• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We are not promoting emulation or any mod or hacks due to sponsors we have but we want to make the event run well. Btw I'd suggest making an equipment thread fyi

:phone:

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Emulation, roms, and online play are perfectly legal. Distributing a rom is not.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
If I am telling you that cause of sponsors I cannot mention emulators you really think I am going to argue with sponsors who give me money/product?

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
But won't project M be considered a mod, i mean your hosting a side tourney of it there. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful that your willing to remove the cap even though I wasn't planning on going to Apex anyways ^ ^" , and I'm not really trying to convince or persuade you to promote emulation, but I'm just confused....if Project M isn't considered a mod, then what is it? :\

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am NOT giving project m a side tournament only a booth which is legal. PM is a Mod and I cannot legally endorse it...all I can do is give ppl a place to showcase it like a booth and that is it.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Project M will be featuring a special INVITE-ONLY tournament at Apex 2013 and maybe more! More info to come!
Well this is what I saw on the Apex 2013 listing OP, so I thought a little side tourney was being hosted for da special people. Well thanks for clearing that up. lol

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
PM is doing their own thing but I cannot endorse it ...i had to convince sponsors that it was something special and not a tournament game just to have it.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Thanks Alex for looking in to it.

Guess we got to hit cap and see where it goes from there. Confirmed Entrants is now at 16.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
We are not promoting emulation or any mod or hacks due to sponsors we have but we want to make the event run well. Btw I'd suggest making an equipment thread fyi

So we need to change the sponsors mind without letting them know it was our idea. Sounds like a job for Leonardo DiCaprio!

And if not we can spam the stream chat with links to the index thread

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
There should be an online vs offline crew battle at apex, lol or maybe a US vs World Crews

Also, would it just be finals/grand finals (or just grand) streamed? No Semi's? If it is just the grand finals, then that is kinda not worth the privilege to play on the main stage than allow another possibly 20 people extra. (especially if Banze or Japan could potentially show up)

Especially if there is a 10 dollar entry fee instead of 5 as more people means more people can be given prizes instead of just the top 3/4. On another note

OCremix and Screwattack
Nice to see that members of SA/OCR are going. They tend to like Retro games more (good for the n64 game anyway)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
club idk if you are joking or not...but kinda wanna keep these sponsors...if you promote it in chat and spam people will be removed from said chat..

I cannot believe you would risk so much just to promote an emulation.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Sorry but you guys are trying a little too hard to promote emulation/hacks/roms/whatever.

In the end...that kinda shows me a lot about everyone.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I cannot believe you would risk so much just to promote an emulation.
Emulation kind of is the competitive 64 scene. That's not that much of an overstatement.

That said, yeah, obviously you're right and we gotta stay within prescribed legal limits for apex. Linking the index couldn't do any harm though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i hope you realise the wii has in-built N64 emulation, and what's linked in the index is basically a PC-format of what nintendo's already using

please don't try to write the community off as trying to jeopardise your sponsorships, nobody here wants APEX to flop and we just want to see more people playing smash 64

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I can say "play on teh wii" but the standard is "64" and also mention a few things but I just see a growing trend, not with you guys, but many smashers.

They do not care about wat I am doign ot help the community nor do they want to care...they want what they want...they do not realize things are moving in a more positive direction they care about X Y Z. Honestly I am at a point where I just do not care anymore after this. I kinda do not want to get into it and I am sorry but people have shown me what little regard they have for the future and how they only care about themselves.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Guys we need to stop stressing Alex, he's doing the best he could, and is willing to help our community. He already gave us the opportunity to remove the cap so plz..be a lil grateful...We're kinda asking for too much.

And I hope we all know we can always host a online tournament that doesn't have to be associated with Apex. Then again....I remember 64's online tournaments in the past wasn't a big success.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can say "play on teh wii" but the standard is "64" and also mention a few things but I just see a growing trend, not with you guys, but many smashers.

They do not care about wat I am doign ot help the community nor do they want to care...they want what they want...they do not realize things are moving in a more positive direction they care about X Y Z. Honestly I am at a point where I just do not care anymore after this. I kinda do not want to get into it and I am sorry but people have shown me what little regard they have for the future and how they only care about themselves.
Dude, you sound so sad right now I really wanna offer you a blanket and some cocoa. Everyone loves you and we're grateful for your awesome tournament. But it's not that unreasonable of us to offer some suggestions on the way we think apex could be made into the best tournament possible, speaking, as we do, from a position of knowledge about 64. You really sound like you think we're all screaming at you that you suck or something, but all we're doing is sitting in a circle and calmly discussing which of the two lovely options you're offering us we would benefit more from.

You should let Han hug you. He's very cuddly.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
What up nerds. I Haven't been around much but I'm definitely gonna be at this.. w/ like 4 TVs n ****. And one day before apex 2013 I'llupload a **** ton of videos from last year.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I forgot the exact amount but how many did 64 have last year for their setups?

I want to do some math.

The Star King

Smash Hero
@Battlecow - Judging by the clip he posted Han Solo wants to do more than hug

What up nerds. I Haven't been around much but I'm definitely gonna be at this.. w/ like 4 TVs n ****. And one day before apex 2013 I'llupload a **** ton of videos from last year.

Welcome back. Knitephox should upload around the same time (sup clubba :troll:)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I want to do some math.
Try the integral of e^(-x^2)dx from -inf to inf, its a fun one!

But if you only wanted to know how many setups for 64 then: jimmyjoe crew had 3-4 setups, sensei brought 1. I believe we had a few more, but we probably brought around 6 or 7 for pure 64 during friendlies after the tourny. If you were asking how many we used in tourny then nintendude/chain ace probably know best.

And yea was joking about spamming chat. Though bcow is right, the 64 scene is online, other than that we all have our 'local' scenes, but we only get together in person once a year (at apex) if we're lucky. For OUR community it would be ideal to get new players online instead of on console. Obviously if promoting it at apex is not possible then we will have to find another way to do that. Our 1 small community cannot trump the larger community as a whole, and I think we all understand and respect that. But linking the smash index thread we have should be fine right? Its been made legal enough for smashboards liking, after all.

Edit: 1) god damnit knitephox said he was gonna work on vids like 2 months ago!

2)jimmyjoeeeeeeeeeeeee! Unfortunately I doubt I can make it this year :(

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well I want to get 8 setups for 64.

As far as promoting I think promoting the index ( the main section i think you mean ) is fine.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
@alex: I can probably get like 6 TVs.. just need people's consoles.

@Clubba: Do you have a wedding or something?? How could you know so far in advance you can't make it!? Whatever you have, drop it man!! Apex comes but once a year

SK, you gonna make it this year?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
damn uh...if you do that would be awesome.

Systems I am sure this community can do. I can brign like...one or 2 maybe myself systems that is.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
@alex: I can probably get like 6 TVs.. just need people's consoles.

@Clubba: Do you have a wedding or something?? How could you know so far in advance you can't make it!? Whatever you have, drop it man!! Apex comes but once a year

SK, you gonna make it this year?
Dude I'm head coachin JV basketball, so I'll have to run practice that Saturday. Only possibility is to drive down like midday Saturday and stay til Sunday night and get some friendlies in. I'm thinkin about it believe me. But tourny is a no go for sure.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Strife said the tourney would be all friday. you couldn't drive back friday night and still coach on the morrow?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord

Welcome back man. It should be alot of fun this time a round. Only thing now is I just got moved up to full time at my job so getting time off for this is going to be hard but I will do my best.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Strife said the tourney would be all friday. you couldn't drive back friday night and still coach on the morrow?
friday day: work

friday night: basketball game

saturday morning/midday: basketball practice

@jimmyjoe, thanks man! I'll keep that in mind. Now I really want to go just for that few days lol.

banze

Smash Journeyman
hey! sup guys!

I've searched for plane tickets and it is really salt!
Im thinking about using the miles I have storage for some time!

let you know!
In case I'm going, another 64 players is already confirmed. his name is Oxolane! He is pretty good as well!!

see ya

Top Bottom