• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I guess West Coast needs to know how to fight ICs lol. Fly Amanita is good though. He must be super on fuego while the rest are playing horrible lol. I double 3-stocked him in tournament when I went to Cali for Pat's House. Just kill Nana lol.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
all videos are posted.

**** you.
LOL good sh*t prog AKA east coast waffles of uploading.

f*ck IC's, spacies, and puff. I heard a G&W is taking apex. not sure who though :laugh:

EDIT: wtf niko we didn't get to play! faaaailure lol

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Who would guess that a character that has the best recovery, a one hit ko move that can be comboed into, and a disjointed spamable move would be so good?
She also dies fast and if you miss rest you usually die which was why people didn't think it mattered and that she was mediocre at best.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo seriously ... people just didn't abuse jiggs broken **** back then ... and still i dont think she is better then 4th best mayb 5th

BUT SHES STILL GDLK

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm mad ya n*ggas is still talking about Jiggs lol. All the high tiers are better than her when it comes to singles. Its just that ALOT of people don't know how to fight her. Alot of those people play against Jiggs like she's any other character. There are different ways of fighting her effectively and I'm not just talking about picking Fox and camping with 500 million lasers.

Now when it comes to teams, Jiggs is second best. She's mad overrated in singles though. Its like Deathknight said. She's 7th best in singles.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Puff is so limited, people just need to learn to fight her. Take a look at the best Puffs, Mango and Hungrybox. Colbol ***** Hungrybox and Lucky can **** Mango's puff all because they play them a lot. It's knowing the match up and the person's style. Knowing those 2 things you win. I think Marth, Sheik, Peach, Fox, Falco, and Falcon are all better than Puff in singles. Though Puff is definitely top 3 in doubles. Grab rest combos and being able to save your partner from death... too good.

otg

Smash Master
*Devils advocate*

Marth dominated singles for what... 6 years? People look at him like he's awful now (which is still hilarious). People just needed to learn how to fight and adapt to him, now he's looked on like trash.

I think the person behind the character makes the character, I mean ****. When I'm on, I make Doc look like he's god tier.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
homie

mango can use like 4 different characters and make them look like theyre the best character in the game

you cant argue jiggs ISNT the best because shes won everything major since pound 3

if your not gonna base it on results what are you gonna base it on? potential?

if thats the case the fox is potentially the best character because if you could be frame perfect in everything you would **** everyone

and thats the bottom line

Alukard

Smash Hero
i will probably 100% agree with mogwais list when he releases it because i dont think we ever heavily disagreed about that stuff LOL

<3 frame data LOL

Niko45

Smash Master
Only thing I know I will disagree with Mogwai on is that he will have pikachu too low. He also might put Marth down in a Peach/CF tier which is definitely not right and he also might say Falco is the best overall character.

Cheddar Jack

Smash Rookie
you cant argue jiggs ISNT the best because shes won everything major since pound 3

if your not gonna base it on results what are you gonna base it on? potential?

if thats the case the fox is potentially the best character because if you could be frame perfect in everything you would **** everyone

and thats the bottom line
Hmm... didn't Dr. PeePee beat Hungrybox at some big national tournament though recently? To me, that suggests that it's Mango that's dominant and not Puff. I probably do agree that Jiggs is of the same caliber (in the same general tier) as spacies/sheik, but I think the tournament placings of each character would be a lot more evenly distributed, sans Mango. I.e. Hungrybox winning some with Puff, M2K winning some with Sheik/Marth, Dr.Peepee and/or other high level smashers winning a few with their respective mains.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Its all about the players and the potential the characters they use have. Samus has the potential of winning a big national tournament. I'm try my best to end up doing that. If I win tournaments left and right with Samus, it doesn't mean she's the best or among the high tiers. Its just the way I use her in my own weird, effective way, know alot of her potential, and my overall skills and knowledge of the game.

Alukard

Smash Hero
well marth isn't that great ... and probably should be that low ... he has pretty bad defense ... among alot of other things

god and jesus are the best in the game ... aka fox and falco

then its sheik ... then jiggs .. IMO then peach then marth =D

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
well marth isn't that great ... and probably should be that low ... he has pretty bad defense ... among alot of other things

god and jesus are the best in the game ... aka fox and falco

then its sheik ... then jiggs .. IMO then peach then marth =D
Idk about Peach > Marth.
Marth beats Peach. Peach also is countered by Young Link and few random characters sort of how Jiggs is as well.

Anyone who is looking for a Melee tourney or anyone who liked the venue I hosted the last Saffron in, support my Melee tourney!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271329

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Hmm... didn't Dr. PeePee beat Hungrybox at some big national tournament though recently? To me, that suggests that it's Mango that's dominant and not Puff. I probably do agree that Jiggs is of the same caliber (in the same general tier) as spacies/sheik, but I think the tournament placings of each character would be a lot more evenly distributed, sans Mango. I.e. Hungrybox winning some with Puff, M2K winning some with Sheik/Marth, Dr.Peepee and/or other high level smashers winning a few with their respective mains.
herb3 wasnt that big, def not a national

mango would have gone to it if it was

but in the national tourneys puff has come out on top 100% of the time since pound 3

i definitely agree that its just mango that is dominant and not puff, cuz like i said he can use like 4 characters and make them look like theyre the best in the game.

idk where the debate is going or why its taking place, but really, who cares whos the best character, who cares who has the most potential, play who you wanna play and who you do the best with, after that, nothing else matters imo

and tec0

pink yoshi ***** goggles pichu

Top Bottom