• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

TANK64

Smash Lord
So much hype @ Banze and company.

On a side note though, I'm gonna be staying in Bayonne as a backup and also on like Thurs/Sun, but I would like to stay with some smashers on Fri/Sat lol.

Who wants to sleep with TANK?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'll money match everyone. Boom last though. My plan is to take everyone elses money before I lose some of it. :)

Who knows if I go though.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
if the other controller is as good as it seems it is, I'll probably also (Yoshi vs Fox I guess if I am good or Falcon vs Fox if it isn't)

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
jimmy joooooe! if you have as much room as last time, you should organize some housing, BRO. it was a BLAST.
[we{me} can actually cook some breakfast or dinner this time; cheap, good food for many]

i think i owe you a few $$ and some chicago pizza, both are ezpz to do

also a huge thanks to clubba jimmy joe and megavolt @ apex 2012 for driving everyone around last year

especially megavolt for driving me to the airport and housing a decent group of us(5-6?) for some after apex smash STREAMing
(aside from my first stream ever, it was done via a neighbors Wi-Fi...LOL)

so hype for this event!
still have not registered...

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Thinking about just getting us a little hotel room in Rutgers for the event..
I was at Rutgers today btw cause the bar I work at is opening a location there and i was training new employees.. brought back apex memories :)

:phone:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Alex Strife has done an excellent job responding to the community's concerns and I hope that everyone understands why there is a cap. I fully support all of his decisions regarding the organization behind 64 and I guarantee that we will deliver a quality event.

The Star King

Smash Hero
@JimmyJoe IDK but realistically there is a pretty good chance I won't go. Who knows. But even if I don't, on the bright side it'll probably be the last year I don't go because it's my last year in high school and stuff.

Also clubba maybe not going kind of hurts.

If I go IDK if I'll MM much people unless they're someone super free like Sheer, because controller makes me really unconfident, probably more than it should lol. But on the other hand if my going was confirmed hopefully I would TRAIN UP and be more confident.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
@JimmyJoe IDK but realistically there is a pretty good chance I won't go. Who knows. But even if I don't, on the bright side it'll probably be the last year I don't go because it's my last year in high school and stuff.

Also clubba maybe not going kind of hurts.

If I go IDK if I'll MM much people unless they're someone super free like Sheer, because controller makes me really unconfident, probably more than it should lol. But on the other hand if my going was confirmed hopefully I would TRAIN UP and be more confident.
If you can't make it up for the tourny because of school, I could drive us up for the short weekend friendlies I mentioned if ur up for that.

:phone:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
So, this just came to me.

If 64 singles ends on Friday, why don't we just throw another unofficial tourney on Saturday?

I'd pay $5 to play 4 games against you.
this is exactly how the teams tournament was ran at apex 2012, id wager we get more entrants for teams this time

kys

Smash Ace
Wow, just noticed Smash 64 is the only game not to get a pot bonus (besides pokemon, but that doesn't count). /disrespect

Nice to see Kero is still lurking around.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I know. It's reasonable, and all, because other games have sponsors and stuff, but still... everyone else gets a pot bonus, we get a player cap. /depressed.

kys

Smash Ace
Alex, dude, if you take every negative post about Apex as a personal attack you're going to give yourself a heart attack.

I get that it's all about the sponsors. No worries, man. We appreciate what you're doing.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sounds like 2nd place prize money is up for grabs now.

More reason to go.

Lol no offense boom.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Boom, tell the department head that you have a job interview lined up that has a NDA. Request to take the exam earlier or whatnot.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
dood just show him proof of being the world grand master ultimate champion of Apex 2012 ssb64 and your Genesis 2 trophy

B Link

Smash Lord
^

boom talking to prof: *looking down, slightly depressed*...I...*puts on sunglasses and walks away into the distance*

*pauses and turns head slightly back towards professor*...have to defend my title as world champ...

*sprints away to catch the next plane to new jersey*

prof looks on in sheer amazement

camera slowly zooms out

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
want to say teh ocremix album is coming along great..

heard the first track...its the official song of smash 64...its kinda amazing

that is all.

Top Bottom