• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I'm excited that I've registered for Apex and it's already a week from now, but... something came along my way that's causing me to change my mind about attending. Rather disappointing for me to come to this point, considering this is my very first tournament. I really have the desire to come, but I'm not sure what to choose right now.

I'll have a definitive answer before Wednesday.
If you can't play I have a buddy who will buy your spot. Let me know.

So ****ing excited for next weekend!

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm playing SO WELL right now. I'm seriously in the best smash shape of my life. So lucky apex is incoming.

Nintendude: Hyrule-banned MM?

Firo: Hyrule-banned MM?

ballin/tank/other people I really wanna play in serious matches: Hyrule-banned MM? (ballin you can have it on lol but only you)

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Your Up dude! you play pika as well right?

Jel, lets MM to! =]

see you guys at the tourn!
Sweet cant wait to play you.

yeah I play pika

this is gonna be TOO FUN!

ballin MY BAD

but 11 has a harder time making it to the second round in the first place

and the diff btwn 2 and three isn't necesarily that great

I'm just saying >50% of the time 7 gets farther than 11 given that the two are of equal skill and deserve to be in their spot.
Did not know you played pika as well. But then again over half the players will be Pika then Fox then Captain Falcon maybe we will see some Kibbys too :)

MMS I got (need more come on guys)

ballin4life
Hansolo
Banze
Chain-ace
Battlecow
B-rex (waiting on)
Sensei (waiting on)
Nintendude (maybe)
TANK (waiting on)

Anyone wanna DK ditto MM?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
^ Greasing your old ****ty controller wouldn't help anyway. It's only good for preventative maintenance on new/good controllers.

So buy a new one then grease it up, don't be lazy. Trust me it's worth it.

Sensei

Smash Lord
^ Greasing your old ****ty controller wouldn't help anyway. It's only good for preventative maintenance on new/good controllers.

So buy a new one then grease it up, don't be lazy. Trust me it's worth it.
Now I just need to find a new one.

Sensei don't forget our little $20 side wager
I would like my cash in $1 bills in non-sequential order.

Sensei I was trying to get in on that bet too. Up to $25.
Let's talk at APEX.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Hopefully I can lay back and watch the stream while being amazed by the stacked talent and critical of all the mistakes I see.

Hopefully I can get a bunch of snacks and a jersey so it will be like my own personal super bowl.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Let's talk at APEX.
Unfortunately, I can't make it to the tourney. I'll show up Saturday evening/night, so I'd like to just show up and collect my money from you :)

So yea just let me know if you wanna take the bet sometime before Friday. Any amount up to $25. If you place 4th or worse I win, 3rd or better and you win. Just let me know. Oh and even though I got money against you I still hope you do well and stuff, good luck!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
on a random note, MMing people in Tetris Attack...and potentially Smash 64, Peach's Castle only

malva00

Smash Master
Unfortunately, I can't make it to the tourney. I'll show up Saturday evening/night, so I'd like to just show up and collect my money from you :)

So yea just let me know if you wanna take the bet sometime before Friday. Any amount up to $25. If you place 4th or worse I win, 3rd or better and you win. Just let me know. Oh and even though I got money against you I still hope you do well and stuff, good luck!
you bringing THE STAR KING right?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
you bringing THE STAR KING right?
I will if he wants to come, but as always he is SCARED. Isai it looks like if you ever want to play THE KING you will have to come visit the dc maryland virginia area and then me, you, star king, A$, and nintendude can all meet up!

Oh and btw star king, if you are gonna come with you should let me know like thursday or friday. Annnnnd I would need to actually meet your parents, so if they wouldn't be available on Saturday I could stop by Thurs or Fri but you'd have to let me know beforehand.

Why am I even telling you this when you're gonna flake anyway?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Since you're a HS student, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking you to NY without meeting them. Are you even 18 yet? If you aren't then I DEFINITELY have to meet them, or I could potentially get in legal trouble. Like if you didn't tell them you were going it would be kidnapping on my part. And even if you are 18 they are still you're legal guardians I believe since you are a dependent soooooooo yea, I require meeting them.

And even disregarding legal troubles it would be the normal, responsible thing to do. What's the big deal?

The Star King

Smash Hero
1. I am 18.
2. It's not kidnapping even if I wasn't. We already discussed this.

But OK I guess, if I'm actually going

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
if you come, show up with a usb KB so u can play ppl on your controls too

there will be time for laptop matches/teams

bring your online ego too

malva00

Smash Master
what time is a good time for the Japanese (or anyone) to get to the venue on Friday and register?

does check-in close after a certain time?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If singles ends up going too late on Friday, I think I'm going to want to do the crew battle Friday night (if there's time) AND take registration for 2v2 and then 2v2 will be right after singles top-4 on Saturday. Any objections to that? An advantage to this is I'll have more time to properly seed a doubles bracket. I'd still rather start it Friday of course, time-permitting.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
god damnit i'm trying to look up transporting a minor without parental consent legal issues but its all about consensual underage sex and getting abortions and stuff. Nothing ANYWHERE about taking minors to out of state video game tournaments, wtf right?

I suppose I'm not forcing/deceiving you so its okay. Unless I HAVE to force you to come, which I will. Then I will meet your parents, get there permission, and drag you to apex unwillingly.

Battlecow

Play to Win
lol if he's 18 you're allowed to give him a ride

I'm all for guarding against weird pedophile rapists but seriously that ish should end when you're 16 if you're a dude

SK I promise I won't beat you up

clubba remember to grab ma $ for me thanx dude

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i dunno I'm just not comfortable giving a high schooler a ride without getting the okay from their parents first. If SK were to just sneak out and I gave him a ride, that could potentially bring up some issues for my coaching position. You guys don't understand the parnoidness of fairfax county.

Also, I'll bring whatever $ is given to me.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Gracias

and yeah I gotcha I was more lamenting the paranoid nature of society than your unwillingness to risk your job over sk's ride (of course)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
you worry too little STAR KING. You might get hit by a bus today.

Also, I don't know you well enough to take you at your word that you aren't sneaking out lol

clubbadubba

Smash Master
As a coach, I'm literally not supposed to be alone with one of MY players (crazy right?). I can't decide if being alone with a random Fairfax Country student is viewed as better or worse by the county.

Top Bottom