• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Spanish is really close to English(only partial syntax switch) and you can actually use it here in the states, besides rolling your R's it should be the simplest pick if available

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Predictions for Apex:

Firo gets top 8 (if he goes)
Isai goes Yoshi the entire time
A certain scruffy-looking scoundrel will cause several upsets

TANK64

Smash Lord
I def want to speculate when it comes closer :)

I'm gonna be making big CLAIMS (about myself and others).

-Why am I getting 8 frames on Galaxy right now!! FFFFUUUUUUUUU

I need more training!!!!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I have a question. If we can't make it on Friday but still want to show up on Saturday/Sunday, would we still need to register?

Battlecow

Play to Win
If I go we got to play a few :) maybe 12 character battle. Well time to start training with Kefit.
I'm pretty ballsack at 12 char battles, not really my JAM

but yeah looking forward to playing with you (and hopefully the mighty KEFIT) for sure.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^^ he's not lying. Though bcow vs kefit in a 12 char? Not sure who would win lol. I think bcow has a deeper lineup, but kefits top 2 are much better.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
^^ he's not lying. Though bcow vs kefit in a 12 char? Not sure who would win lol. I think bcow has a deeper lineup, but kefits top 2 are much better.
I'm pretty ballsack at 12 char battles, not really my JAM

but yeah looking forward to playing with you (and hopefully the mighty KEFIT) for sure.
what's kefit's second
From what I hear Mario? lol1or2charpeople
Mairo but he has not really played Mairo to much latey. He has been working on his Fox alot.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I used to be like a 4-char person

now I'm not sure, I don't think I have any tertiaries but there are like 5 characters who could be quaternaries

so either like 2 or 7 characters depending on how you wanna view it.

Oh, also, I'm a poor college student--can someone maybe hook me/knitephox/solo up with housing? I know jimmyjoe was a boss about that last year... I'll dance sexily for anyone who does it and play them in infinite friendlies. I'm adorable when I sleep and I have no problem bunking on floors/fire escapes/beds of nails/piles of hospital waste.

serge

Banned via Warnings
Will SSB64 be streamed this year? At least the later matches?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Guys. May I ask this year you guys bring your own TVs and setups? I will be buy a lot of TVs for this event and I want to make sure the big games are handled well. I will try to get some. It I wanna make sure u guys get 8 setups and atm I do not want to do it all myself.

Also if u can throw me a bone and provide setups in general you get discounts for melee and brawl

Thank you guys for your support and yea u will be streamed

:phone:

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
what's kefit's second
Kefit Character Tier List:
S - Pikachu
-----------
A - Mario, Fox, Kirby (recently picked up, bair is a pretty good move you see)
B - Luigi, maybe Jiggles and Ness I guess
C - Characters who aren't Q tier.
Q - Link. Maybe Samus too. Probably Yoshi too?

There is an incomprehensible gap between S and A, and anything below A isn't played at any kind of competitive level. As you can imagine I'm not terribly good at 12 character battles.

asianaussie said:
i want to see kefit playing asakura-P live
This can probably be arranged if I do attend Apex.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can definitely provide an N64, but my CRT is too big and clunky to really be transported effectively. I know that Han Solo has a bunch of TV's and so forth though; I think we'll almost certainly be able to come up with 8 between all of us.

What are the rules on setup discounts? Do I get a venue fee discount for providing setups or is it only melee/brawl entry fee discounts?

B Link

Smash Lord
The rat should be everyone's S tier. Also, everyone should always play rat, that way we won't need a matchup list because everyone would just do rat dittos all the time.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sleeping on the floor sucks, I wanna see you play in top, rested condition fightmoo
The only time I've ever lost a 64 tournament (disregarding FAKE SMASH, of course) was the one time I had slept in a bed the night before. All of my wins follow beautiful, restful nights on lovely, cool, smooth floors. I don't think I could perform up to my full capacity without at least one night of floor-rest.

The fact that firo was at the tournament I lost is mere coincidence. #bedjohns

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
31 entrants so far, 33 spots left to fill

some big names are missing still
This is true. Hope some sign up soon or it may fill up.

Also here is the Schedule for Apex.

Friday

10:00am - 11:30am : Check-in + Free Play
12:00pm: Melee Doubles Bracket Begins
1:00pm : Soul Calibur V Begins
2:00pm : Brawl Doubles Bracket Begins
3:00pm : Super Smash Bros. Begins
4:00pm : Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v. 2012 Begins
5:00pm : Pokemon Black/White 2 Begins
10:00pm : Brawl USA vs World Exhibition Begins

Saturday

8:00am-9:30am : Check-in + Free Play
10:00am : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 1-8 Begins
12:00pm : Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 Begins
1:00pm : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 9-16 Begins
2:00pm : Persona 4 Arena Begins
4:00pm : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 17-24 Begins
4:00pm : Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Begins
7:00pm : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 25-32 Begins
10:00pm : Melee USA vs World Exhibition Begins

Sunday

8:00am-9:30am : Check-in + Free Play
10:00am : Melee/Brawl Singles Bracket Begins
9:00pm : Tournament ends
10:00pm : Closing Ceramonies

Battlecow

Play to Win
Holy ****

3 PM to the end of friday? That's not long at all. It's straight to bracket then?

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Holy ****

3 PM to the end of friday? That's not long at all. It's straight to bracket then?
Yeah, that's why I suggested having another tournament on Saturday. Although, if 64 players register for SSB way before the deadline for registration like I think it's going to (we're at 31 players now), what other choice is there than to raise the cap and possibly make the tournament a 2-day event?

Battlecow

Play to Win
The choice to not raise the cap and keep it at a half-day event

I mean, alex said he'd consider raising it or whatever. I guess we'll see.

Next year someone should host a just-for-64 tourney as our main event. That way we could at least do pools and stuff and have our one annual tourney actually be a tourney. Not that I'm not grateful to Alex for including us in this, but... is the influx of brawl scrubs worth the thirty dollar venue fee and seven-hour timeslot?

Top Bottom