• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

SheerMadness

Smash Master
So you find one vid where he loses and use that as evidence that's he's not top 8 material?

Can't tell if serious...

The Star King

Smash Hero
^lmao tacos. this is why we're bros

anyways a lot can change in that much time. Hell, I STARTED in 2009. Holy ****, that was ages ago. So if there videos of 2009 me obviously they would be bad. Doesn't mean I'm bad now. You know better than this Battlecow.

Battlecow

Play to Win
lol you guys

it's not that he loses (sheer god damn stay away from smashboards you hurt my brain) obviously, and I shouldn't really be judging off of 2009

BUT this was the OVERALL TOP LEVEL SKILL of brazil's scene in 2009, and they're just not terribly good from what I saw. Lot of fixable mistakes, bad tactics. in three years, a player can go from terrible to top level, but can a scene? IDK Banze could still be awesome. I'm just predicting.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
They're not very good from 2009 videos...

You're ******** battle cattle.

Who else thinks banze's pikachu looks better than battlecow's?

I do. BTW they have newer vids than 2009. They're not very hard to find. Cabelo looks really good from the vids I've seen.

I dunno how you can call anyone out on bad tactics. You lose to me due to the same patterns every single game. I point them out and you never try to correct them.

Battlecow

Play to Win
K enough with the oh-so-clever trash talk

I appreciate it on kaillera

but seriously

and "Cabelo looks really good?" banze's betterrrrrr

still not that good tho

good call on the 2012 vids

didn't know they were up

not revising my prediction further

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Awww sorry If I hurt your feelings with my trash talk. You talk so much trash I figure you have no problem with other people doing it.

I don't think you've watched enough vids. I've watched multiple GF sets of banze/Cabelo and Cabelo wins all of them. He uses multiple different chars while banze only uses Pika. No offense to banze of course, I think he's good too.

Top 8 is gonna be rough for ANYONE to get with the 3 Japanese and jaime/boom/isai. Good luck *****es.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hadn't even seen that one. I know I saw like 3 other ones where Cabelo wins though.

I think all 3 of the Japanese are at least A tier. One or two is probably S tier. I'm sure everyone else hopes you're right tho.

EDIT: I had seen that one actually. But I guess I thought Cabelo was the one who won (I stopped the video after Cabelo stood up and it looked like he won).

The Star King

Smash Hero
wut dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEwOA8tpZtE&list=UUXTLwG-YfIZQzSGkzST0HNg&index=2

banze wins dat one, 3 months ago

using more chars doesn't make you better

I kinda feel like saying the japanese are overrated too (still prolly really good but maybe not on like kefit's level)

might be my PATRIOTISM talking
I feel like Brazil is overrated but the Japanese are not

might be my RACISM talking

no but seriously I think the Japanese are probably at least A tier, IDK about S tier tho

Brazil is maybe like A tier

EVERYONE'S A TIER

Sheer all you do is talk trash, it's getting really tiresome lol

TANK64

Smash Lord
lol battlecow

and lol at SK saying Sheer always talks trash in a conversation containing the CATTLE.

Also super hype for this event. Can't wait to play everyone =)

And also really look forward to meeting everyone irl. I think it's gonna be great.

Especially Ballin', Boom, BCow, and eating a FAT SANDWICH with phox.

Also, this hotel will be that of legends.

Oh, and I've never played Isai lol. Should probably do that...

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I've been too tough on battlecattle lately huh? Didn't know that was possible.

I bet at least one of the Japanese is S tier.

Brazil is more likely to be overrated, since they don't have quite the competitive scene Japan does. Japan's ssb64 scene is unrivaled. I mean they have a 100+ person nationwide console tourney every year. Too good.

That's why I tend to think the Japanese players are going to be A/S tier. But that doesn't mean Brazil wont be better than we think.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean yes the japanese have a scene as big/almost as big as ours

BUT I still believe we're superior

because why? Because you gotta root for your team

But seriously I don't doubt that Kikoushi and Ruoka Dancho are very very good

version stuff might **** em up, I know it would **** me up.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Fixed the frame rate, that was causing it to look slightly laggy. Now it's much better

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Does anyone know what the Japanese player's plans are?

Like when are they coming in and where are they staying?

TANK64

Smash Lord
That interface looks great =)

Also, I can't believe Apex is around the corner.

Imma be in tri-state in 8 days :D

and 90 entrants! HOLY ****! <3

clubbadubba

Smash Master
you telling me my frame by frame analysis of youtube videos is all wrong? My world is shattered

Also Jousuke has to be borderline SS tier at worst. And at least the top 2 guys can go toe to toe with him, so I'm saying at least 2 of japan's are S tier or better.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
First, it's too bad that pools aren't happening. 90 is easy to seed. 6 people per pool (15 pools). top 2 get out. 2 byes for the 2 highest seeds.

you telling me my frame by frame analysis of youtube videos is all wrong? My world is shattered

Also Jousuke has to be borderline SS tier at worst. And at least the top 2 guys can go toe to toe with him, so I'm saying at least 2 of japan's are S tier or better.
What clubba said but a bit more. Imo, Jousuke is in contention for top 3 (or top 5 at lowest) best in the world along with Isai and Boom. If these guys go even with him, it seems that they will probably be S tier (even maybe top of S or SS for Rouka possibly and mid/top of S for Kikoushi) and at worst top of A. The 3rd player (Nangoku maybe) would probably be Mid A or High A at least from the few things I have seen.

Second
Okay, I'm about done. Tell me what you think. Don't worry about the mic volume, I was just sick so was speaking very softly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZhCo8o--YY
Could you post another vid where your mic volume is normal. At this point the game seems rather loud. Great quality though. props.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord

Sure am, I think the normal FPS is actually 29.97 if you're being anal about things

The reasoning probably lies with frames processing, usually the last frame in a second takes the longest to process because the gpu checks that each pixel is in the right place before it goes to the next sec worth of frames....at least I believe so

Too hype for apex!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
My guess, based on videos and tourney results is that Ruoka Dancho and Kikoushi are around Jaime's level. I can't find any Kikoushi vids but he plays Kirby and he got 2nd to Josuke at one of the last couple national Japanese tourneys.

Nangoku is probably a little lower.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
anyone wanna play on Thursday? especially if you can house me for Thursday :)

Cant wait to see what the bracket looks like. Nintendude will it be posted after the 31st on here?

Also MMS i have so far
Battlecow
Han Solo
Banze
Sensei (MM your Link on DL for 5$ Best of 3?)
any more wanna MM? Best of 5 for 5$?
i will MM you if you want

And also really look forward to meeting everyone irl. I think it's gonna be great.
i feel like i'm gonna walk into this place completely unable to hide a gigantic **** eating grin

What clubba said but a bit more. Imo, Jousuke is in contention for top 3 (or top 5 at lowest) best in the world along with Isai and Boom.
Gerson tho

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
anyone wanna play on Thursday? especially if you can house me for Thursday
real talk, you can sleep on my couch if you want, especially considering chris is housing the illinois folk that same day. can make the trip down the block and see them folk, play, etc. just don't rob me.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
anyone wanna play on Thursday? especially if you can house me for Thursday :)
Yea dude come to my place. I could house you that night.

Actually you would be better off staying at cobr's place, my apartment is getting pretty full.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
real talk, you can sleep on my couch if you want, especially considering chris is housing the illinois folk that same day. can make the trip down the block and see them folk, play, etc. just don't rob me.
sounds pretty BEAST. also I wouldn't try to rob anyone while battlecow is in the vicinity. that guy is a ninja.

Yea dude come to my place. I could house you that night.

Actually you would be better off staying at cobr's place, my apartment is getting pretty full.
ok cool thanks for the offer though. will hopefully play you at the tourney

Top Bottom