• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I think armada could easily lose to Hbox. If hbox has a new anti-yl strat that actually works (and that shouldn't be too hard for a player of his caliber; he didn't do it last time 'cause he foolishly thought it was a gimmick) and wins the double blind/just wins if it's still w/ puff, he's got it cold.

Armada's guaranteed top 4 imo, not top 3

And m2k even has a chance maybe with new stuff so top 5.
This a million times over. I'm surprised how many people discount Hbox on this one. I mean, I'm assuming Armada has a back-up plan (be it Peach practice or some other character), but if he doesn't, or if Hbox can beat the back-up plan, then he's done if Hbox has the YL stuff figured out.

Yo Hbox--counter his Young Link with... ready for this?... Young Link. :awesome: Then he pulls Peach and you beat that with Young Link too. Then you laugh all the way to the bank while Young Link jumps a couple places because of his magical floaty-killer powers. And yes, you totally have time left to prepare for this.

In all seriousness, though, predictions are pretty meaningless for Apex at this point imo. So many big names, so many possible upsets, so many people with crazy plans to deal with other people. I mean. I feel pretty safe in putting Mango, Armada, PP, Hbox, and M2K in the top eight. That's it. I won't even say top five, because there are plenty of players that could feasibly bump them out (example: Amsah).

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'd really like to see Javi **** some people up. Get another region other than Americanada and Europe on the map. Don't think Japan has a chance based on Kou at G2.

Maybe Javi and Tuga will bring that brother-team thang on. We've never seen it with 2 great players...

t3h Icy

Smash Master
ITT: SK tries to hide the fact that he doesn't have cash for melee MM's because he lost it all in high-stakes flexed arm hang MM's against yours truly.

Also challenging people to MM's is a great way to keep them honest/punish them for putting too much faith in their silly opinions because they're bad at the game in question.
Go back to cosplaying Misty.

He has learned the Falcon match up now. That won't happen again.
Yup. Most people are saying S2J is the best Falcon now, and Armada's 2-0'd him twice now.

After chilling with overtriforce @ rom4. I learned that he was one of the most humble smashers i met. I dont think he will win the tourny but i think he can give some of the players put on some people's list a run for their money and same with amsah and others.
In Over we trust.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amsah took out Armada again. He's ****ing good at the match-up from playing Armada for years and NTSC dthrow & uair are amazing.
Sick johns, but still true. It makes me wonder if Mew2King will go Sheik should he and Armada meet again.

Maybe Javi and Tuga will bring that brother-team thang on. We've never seen it with 2 great players...
All about synergy, yo.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'd really like to see Javi **** some people up. Get another region other than Americanada and Europe on the map. Don't think Japan has a chance based on Kou at G2.

Sadly, it doesn't look as if Tuga is going to be able to make it at this point.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I think armada could easily lose to Hbox. If hbox has a new anti-yl strat that actually works (and that shouldn't be too hard for a player of his caliber; he didn't do it last time 'cause he foolishly thought it was a gimmick) and wins the double blind/just wins if it's still w/ puff, he's got it cold.

Armada's guaranteed top 4 imo, not top 3

And m2k even has a chance maybe with new stuff so top 5.
I hope nobody forgot about hbox's observation...

YOSHI IN FINALS

The war of the double blind pick begins

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'll get a Yoshi in finals.. =D

I got this... :p

I'd like to see Hbox's Yoshi too :p
You're going vman? o:

I actually checked the apex registration list when I posted that comment and was disappointed when I didn't see you.

And I'm pretty sure hbox was just trolling when he made that thread lol

Pi

Smash Hero
i just got a chance to finally sit down and play hbox for an extended period of time

ya'll aren't even ready for this ****

get hype *****es

PB&J

Smash Hero
We all know hbox sucks though,jk..lol..its a shame Juan doesnt get anough love,i just never want him to beat colbol but besides that I always root for juan the majority. I hope Everyone plays there A game @ apex for there to be no johns and just "he outplayed me" . To me it just disspoints me when i come super close of beating someone so called good third game last stock or something. I rather just get 4 stocked but i have been chaning my mindset up a bit lately. Its time for me to crush people's dreams. I mean who wants to lose to me right?..lol. At this point in melee from my view there are alot of good players,great players,and a few extraordinary. Kage's mindset is really positive,which is really great. He will prob be the first ganon besides linguini in grand finals @ a national one day. Even though Hax vs Kage was a little sloppy to me,it still showed that Kage got way better and Hax said he got better too. To be honest im really looking forward more towards teams @ apex. If tuga doesnt go i think im teaming with Javi,but i really want tuga to go because i think they will do awseome because i love fox/falco .played right i think its the best team and no one is going to convince me different. This tourny could be the rise of the marth players,or it could be the return of Fox dominance and Plup.just had to throw plup in there..lol

:phone:

Pi

Smash Hero
pb&j for president

let's hang out more at this...we've chilled a couple times at so and so tournaments...i'm kniht if u don't remember

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Heh man, if it would be possible to play perfectly all the time in tournament, it would be quite odd to me. Sometimes, the pressure is too great and you will get ***** or **** the other guy, I guess it just depends what happens. I mean just giving one hell of a performance is good enough for me, it's always fun to fight strong players. =)

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Its looking like Tuga and Mach Dash aren't going to make it to Apex :/

PB&J

Smash Hero
atlus would know about tuga,ill pm him later and im sure the 1000 donation paid for cj and machdash,i guess we will know on early sunday morning.

Knit- i knew it was you and yeah,we can chill @ apex,who are u staying with @ the hotel?

Pi

Smash Hero
atlus would know about tuga,ill pm him later and im sure the 1000 donation paid for cj and machdash,i guess we will know on early sunday morning.

Knit- i knew it was you and yeah,we can chill @ apex,who are u staying with @ the hotel?

idk, gonna search for rooms w/ plup/colbol/hbox/gahtzu

PB&J

Smash Hero
this tourny is going to be insane,got my teammate finally. just listened to like 6 hours plus of peefs state of the game. leffen seems really smart,in 5 days people will be at the hotel,6 days until history happens. and one more random thing,i predict melee gets 300 plus players for melee.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
1. Mango
2. Dr. Peepee
3. Hungrybox
4. Mew2King
5. Javi
5. Amsah
7. Armada
7. Shroomed
9. S2J
9. Vanz