• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I guess. Although, I think it'd be silly to not raise the cap if we get 64 players registered a month before registration ends.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean, silly from our perspective, but then, not raising the cap whenever we hit it is pretty silly from our perspective. Alex has a really big tourney to run here and we're not necessarily the first priority, nor should we be given the size and scheduling difficulties of melee and brawl.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think they just want to play more tournament matches. I will see what can be done if we reach our cap. I will go from there basically.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Plus some people would be playing melee (and even brawl for the hell of it) on saturday and sunday.

Well I would. Sounds like I would be in the minority though.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Sooo..
I'll have one console setup, and probably bringing 4-6 CRT TVs if we need em.
And...
I may be able to get a decent discount on hotel rooms in New Brunswick thanks to my restaurant connection out there. I know a lot of you have expensive flights here or are still students(aka you're broke), so I'm definitely gonna get one hotel room and Anyone who stayed with me last year, or i know you from last year, can get first priority to crash with me. If anyone wants to chip in for the price of the room they can have the second bed!
Also if we need to get a second room I could still probably get the discount for people..
So who even needs/wants housing??

Also: I'm thinking I would get the room for Friday and Saturday nights, and possibly Sunday if people are flying out monday.:phone:

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Cool I'm gonna talk to my boss about room discount thingy today, I'll find out more details for you Tank.
Boom you can obviously crash with me for the weekend, but I'll be Bartending in Manhattan Thurs night till like 4am so I don't know how I would get you.. maybe somebody could pick u up and house u Thurs, then u guys could stay in the hotel till Mon.

:phone:
Could be really fun to get a good crew in these rooms!
Clubba + SK + A$?
KnitePhox?
Jaime + RBN?
battle cow + Gio(lol)?
Sensei
Megavolt?(if u aren't still in New Brunswick)
Isai?
Kefit + Jel?
Firm + Owna?
Hamburglar?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if you guys want. I can reserve a suit at the hotel we are using at the main one. it is currently 170 a night or so but if jimmyjoe can use his discount that could work also. And you can have 8-10 people there a night :D

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
8-10 huh??
That might work better.
I can get rooms for $100 a night, but I'm not sure about the size. I'll hit you up for your room deal if the ones I can get dont have room for atleast 5.

The Star King

Smash Hero
all three of clubba + A$ + SK would be the stuff of miracles

I lol'd at pairing Battlecow + Gio

Battlecow

Play to Win
me and the IL crew already got in on some SUPER SECRET housing

so we don't need in on the jimmyjoe discount

thanks bro tho

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
If there's sufficient room with jj's setup i'd prefer to be with all the 64people than just a few

Damn unk/matts/SMASHER better not miss this

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
I get there thursday night and leave monday

HELPPPP

/student
I can house you if you like. I have an on campus apartment really close to the venue. Im currently planning on housing the illinois crew, but I still have some floor space left if you're looking for a place to stay.

Unfortunately, thats about all I can hold. Unless Knitephox elects to stay elsewhere, which is perfectly understandable.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Cool I'm gonna talk to my boss about room discount thingy today, I'll find out more details for you Tank.
Boom you can obviously crash with me for the weekend, but I'll be Bartending in Manhattan Thurs night till like 4am so I don't know how I would get you.. maybe somebody could pick u up and house u Thurs, then u guys could stay in the hotel till Mon.

Could be really fun to get a good crew in these rooms!
Clubba + SK + A$?
KnitePhox?
Jaime + RBN?
battle cow + Gio(lol)?
Sensei
Megavolt?(if u aren't still in New Brunswick)
Isai?
Kefit + Jel?
Firm + Owna?
Hamburglar?
8-10 huh??
That might work better.
I can get rooms for $100 a night, but I'm not sure about the size. I'll hit you up for your room deal if the ones I can get dont have room for atleast 5.

Anytype of Deals for Hotels would really help me and Keft out here. If your able to get a discount on rooms let us know by pm. Also if we go looks like we would fly in to LGA and also will be needing a driver again and hoping maybe you could help :) but ya me and Keft would love to join in at a smash hotel to go and play at but then go back to are hotel to sleep :)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I can house you if you like. I have an on campus apartment really close to the venue. Im currently planning on housing the illinois crew, but I still have some floor space left if you're looking for a place to stay.

Unfortunately, thats about all I can hold. Unless Knitephox elects to stay elsewhere, which is perfectly understandable.
I'm down for thursday night to stay at your crib.

I kinda need like...directions or help or something to get to your place though.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for thursday night to stay at your crib.

I kinda need like...directions or help or something to get to your place though.
sure, I'll send you the information you need when you need it. New Brunswick isn't too tough.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
damn i reallllly wanna go down for the short weekend now. If I did, I would only need a place Saturday night. If there was a big 64 hotel room I'd wanna crash in that for sure. I would definitely pay my way too.

Oh and to everyone who is trying to make the tourney super long... eh. Starting earlier to get some qualifying matches is one thing, but going into Saturday? My favorite part of Apex last year was by far the friendlies. During the tournament most of what you do is sit around just waiting, not able to play much because all of the tv's are being used. Give me more friendlies and maybe a smaller teams tourney where everybody is always playing over a large singles tourney that excludes too many people at a time. Post tourney is the true greatness of Apex. All the other brawl/melee players are gone, and its just pure 64. BEST.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Dude tourney matches >>>>>money matches>>>>>>>friendlies

I mean friendlies are cool but tournies are tournies

prisonchild

Smash Ace
im gonna look at flight prices and see if its in the same range as before. if i can get that (around $300 round flight) and sort out some housing i think i will seriously consider going... somebody has to come last after all, might as well be me.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Dude tourney matches >>>>>money matches>>>>>>>friendlies

I mean friendlies are cool but tournies are tournies
Yes on a per match basis. No on a per time basis. 1 hour waiting to play 3 games against a brawl scrub vs 1 hour of nonstop action against some of the best in the world? Trust me apex is all about the post tourny

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Yes on a per match basis. No on a per time basis. 1 hour waiting to play 3 games against a brawl scrub vs 1 hour of nonstop action against some of the best in the world? Trust me apex is all about the post tourny

I can attest to that.

So I just stayed in the Hyatt regency in New Brunswick last night and the $100 room deal I can get has two double beds and a pretty decent amount of floor space(like atleast room for four). Alex, what is the setup of the suite you were talking about, and which hotel?

TANK64

Smash Lord
damn i reallllly wanna go down for the short weekend now. If I did, I would only need a place Saturday night. If there was a big 64 hotel room I'd wanna crash in that for sure. I would definitely pay my way too.

Oh and to everyone who is trying to make the tourney super long... eh. Starting earlier to get some qualifying matches is one thing, but going into Saturday? My favorite part of Apex last year was by far the friendlies. During the tournament most of what you do is sit around just waiting, not able to play much because all of the tv's are being used. Give me more friendlies and maybe a smaller teams tourney where everybody is always playing over a large singles tourney that excludes too many people at a time. Post tourney is the true greatness of Apex. All the other brawl/melee players are gone, and its just pure 64. BEST.

Clubba, Y U so smart <3 . Guess your sig really is true :) .

@JJ, I would Def be interested in that deal. Is it cool if I pm you closer to the event or is there a sense of urgency?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
100$ a night rooms? daaaaaaaamn nice. could you possibly get the final prices before 12/21/12?
gunna do small math here..if tax+fee prices are wildy high for 100$ per night, say 40$ thats 140x3nights=420$/like 6(?)people=70$per person for 3 nights, and it only gets cheaper if we somehow manage more than 6; if instead we get that sweet suite with jj's discount...oh lawd. 10 SSB64 peeps and if the suite has a cooking area....GG cheap food (BESIDES FAT SANWICHES[FAT *****, FAT BLUNT, FAT FILLIPINO])
also, doesn't seem too bad to walk 13-17mins to/from hotel if the weather permits(if not...1 to 3 trips in packed cars? still not bad)

whatever the housing situation, there should be plenty of smash to go around all weekend

im strongly of the same opinion

**** i use a lot of parentheses, haha

EDIT: a small flavor of FAT SANDWICH variations from nj for those uninformed http://www.ruhungrynj.net/menu.html

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
No urgency, PM me whenever, and I guess that goes for anyone looking to get in on this gang/squad/clan/crew of awesomness- just PM me at some point in the next month with your situation. Also, I'm pretty sure there is train transportation from Newark Airport (EWR) to New Brunswick via the Secaucus Junction station, and the other airports def have some type of mass-transit option if u do your research(google nav). Everyone has different flight schedules and arrival airports so I think I'm gonna stay away from driving around this year, it just takes away too much smash time driving different days/times.

KnitePhox I should be able to get the deal at any point but booking a little earlier to ensure room availability is prob wise..

banze

Smash Journeyman
Almost 100% confirmed!

Just looked into prices, and miles are definitely the best option so far!
before buying it I'm gonna schedule my work vacation for this week and see how that goes on the company issues over here.

But, so far is looking very good!!

I'm very excited to hear that many of you guys are going to this. Boomfan in especial of course!
Really hoping that Isai can make it to!! as everyone else is as well I guess!

Top Bottom