+Cube, but my Melee disc(s) suck. I would need someone
else's discs for that.

How many people do you guys expect to be at this?

Also, would I be allowed to setup Bawrl on a TV, if there's time?

Alukard

Smash Hero
If I go, public transit from NYC permitting, I will attempt to
bring Wii+Cube, but my Melee disc(s) suck. I would need someone
else's discs for that.

How many people do you guys expect to be at this?

Also, would I be allowed to setup Bawrl on a TV, if there's time?
nah sorry ... i dont like the smell of crap =\

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Its like 4+ hours from where I live. And I already got 1st at one with kdj, jman, and darc at it. And been in the finals at another, AND I think I won one other one vs swift (tristate) in the finals. And I think I only went to 3.
So kdj and darc are scrubs because you managed to beat them? You should be proud of winning that tournament but I don't see the point of this post.

Also this time you guys would have to go through maine and the canadians (who are potentially coming)... probably just scared... :p

Eggm

Smash Hero
I am proud. And I didn't say they were scrubs. But they are the best that area has to offer. My point was its not enough to justify driving 4 hours when we have mad good players right here in tristate.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
That's not lazy in my opinion...getting from the bronx to brooklyn is a pain in the ****in ***. At best you are talking about an express train on the corner of your starting point in the bronx to an express stop on the corner of wherever you're going in brooklyn. This is like 45 mins/hour minimum and also unrealistically convenient. Plus the subway is awful you may or may not be standing for that hour depending on when you go pressed up against some naked homeless dude in the corner and what not.

Driving there's tons of traffic and tolls to deal with unless you go out of your way to take the free bridges.

TL:DR Travelling from the bronx to brooklyn is way way harder than going from suburb to suburb in MA.
I'm talking about public transit, more specifically taking the train. There's always possibilities of anything happening at any time. There's a possibility that you can get ***** right now lol. Even if lets say randomly you can't get a seat on the train, its not like you're gonna be standing up for countless amount of hours. Like you said, 45 minutes to an hour. In that time, you can definitely end up getting a seat. NY of course has mad random homeless n*ggas on the train and they're not naked lol. Also, even if you see a random bum or whatever, its not like you gotta be next to the person. You're just super exaggerating. Going from the Bronx to Brooklyn is not a pain in the a$$ since all you gotta do is get in the train, and sit down or stay standing up depending on if there are seats or if you wanna sit down. I believe the real reason you say its in a pain in the a$$ is because of how long you have to be in the train, which is not even long. You gotta remember that every destination you wanna go to isn't 10 minutes away. Its NY, we have the best transportation system in the world, and thats it. Just admit you're lazy lol.

Niko45

Smash Master
I was just kidding about the naked stuff, but the subway sucks horribly and this isn't a secret. The trains are too crowded and there aren't enough of them. Wait times are long between trains. A few times I've hopped on the subway by Penn near my work and gone to Reno's place in BK, which isn't far in BK at all but you need 2 transfers. That runs me a good 1:15 and that's just midtown to BK.

The point is compared to taking packed infrequent subways walking out into your driveway and jumping in your car is way way easier which is what they do in MA. I'd rather drive 2+ hours on the highway than take the subway from BX to BK any day.

Eggm

Smash Hero
The problem with NYC tournaments is anyone not from NYC has a ***** of a time coming. You have to pay 8$ (at least) thats the cheapest bridge plus all the tolls before you get to NYC and parking is awfullllllllllllll

thx

Smash Ace
Being the lazy person I am I almost never go to tournies because they are so far (what i consider far), along with pretty much the rest of my crew. I think serge was the only one going to tournys but if he comes to this i will try to come with :D

Top Bottom