• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
song is not anywhere on the internet so good luck trying you all will have to go to apex to get hte album XD

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'm bringing a set up of console+game btwwww.

and [J] version
everyone should bring their gameshark[here after reffered to as gs] 3.3's (maybe even 3.0,3.1, and 3.2's to get upgraded to 3.3 by me...going to do lots of research on it first, but it seems VERY promising/simple) so i can give anyone's gs all the ssb codes on my gs....there are SOOO many i have now, and all the cool codes (camera control, invisible stages/objects, and customed taunts/character select screen) work, its awesome. no printer port required as well.
uploading codes to 1 gs and transferring to another is EXTREMELY EASY with a N64 memcard. no pc required.

ill also bring j version and an overclocked n64 for teams and possibly a painted n64

so PUMPED

NOT REGISTERED YET THOUGH ROFL

LLDL

Smash Hero
Can your overclocked 64 play majora's mask without any slowdowns in clock town :0

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
just registered..probably not processed till a bit later in the day..??

ooooooookay pretty sure I can make friday now
nice, even though it seems like a thinly veiled "maybe"

I prolly can't make it. First week of the quarter, I really don't think I can miss class.
what a seemingly poor excuse, try to go! sucks if you can't; solo and i will have to rep IL

EDIT: JAIME, u still need someone to get your ticket cuz of dumb google wallet?

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah we'll see if I can't structure my winter quarter schedule around not having classes on fridays.

M!nt

Smash Champion
your school is weird

usually the first week isn't even counted because of all the class switches and stuff

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hm.

Well TBH if you want we can do a letter making it sound like a personal invite to attend Apex. I did that with seeveral japanese players and it helped 9b get off work.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
some teachers have participation as part of your grade but they can't force you to come to class by threatening to disenroll you...
that's an unusual policy. Uni's often use dis-enrollment policies like the one bcow is describing for classes that are in high demand so that scumbag's who don't even show up to class don't take the spots away from people who will. I doubt what bcow's describing is for ALL of his classes, probably just one very popular class (and if it is all of them, then yea that's stupid).

^^also lol thats awesome alex

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Rule #1 of Higher Education: If you can't get an A in the college course you are taking by just showing to the exams and getting an A on the exams, then the class you are taking is Bull****.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
The easiest solution is to take graduate and PhD level STEM courses, the majority of which are not Bull****.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
That would be pretty lame if I somehow end up going and battle cattle isn't there to give me his money...

Battlecow

Play to Win
I just gotta sign up for a bunch of tuesday-thursday classes so that my fridays are free->I can go up thursday without missing class and be there for the tourney on friday. Three-day weekends will be swag anyways.

Thanks for the offer alex but they're pretty strict about their policies; I doubt any invitation is going to give 'em cause to make an exception. THAT SAID, I'm not gonna miss apex. Just not happening.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
wat

no attendance requirement? Like at all?
attendance requirements are maybe needed for high school but in college they should trust that everyone has their own **** together ... no need for bull**** attendance requirements

Hm.

Well TBH if you want we can do a letter making it sound like a personal invite to attend Apex. I did that with seeveral japanese players and it helped 9b get off work.
what a boss

Rule #1 of Higher Education: If you can't get an A in the college course you are taking by just showing to the exams and getting an A on the exams, then the class you are taking is Bull****.
The easiest solution is to take graduate and PhD level STEM courses, the majority of which are not Bull****.
wait, you've never encountered a class with problem sets? problem sets have been a staple of every STEM course I've ever taken.

I just gotta sign up for a bunch of tuesday-thursday classes so that my fridays are free->I can go up thursday without missing class and be there for the tourney on friday. Three-day weekends will be swag anyways.

Thanks for the offer alex but they're pretty strict about their policies; I doubt any invitation is going to give 'em cause to make an exception. THAT SAID, I'm not gonna miss apex. Just not happening.
maybe i just didn't go to a big enough school, but is there no channel for getting around these requirements? like you can't just go tell the prof/administrators "hey I have to miss just this one day, please don't kick me out of the class"?

Battlecow

Play to Win
maybe i just didn't go to a big enough school, but is there no channel for getting around these requirements? like you can't just go tell the prof/administrators "hey I have to miss just this one day, please don't kick me out of the class"?
Aren't stanford and uchicago the same size?

Maybe I could ask a professor, worth a try. I could say it was a family thing or whatever.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I didn't really check any numbers or anything. I just envision those sorts of issues occurring at larger schools. The more people you have the more that you have to have rigid rules because no one has time to deal with all the students personally. Even at Stanford those *******s in the Econ department were always super strict with enforcing prerequisite classes and stuff (Econ is one of the biggest departments). I'd assume that if you are one of the 5 people majoring in Medieval Literature or something then you can get away with murder since everyone in the department knows you personally.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Maybe

they want 2 quarters of a second level language

which for me probably means wasting a solid 5/42 of my entire undergraduate career on something I have no interest whatsoever in learning

but IDK what else I'd do

Top Bottom