• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ones in FL do :p (and that's a lot)

Yea.

Well, well not just FL.

Yea, I'm gonna have to go with you're wrong on this one lol.

I was going to make a side note that 64 players probably have the highest number of dedicated "exclusive players" by percent but didn't think it was necessary >__>

Also, you came in on the online train, and I'm guessing that most of them are the dedicated smashers that you mean. Maybe 'cause they usually don't go to tournaments? ( yes, I know you do). Young gen probably didn't grow up with the old school fighters that started before smash, so I think that's pretty influential also.

Not that I play video games. I think I can vouch for other older peeps when I say I don't have time to play a bunch of games due to school/work/social life, so I've slowly filtered out virtually every game (even Melee) except 64.

Who has time to play all fighting games and smash games?

High-schoolers?
Dude, I know what I'm talking about. Maybe in FL they do, but I know a LOT of melee players and a handful of IRL 64 players, and only maybe 2-3 of them play any other fighting games competitively. I think you've got experience with a different crowd in Orlando than I come across in C-U/At big MW tourneys.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Dude, I know what I'm talking about. Maybe in FL they do, but I know a LOT of melee players and a handful of IRL 64 players, and only maybe 2-3 of them play any other fighting games competitively. I think you've got experience with a different crowd in Orlando than I come across in C-U/At big MW tourneys.
By competitive, I mean at a competitive level. For example, I play Melee (and Brawl) at a competitive level, but won't be competing in Melee at Apex. I'd imagine other peeps can say the same about SF and Marvel (also, I think due to scheduling, it would be almost impossible to play even most games).

@B Link, I also hope everyone has their PRIORITIES straight.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I was the first entrant. Muahaha.

Hopefully this year I won't forget my controller.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Looks like the cap will be staying at 64 entrants. Nothing I can really do about it.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^I wish I could like this post lol.

Welp, hopefully the good peeps register before nubs fill the bracket, *sigh*.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Think if more players wanna sign up if we get the cap we can make are own bracket and have someone take the money from the players and add it to the pot at the end. It cant be that hard. Still its sad that they have a cap for a game when we have players who fly to this just to play this game.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm thinking about buying a spot in the hopes that I can come and then selling it if I have to flake

LLDL

Smash Hero
I know there are some keyboard only players like koro. I don't know if it will be any help, but I have one of these.

Feel free to ask me for it at the event.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I will be registering today some time. Boom, sorry I had to go the other day. Send me a PM if you want to discuss stuff about the tournament.

Also, if there actually is an overwhelming demand for 64 (as in like >80 people), I will talk to Strife about possibly increasing the cap.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I know there are some keyboard only players like koro. I don't know if it will be any help, but I have one of these.

Feel free to ask me for it at the event.
This looks pretty cool, I might try this instead. Otherwise, it's claw time. :awesome: and below 10th place time :urg:

On another note, I am not registering until MUCH later, not sure if I am going

prisonchild

Smash Ace
new plan for getting some international players - tell them to win either brawl or melee singles, that should cover the cost of their flight (otori made over four grand for winning both brawl singles and doubles last year).

TANK64

Smash Lord
I don't know how may times I've said it but that "arcade stick" is HORRIBLE for SSB >____> .

But hey, keyboard players are weirdos so whatever...

LLDL

Smash Hero
Nah tank if you use fox, the stick is useful. SHDL is a breeze, jump cancel shines....ezpz, makes everything easy except z canceling, but once you get used to that, it is ideal.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
can ppl do advancing bair or retreating fair on kb...?

who's the master race now?

EDIT:

[COLLAPSE="..."]:troll:[/COLLAPSE]

asianaussie

Smash Hero
buffering left/right doesn't work, results in a walk and isn't overridden by the opposite direction (iirc)

the closest you can get is a forward b-air with a frame of slowed momentum, or something

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah, and you can't have perfect forward/back momentum on controller either, and I actually think it's easier on keyboard because you don't have to move a stick "from" one side to another, so I have no idea what NoobPhox was getting at

Morin0

Smash Lord
I like the edit. Ignorant comment turned into "lol, I was just trolling"

XD

Which is harder to perform: what KnitePhox said, or shield drop up-air?
:phone:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
it wasn't ignorant morino; i was thinking about how when you use kb u don't have access to slight joystick movements(right?) and it shows if you try both movements on kb and controller

(I THINK) in regards to retreating fair: advantage is slight forward movement (controller) for the arial as opposed to FULL forward movement(kb)

makes sense to me unless u tool-less TAS
LOL
on command

im ain fully learnt but i isnt ignint

Again only assuming, but i think it's about the same.
im thinking about how in smash a lot of your thumb conditioning has to do with horizontal movement

ergo, platdrop uair is harder, only cuz all the time spent NOT going down then up on joystick, unless you are some kind of anomaly that stick hopped for 51+% of your entire smash career

The Star King

Smash Hero
You can do slight aerial movement on keyboard with taps. Also this is unrelated to what you were talking about beforehand. You were ignorant sorry bro :troll:

Top Bottom