• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

clubbadubba

Smash Master
well it was schedule to start like 15 minutes ago, which means it won't start for another 15 minutes, so no lol.

I'll be out of commision until from 4pm-10pm Eastern time, so don't expect much news from me.

KMaD64

Smash Rookie
Hey thanks man, managed to stay in because my opponent is playing every game in Apex haha.

:phone:

sman865

Smash Apprentice
Anybody have SSB stream links? I would love you long time if so.

Since CT is currently Brawl Doubles, 8WR is Melee Doubles, and Bifuteki is...I'm not totally sure.

Olikus

Smash Champion
stream got cancelled. It will be recorded and up on youtube though. Hopefully asap.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I heard Kefit vs. Sheermadness over the Melee stream.

edit: that seems unlikely, iono maybe I missheard. Maybe Sensei vs. Sheermadness? Kefit versus someone who sounds like sheermadness?

Someone at the tournament needs to give us an update.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody just posting some updates:

Top four playing tomorrow is:

Winners finals

Isai
Kikoushi (kirby)

Losers finals

Superboom (falcon/pikachu)
Rouka dancho (falcon/luigi)

5th sensei (pikachu/fox)
5th jaimehr (samus/falcon/fox)
7th kefit (pikachu)
7th nangoku (ness)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
wait jerry i thought 5-8 were going to be tiebreakers to determine 6th/8th?

also damn i had a crazy amount of fun today. got to meet ballin and battlecow and tank and jimmyjoe and dark link and a bunch of other cool dudes. wonderful

KMaD64

Smash Rookie
Guys thanks for a great experience. I'll try and get better despite law school and make a better showing next year but I'm glad I met some great people. Jerry, thanks for driving and generally introducing me to Peeps. Brex, thanks for letting me get a warm up round. And Chris, thanks for playing with me till 5 am. Oh and han solo, I hope you won some money. This is an awesome community that I'm glad I got to experience.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Wow this was alot of fun. I have alot of work to do as I recorded alot. Look for alot of matches to be posted to my youtube and Isais youtube soon.

LLDL

Smash Hero
After hours of trying, it looks like there is nothing I can do about this.

All matches that were scheduled to be recorded on my setup were recorded, and with great quality. However halfway through the tournament someone moved my mixer and one of the audio cables got loosened, or x-split is a ****ty program, because sound was working fine earlier. Either one of those resulted in most of the matches having no sound.

I am very, very upset. I am sorry for battlecow and ballin4life who wasted a lot of essential time at my setup commentating, and it was GREAT commentary. :( I've learned my lesson. Originally, I wanted to split the signal out to someone else's recording device to have backup. This is why I normally record splitting game and mic sound to two different sources. I'm so sorry guys. I don't believe there's anything I can do. That being said, every match played on the setup was recorded and the video itself is just fine and they will all go up soon, and the top 4 was played on the main stage and knitephox and jel also recorded videos which should be fine too =)

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Damn that really sucks. I don't really care that much though cause I just want to see the smash.

Battlecow/Ballin4life/other could add commentary to it in post-production if you felt

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
That's unfortunate. I really like the trend that smash videos are going towards of being commentated but, as Yobo said, that can be added if people really want to.

Nothing to apologize for. I'm grateful for your hard work in even recording the matches in the first place. I'm just sitting here at home while you are putting all this effort into strengthening the community with vids

rustyw

Smash Cadet
That's unfortunate. I really like the trend that smash videos are going towards of being commentated but, as Yobo said, that can be added if people really want to.

Nothing to apologize for. I'm grateful for your hard work in even recording the matches in the first place. I'm just sitting here at home while you are putting all this effort into strengthening the community with vids
Agreed. Sucks to hear about it, but mistakes happen. Thanks for doing this.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Too bad about losing the commentarey, that would be cool. But the worst is actually that theres no sound at all. Whatching a mute fight kills allot of the hype for me. But dont sweat it chan-ace. You have done allot for the community at this event and we all understand you did a mistake, which everyone could have done. Hopefully many matches got recorded, not only the late bracket matches =)

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I was unable to record ANYTHING this year, laptop BOMBED on the drive to epix. ****ing sad day. I tried ridiculously hard to revive it to no avail, and I know about comps but i just got rustled hard

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Well that sucks, though I guess it makes me feel a bit better about my matches with Sensei and Nangoku not getting commentary lol.

At what point in the bracket does the commentary go poof?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Kikoushi left his sword at apex. We pulled his sword out of the sheath and there were bloodstains on it. Then it immediately shattered at the hilt as a result of unpure smashers even thinking they could touch it. Rookie mistake.
Seriously though he did leave it and someone sat on it or something so it broke lol

If you want to see the isai vs boomfan 12 char, watch the one from last year, it was about the same. But damn that yoshi put up an amazing fight.

Damn I was really looking forward to commentary since I missed the finals stream and all. Is any commentary left? Oh Well I guess I can just listen to Tay tay while watching now. Not so bad!

Oh and driving home after the 2 hours of sleep and being hungry and dehydrated was not a good idea lol. I was seeing things on the way home.... I thought I saw a picture of the incredible hulk on a road sign until I did a double take. Brake lights in the distance looked like combat(red) kirby, and one time 2 cars were next to a truck and I though it was 4 kirbys surrounds by a giant yoshi, until I snapped out of it. I also thought I was driving next to that giant train monster car from speed racer at one point. I'm not even joking, I was kinda day dreaming and not thinking straight so weird things were happening lol. Should probably have slept at the venue on Sunday. Shoutouts to come later

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Really fun tourney. Nice meeting all of you in person. Only problem was I couldn't take a dump all weekend, that's like the longest I've ever had that happen. I was kinda worried by sunday lol. Sorry if too much info. At the airport now but more later when I get home.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sucks about the commentary

IDK about adding it in post-prod, you can't get hype over matches you've already seen and some of those were HYPE. I hope at least like Firo-Sensei didn't go away

Tank and ballin both had some priceless one-liners that should not be lost to history

Thanks to everyone who liked me on the mic and shout-outs to ricky for being the one dude who has a shot at me (not to get too graphic, but some of his now-extinct combos caused me to make youtube comments regarding our future together that I do NOT regret). Yes, I'm hella cute. No, I do not iron my clothes I'm in college and I'm not TANK.

Much much more to say but I'll wait for the shout-outs thread if there is one.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Really fun tourney. Nice meeting all of you in person. Only problem was I couldn't take a dump all weekend, that's like the longest I've ever had that happen. I was kinda worried by sunday lol. Sorry if too much info. At the airport now but more later when I get home.
GGS :awesome:

Top Bottom