• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Javi was showing really deep player understanding. As I expected, however, a player from a small, more isolated scene is going to have trouble with matchup experience.

He is incredibly smart; Mango should start training him.
I agree. Javi easily had the tools necessary to beat Hbox, but Hbox is really good against Fox and Javi most likely didn't know the matchup as well as most of the others. No johns for him, but I feel like he just has to play it differently.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I wish Puff was banned from this event. She's horrible for the community. Grand Finals just humiliated and embarrassed and dissapointed everyone who spent all morning defending it from StreetF@ggots and MarvelvsCapcunts....thanks alot.
Banning young link seems more reasonable, but even that is ridiculous. I feel bad for hbox due to all the grief he gets, he did so good with that comeback when he was down 2-0. Shoutouts to Seibrik, I got a lot of respect for brawl players just because of that.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
People need to stfu about Jiggs, it was armada who camped the **** out of hbox.

:phone:

Tekk

Smash Lord
I wish Puff was banned from this event. She's horrible for the community. Grand Finals just humiliated and embarrassed and dissapointed everyone who spent all morning defending it from StreetF*****s and MarvelvsCapc***s....thanks alot.
you are so dumb

Griffard

Smash Ace
Hbox matches were all incredibly unhype, but there's no easy solution to fixing Jiggs matches. It's just how the character plays, and it happens to be effective to camp her out with YL. Doesn't mean anything should be banned.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I wish Puff was banned from this event. She's horrible for the community. Grand Finals just humiliated and embarrassed and dissapointed everyone who spent all morning defending it from StreetF@ggots and MarvelvsCapcunts....thanks alot.
You want to ban a character to please the FG community? The haters will hate on Smash regardless... and I don't see the point of trying to pretend defensive/campy play doesn't happen in Smash, because it does. If you love this game, be proud of the game you've got, not the game that will please outsiders.

I wish Puff was banned from this event. She's horrible for the community. Grand Finals just humiliated and embarrassed and dissapointed everyone who spent all morning defending it from StreetF*****s and MarvelvsCapc***s....thanks alot.
I swear you are 13 years old.

You're a conceited prick who thinks he can speak for the whole community and make judgements regarding what's good and bad for the community.

You are an embarassment. It's thanks to people like you that there's such immaturity and hate in this community. Thanks a lot.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hbox matches were all incredibly unhype, but there's no easy solution to fixing Jiggs matches. It's just how the character plays, and it happens to be effective to camp her out with YL. Doesn't mean anything should be banned.
hbox vs mango and hbox vs javi were both pretty hype. Though most people were disappointed with the outcomes, hbox was still getting off and repping the puff. Hype has nothing to do with brokenness, which is the only factor that should really be considered when banning anything.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
you are so dumb
Tekk is saying this because he's a Puff main.

Well, either that or because Spam_arrows is actually one of the worst posters on this site on almost every topic (based on what I've seen in the past year).

Yeah... probably the latter.

The Tycon

Smash Apprentice
how was finals not hype? Rematch, down to the wire, tense sets with country superiority basically on the line? It was pretty hype, it just wasn't Fox dittos.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
After hours of searching, we've traced the trolls back to their source!

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
how was finals not hype? Rematch, down to the wire, tense sets with country superiority basically on the line? It was pretty hype, it just wasn't Fox dittos.
I found grand finals very hype. Every time hbox took a match I was jumping in my seat haha. I won't deny that the first 5-6 minutes of each match is a bit boring and repetitive, though.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I actually really liked most of hbox's matches before grand finals. Him vs kk were pretty cool.

However, I have started to hate Armada's low risk/high reward playstyle. I guess it is smart, but... erg.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Do you really think either Armada or Hungrybox would throw away $1000 and the pride of being the best Melee player just to entertain some randoms?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
@ Everyone who hates what I said.

1) Depending on what happens in Finals of Brawl, Melee could and probably will end up being the worst Finals of EVERY game that was at APEX 2012.(Including Pokemon).

2) I am proud of this game the same way some people are proud to be Muslim or Christian. Those people feel equally bad whenever someone who shares their religion Suicide bombs a children's hospital or claims god supports the KKK.

3) I'm not immature I'm speaking the same language that was spoken to me all morning by some meathead new**** who just started playing fighting games or any games for that matter in the past few years.

4) **** you and you can suck the salt from my balls

5) **** your couch

6) **** hungrybox and the box**********s

7) **** mango for losing to him

8) **** the mod who will probably infract me for this

9) **** anyone who main's marth

10) **** anyone who doesn't play fox/Sheik/Falco/Peach/IC's/Doc because your characters got **** up(**** myself in this case which I still might)

11) Javi is the hero of this event

12)**** m2k for being a ***** and quitting out just to get ***** in brawl.

did I miss anything?....**** it!

The Star King

Smash Hero
hold on

what made Pokemon GFs so horrible?

yeah I'm not taking this kid seriously anymore

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
1: Armada
2: Mango
3: PP
4: Hungrybox
5: M2K
6: Javi???? (it's early to put Javi anywhere, but the guy seems hella consistent and good)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
SS: Armada
S: Mango, Hungrybox, Dr. PeePee, Javi, Mew2King (not ordered)

It breaks my heart, but Amsah and Axe are not uber players. :(

Oh well. :awesome:

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
SS: Armada
S: Mango, Hungrybox, Dr. PeePee, Javi, Mew2King (not ordered)
I basically agree with this. There's no way we can discredit Javi at all after this tournament. He can easily become part of the top 5, if he isn't already.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
I'm still in shock that he 2-0'd PP. His style was sick, best Fox vs Falco I've ever seen by far. Just need to get that puff matchup down.

So weird, cause I didn't get the feeling he was this good when he played in crews or teams. And when he lost to lovage in round 2 I didn't think he'd get THAT much further, but he definitely stepped it up in losers.

And I still think Mango is a step above Hbox, PP, M2K and Javi. He's probably equal to Armada on a good day, but this wasn't it.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
m2k is an idiot, not only is he disappointing his fans, also walking with such a pessimistic mindset through life wont do him any good.

mango either is no longer the outstanding player he was in 09, or the rest just stepped it up. either way i personally believe that mango was not motivated this tournament for whatever reason. not only did he play a complete ledgeplay against hbox, he also seemed to not play the beautiful smart-aggressive style like usual. dont like seeing mango choking. dont like it at all. next to armada he was that person you always know hes performing art that the opponent will never understand.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm still in shock that he 2-0'd PP. His style was sick, best Fox vs Falco I've ever seen by far. Just need to get that puff matchup down.

So weird, cause I didn't get the feeling he was this good when he played in crews or teams. And when he lost to lovage in round 2 I didn't think he'd get THAT much further, but he definitely stepped it up in losers.
I saw the signs. He looked good but Hugs didn't look like he could keep up with everything. It seemed to me like he was carrying the team.

in Crews Jman caught him slipping but look at how he brought it back considering how far down he was. I thought he would do well but I admit I didn't think he would beat PP. I gave him close but losing to Hax..he SHOCKED THE WORLD except mexico.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
I saw the signs. He looked good but Hugs didn't look like he could keep up with everything. It seemed to me like he was carrying the team.

in Crews Jman caught him slipping but look at how he brought it back considering how far down he was. I thought he would do well but I admit I didn't think he would beat PP. I gave him close but losing to Hax..he SHOCKED THE WORLD except mexico.

Oh I agree, I saw signs of him being an outstanding Fox too. But it's hard to judge someone just by watching them use tech skill or play against mid-high level players, everything changes when you get to play someone like PP. I just never thought he'd be a TOP player on THAT level.

And I think Mango's Falco would've done better against Armada for sure, at least 1-3 or 2-3 in Armadas favor.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Also there's a pretty simple way to make things like the Armada/Hbox match bearable: change the format from 4 stocks/8 minutes to 2 stocks/4 minutes. That way matches that naturally take forever like YL vs. Anything aren't borderline unwatchable and we solve the issue of smash tournaments running behind schedule.

Or people could stop being scrubs, grow a pair and accept that Melee is a deep and varied game and accept everything that that entails.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman

And I still think Mango is a step above Hbox, PP, M2K and Javi. He's probably equal to Armada on a good day, but this wasn't it.
I knew he was the one as soon as soon as he made a 3 stock "comeback" on Jman in crews. Before that comeback I just though he was a basic scrub, not up to our competition. But once he brought it back, I knew he was something.

I agree that Mango is above the rest of them, as mostly proven in the tournament except for Losers Finals. I'm not going to john for him, and I agree that he can't win like he used to - he's going to have to change his game for Armada if he wants to be the best again. Armada punishes way too well, and Mango's style opts for a lot of mistakes for Armada to capitalize on.

He certainly can bring his game back to Armada's level, but he's got some work to do.

also he needs to train javi, the true descendant of the aztecs, to prevent 2012

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
I'm proud of Mango trying hard. Probably the first time he's ever tried and actually gotten wrecked, but he seemed to be in a good mood. He probably doesn't care half as much as his fanboys do.

rhan

Smash Hero
Mango v Armada was pretty epic.
I like Mango.
Armada in that set was godlike though. Then Mango v Javi was epic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom