• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
STEP BACK

you should come to my place for friendlies thursday night

but then sleep at cobr's

The thing you missed is that i am chris

so thats whats up

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
anyone wanna play on Thursday? especially if you can house me for Thursday :)

i will MM you if you want

i feel like i'm gonna walk into this place completely unable to hide a gigantic **** eating grin

Gerson tho
Yeah I have also wanted to play ya for sometime :)

My list of MMS
Battlecow
Han Solo
Banze
Sensei (MM your Link on DL for $5 Best of 3?)
ballin4life

I will do best of 3 or 5 for $5 all MMS that I do will be recorded with my recording set up.
Find me at Apex guys so we can play :)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
chris you're high, i know it

also ballin, just gimme details on when you'd be arriving in new brunswick and where you'd be and i could give you directions to my place. i don't think i'll be around til like 7pm though, so if you get in at like 2pm, just sit in the bar and drink for a few hours.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Where are people playing on Thursday night? I'd like to crash a smashfest for a few hours if that's alright.
From what I know so far. Me and Kefit plan to go to Megavolts for some SSB when we get to NJ after 5pm est. Thinking Sensei is going too. If you want to go you will have to ask Megavolt if its ok.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
STEP BACK

you should come to my place for friendlies thursday night

but then sleep at cobr's

The thing you missed is that i am chris

so thats whats up
ah yeah missed that. cool.

chris you're high, i know it

also ballin, just gimme details on when you'd be arriving in new brunswick and where you'd be and i could give you directions to my place. i don't think i'll be around til like 7pm though, so if you get in at like 2pm, just sit in the bar and drink for a few hours.
I get in to JFK at 3:40PM. It will probably take me like 3 hours to get from there to New Brunswick anyway. I was going to take the NJ transit train out of Penn station in New York.

LLDL

Smash Hero
KnitePhox, this is what I think we're going to do if you don't mind.

The presentation I linked takes up a lot of my CPU. I can do local recording just fine, but anything more, like if I stream simultaneously and it starts to lag, and I don't want the actual recordings to have any lag. So I'm going to record offline (with presentation), and we will split the signal out to your setup, which you will stream/record (without presentation). This way, the high quality videos with player cam and all will be recorded with no lag and saved on my computer. That way, the viewers can get a stream, AND we will have backup video files in case anything happens to my copies (which I don't think will happen).

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
KnitePhox, this is what I think we're going to do if you don't mind.

The presentation I linked takes up a lot of my CPU. I can do local recording just fine, but anything more, like if I stream simultaneously and it starts to lag, and I don't want the actual recordings to have any lag. So I'm going to record offline (with presentation), and we will split the signal out to your setup, which you will stream/record (without presentation). This way, the high quality videos with player cam and all will be recorded with no lag and saved on my computer. That way, the viewers can get a stream, AND we will have backup video files in case anything happens to my copies (which I don't think will happen).
I'll be in agreement with whatever works best, don't mind your proposition. I'm bringing a feb2012 i7 laptop, no gfx card in it though. Might be able to switch laptops for eachothers' purposes as to have as many recorded matches overall as we can..? Bring an external hdd? I can bring an external and besides the gen3 i7, laptop has super optimized win7 64bit for ridiculous boot and response speed as well as 500+gb free space and 8gb of 1600mhz memory, only standard 5400rpm hdd though, won't bring ssd because of storage lacking of ssds

I'm still ok with recording/streaming setup you mentioned, but the laptop I'm bringing is pretty strong so maybe with the software it can run your setup and I'm sure your laptop can easily run my intended needs, as they aren't demanding much.

Whaddya say?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Sounds good to me actually. So we can switch and transfer with the external. Will help if you already have xsplit installed already. Gotta set everything up quickly.

Actually, the problem is I'm using an allinone desktop. If we don't get an ethernet cable to us, which I don't think we will, this comp won't be able to connect to the internet anyway. But it would be nice to have a stronger computer for the recording anyway, so if I can get my presentation on your computer, we can stream and record on yours, and you can use mine and record matches. What capture device do you have btw?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Anyone interested in doing any sort of commentary whatsoever, please let chain-ace and I know by PM. Include commentary samples if you have any (not necessary but good to have). I'll ignore any requests that aren't sent via PM.

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
Decided to come last night!! Just registered and bought plane tickets... Still looking for a place to stay tho, can anyone fit a smasher on their couch or floor for a night or two??

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
if jaime doesn't take me up on my offer you can have the other couch, homie

actually **** it, there's a recliner next to the two couches downstairs so even if jaime needs the second one you can stay on dat ish.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Wow I just looked and there's 94 people registered.

I'm so jealous of everyone who's going.

They should just lift the cap entirely so 100 people is a possibility.

EDIT: But I wonder how many noobs are gonna show up to this without a controller lol. Probably at least 10-15.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
guess I'll just take your offer cobr, thanks man.

I'm going to need directions to your place though my flight will arrive at NYC's JFK Airport
i live at rutgers, so assuming you're doing what ballin is doing - taking the train in - it's literally on the same street as the exit from the station. down like, four blocks. i'll message ya the address and my number

Nintendude

Smash Hero
TEAMS is happening Friday night / Saturday early afternoon (if necessary). It's unofficial but I'll take entries for that during the 1v1 tournament and it will start immediately when 1v1 reaches the top-4.

MattNF

Smash Lord
id go if someone paid for my ticket

someone paying for my ticket >>>>>>>>>> paying for my own ticket

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Venue is only $10 for Friday/Saturday if you don't enter one of the main events. Teams entry will be $5 per person (unless people really want it to be $10).

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Sounds good to me actually. So we can switch and transfer with the external. Will help if you already have xsplit installed already. Gotta set everything up quickly.

Actually, the problem is I'm using an allinone desktop. If we don't get an ethernet cable to us, which I don't think we will, this comp won't be able to connect to the internet anyway. But it would be nice to have a stronger computer for the recording anyway, so if I can get my presentation on your computer, we can stream and record on yours, and you can use mine and record matches. What capture device do you have btw?
It's a dazzle dvc100, ill bring the required software for it though quick install/ez. Already got xsplit and if you pm me links I can install and start setting up anything else, maybe thru Skype it would be simpler if there's over 2 more programs beyond xsplit to setup.

Also, youre just streaming ssb on Friday, right?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Waiting for your tourney match is gunna be lame if we don't have much setups. I hope the to's get to use a megaphone or mic considering how many matches there'll be to call out

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
if jaime doesn't take me up on my offer you can have the other couch, homie

actually **** it, there's a recliner next to the two couches downstairs so even if jaime needs the second one you can stay on dat ish.
That'd be perfect, I'm coming in thursday night as well from LaGuardia. I'll PM you soon to get your info. Thanks again cobr.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Decided to come last night!! Just registered and bought plane tickets... Still looking for a place to stay tho, can anyone fit a smasher on their couch or floor for a night or two??
I have not played you in a few years, It's good that your able to make this. Want to MM? best of 5 for $5?

We hit cap again 96 signed up sweet!!!

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Does anyone use Twitter? It'd be neat if you could provide Twitter updates for things that don't happen on stream.

I'd love to read a tweet detailing Battlecow losing against some random Kirby player.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Won't the tournament bracket be posted on Challonge? If so, you should be able to see the bracket updates live as they happen.

LLDL

Smash Hero
We're using tio to do the smash 64 bracket. I'll have a page set up for you guys to look at the updated bracket.

Top Bottom