• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
How do people justify taking Mango out of that SS tier after one tournament?
he's lost the last two majors to armada. and he didnt even make it to gf's at apex. armada is the only one consistently performing at that level. armada solidified his champ status with the win over hbox.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Fun fact: Armada's Young Link still continues to have never been Rested by Hungrybox.
Which remains preposterous to me. I don't know whether that's a fault of HBox's, or Armada simply avoiding it well, or if it's just how the MU works, but I pointed that out to a friend earlier and it seems pretty zany to both of us. I mean. They've now played a grand total of 14 games of this MU, right? Two at Pound V, four at Genesis 2, and eight tonight. Seems like there'd have been a rest in there.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Armada really has proven himself to be the best player at the moment, honestly.

Does he have a losing record against any of the top players?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Javi is exactly what this community needs. Who the heck saw that coming?

And honestly, if Javi and PP were to play a few more matches I think PP would adapt and win. Even if not, PP is still the all around better player. Javi got a largely fast faller bracket so we dont know how he would do against some different characters. He lost to hbox, but he did beat vanz.
It's responses like this that give Americans the stigma that they're deluded and pull out every excuse in the book when their players lose. "PP is still the all around better player"? On what basis do you justify this on? The only factual evidence we have suggests that Javi is the better player.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It's responses like this that give Americans the stigma that they're deluded and pull out every excuse in the book when their players lose. "PP is still the all around better player"? On what basis do you justify this on? The only factual evidence we have suggests that Javi is the better player.
They played two matches against each other and Javi had no idea what to do vs jiggs. Being an all around better player is more than one person beating the other. It's about how he'd do against the rest of the community. Javi had a heavily fast faller bracket which means he still needs to prove himself.

And for the record, this has nothing to do with me being American. Javi's fox is freaking incredible. It's basically the playstyle I love most, and I can already tell I like his fox more than pp's falco, at least against fast fallers. So ppttthhh

Merkuri

Smash Lord
This.

And I really want to see more of Mexico's top players come to the U.S now. Sadly it's less likely than the European Players because of how poor the country/people are.

They played two matches against each other and Javi had no idea what to do vs jiggs. Being an all around better player is more than one person beating the other. It's about how he'd do against the rest of the community. Javi had a heavily fast faller bracket which means he still needs to prove himself.

It may not be so much that he has no idea what to do, as much as he lost. The last match was pretty close and he was playing it pretty well. Javi has a unique style, and he probably just wasn't prepared for the uber unique style that Hbox has. I don't know what makes you think PP would do better against the rest of the community considering that Javi defeated more players throughout the bracket than PP did. And the majority of smashers play fast fallers, there is nothing odd or illegitimate about getting a fast faller bracket.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Poor, you mean?

And considering that Mexico has proved themselves, I feel like good player funds for the Mexicans are in order. Javi is too ***ing good

Composeur

Smash Ace
I'm so hyped for the vids to go up. I want them now!

Anyway, Armada's secured himself a place as the reigning champion. I think it's long overdue :)

Also, very excited for Javi. When's the next major tournament, then? Haha

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
lol i think it'd be easier for Americans to travel to Mexico...
i mean the whole Javi thing was all thanks to Atlus

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

And for the record, this has nothing to do with me being American. Javi's fox is freaking incredible. It's basically the playstyle I love most, and I can already tell I like his fox more than pp's falco, at least against fast fallers. So ppttthhh
So because PP has proven himself to be better in one match-up (not sure that I agree that he's clueless vs Jiggs either, I agree with etwist that hbox just outplayed both him and mango), that makes him better? Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree there. I also don't see why "they only played two matches" is relevant, Javi can't adapt too? I think if you re-watched his set vs hbox you would think otherwise.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
This. As far as I know, Javi isn't well off financially and if we want more of him in US tournaments, we need to help fund him to come. Atlus spent a ton of money to get him here, and we should all thank him!

Merkuri

Smash Lord
They could probably afford to come to major tourneys in California with a little help from the rest of the community.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
This. As far as I know, Javi isn't well off financially and if we want more of him in US tournaments, we need to help fund him to come. Atlus spent a ton of money to get him here, and we should all thank him!
Hooray Atlus!

They could probably afford to come to major tourneys in California with a little help from the rest of the community.
This is true, but i feel like we're just being lazy. If we dont travel to Europe the least we can do is go to Mexico. I'm sure the Mexican smash community would appreciate it.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
The only factual evidence we have suggests that Javi is the better player.
no. lol.

hes cool tho, **** falco

EDIT: BTW many people here in tx are friends with javi and there was a lot of talk (before apex) about javi wanting to come only because he wanted to end his melee career. i dont know if things have changed after his performance plus the fact that pretty much everyone comes back to melee, but ya i can only assume at mthe is "retired" status

PB&J

Smash Hero
I spoke to Javi @ apex and he def wants to come back to apex,he said he had alot of fun in america and really enjoyed his visit.

P.s. -Armada is pretty good @ this game

Edit: this is what i learned from playing Javi and watcxhing him play top players. He adapts like Mango and Armada,you have to play totally different to beat him. I honestly just told hbox to play him like he was colbol . I dont say that for every fox,hopefully you guys will understand. He is extremely good. I recorded a match where shiz ***** him one set and then Javi alomst 4 stocked him both games in the second set.

apex was fun,wish it was ran different and had like 50 more setups for each game but i learned alot from it so you guys better look for me on the top results thread next apex

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wut? He didn't say mango was the best, he said he MIGHT be EQUAL to Armada ON A GOOD DAY.

Armada's undoubtedly the champ now. I'm surprised, but I'll admit it.
I misread his post and thought he included Armada in the people Mango's a step above, my bad ;P

JPOBS

Smash Hero
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. PP
4. Hbox
5. M2k
5. Hax
7. Wobbles
7. Lovage
9. S2j
9. Kirbykaze
9. Shroomed
9. PC Chris

I think wobbles is the most underrated player in the community.
^ my predictons
actual results:
1: Armada ($3,360.00)
2: Hungrybox ($960.00)
3: Mango ($480.00)
4: Javi
5: Dr Peepee
5: KirbyKaze
7: Hax
7: Shroomed
9: Lovage
9: MacD
9: Wobbles
9: Unknown522

I was hella close. M2k and javi pulling the unpredictable!

PB&J

Smash Hero
Javi is getting money,alex strife said he will be updating it later tonight. i bet he is sleeping because i would be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom