• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

LLDL

Smash Hero
NJ is too good, me sensei megavolt weedwack smellycat parallax? Y'all would get annihilated

ballin4life

Smash Hero
ballin is pro Hyrule? I didn't even know bro, so he can't be a very vocal supporter/a prime example ;P
cmon, you should know i support things that help my character ;)

Yeah. I've been playing on Hyrule for Apex practice too. Making sure my tent combos are on ect..

as well as memorizing Pika percents =)
wait, are both battlecow and TANK now Pika mains? I am dissapoint :(

Yeah Ballin' hearts Hyrule. And I was more talking about the people that aren't going to change their mind =P .
Not sure who you were talking about then

Sometime tomorrow I'm going to find out if I have to pick up my sister from the airport on Saturday. Really bad timing. Loto already knows and gave me a little **** for it. It's still 50/50 for me, but before this little bit of news I was 100%.
Send her some taxi money? :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
yo IL is pretty strong, you guys don't know. If we get firo then I think we could take anyone (considering that 3 of MD's 5 are retired)

except obviously norcal if they get isai but come on he transcends regions

honestly boom and four homeless men playing for malt liquor could probably take us too, so I guess EC canada

but OTHER THAN THAT

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yo nintendude are you in MD yet? In that case the DMV (DC MD VA) has a good 5:

Star King
A$
Nintendude
Clubba
Mario Reincarnate

tho mario reincarnate is practically retired and I doubt A$ will get his butt up there
wtf all of you guys are MD/VA? How did I not know this? I've been living here since July. Let's get some Apex training sessions going asap.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
What days we gonna be gone? I need to request days off ( or quit ).
We're leaving for NJ bright and early in the morning Thursday, January 10th, and then we're leaving for IL Sunday, January 13th whenever we wake up I guess. Since there's no 64 stuff going down on Sunday, I figure we can just leave early unless everyone else wants to stay.

TANK64

Smash Lord
9 spots left lol.

EDIT: @Ballin', no. I'm saying (since he mains Pika now), I've been practicing playing on Hyrule, and beating up Pika for Apex.

It was a little joke.

But I'm serious.

Olikus

Smash Champion
since banning hyrule seems to not be done before apex. (becuase we get yelled at for mentioning it all year lmao). how about this.

DL and congo neutral. flip a coin heads DL, tails congo.
peach and hyrule are CP. But loser of first game can ban a stage.

It still gonna be allot of hyrule unfortunatley, but its a little bit better than having it as a (lolwut) neutral.

and then we can ban hyrule after apex for good. =)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
wtf all of you guys are MD/VA? How did I not know this? I've been living here since July. Let's get some Apex training sessions going asap.
WHAT you didn't know? I thought I told you this before, or I at least said "just wait until Nintendude comes to MD and we will be so good in this area."

A$ is at JMU, though I imagine he will be back over winter break. SK is in high school (lol high schoolers grow the eff up max), and as I said MR is not really active nor do I have his contact info. I'm supposed to have my own place by now that would be a smash haven... but I'm a bum and haven't been super active in looking. Soooo I still live with my parents, at least for a few more months. Would your place be possible to play at?

I'm down to play, but I'm really, really busy. I'd only be free Saturday nights and Sundays, and even then we'd have to schedule in advance before the gf claims me for the weekend. May be able to drag star king along too, if he doesn't have too much HW (lol hw).

banze

Smash Journeyman
And the spots are runing out!!

That guy named Oxolane, he's the other dude from here!
Not from bahamas. I'll ask him to request the change.

Nice to know that he made it on time!

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
And the spots are runing out!!

That guy named Oxolane, he's the other dude from here!
Not from bahamas. I'll ask him to request the change.

Nice to know that he made it on time!
Ugh damn... I can only confirm on the 11th whether I go or not.

If I go and the spots are taken sucks for me... Oh well I'll take a ton of money matches. ;)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
since banning hyrule seems to not be done before apex. (becuase we get yelled at for mentioning it all year lmao). how about this.

It still gonna be allot of hyrule unfortunatley, but its a little bit better than having it as a (lolwut) neutral.

You realize there is pretty much no difference between this and banning hyrule right? Since one person can unilaterally ban Hyrule for the set that means that no matches will be played on Hyrule unless both players agree to play there (the same situation as if Hyrule were banned)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean that's like saying that all stages are banned in melee because you can strike away from them and then ban them

it's not the same, or else peach's is banned too.

I don't like the coin flip for DL/congo though

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
the passport took 2 days now the problem is the visa but im lucky since im a univeristy student and i got a solid reason to return to mexico. im gonna have my visa quickly :D i got a date tomorrow at american consultate of mexico, tomorrow is the DAYY i will really now if im going to apex or no pff wish me luck

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
the passport took 2 days now the problem is the visa but im lucky since im a univeristy student and i got a solid reason to return to mexico. im gonna have my visa quickly :D i got a date tomorrow at american consultate of mexico, tomorrow is the DAYY i will really now if im going to apex or no pff wish me luck
gl getting here

Olikus

Smash Champion
You realize there is pretty much no difference between this and banning hyrule right? Since one person can unilaterally ban Hyrule for the set that means that no matches will be played on Hyrule unless both players agree to play there (the same situation as if Hyrule were banned)
wut? hyrule only gets banned if the loser of the first match has hyrule as his least favourite. if you think thats no difference from banning hyrule, youre saying everyone wanna ban hyrule. Which menas it should be banned anyway :troll:

@battlecow coinflip is better than hyrule >=)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
wut? hyrule only gets banned if the loser of the first match has hyrule as his least favourite. if you think thats no difference from banning hyrule, youre saying everyone wanna ban hyrule. Which menas it should be banned anyway :troll:
if neither player has hyrule as least favorite, then they can agree to play on hyrule even if hyrule were banned.

there's very little difference in how it would work out.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
WHAT you didn't know? I thought I told you this before, or I at least said "just wait until Nintendude comes to MD and we will be so good in this area."

A$ is at JMU, though I imagine he will be back over winter break. SK is in high school (lol high schoolers grow the eff up max), and as I said MR is not really active nor do I have his contact info. I'm supposed to have my own place by now that would be a smash haven... but I'm a bum and haven't been super active in looking. Soooo I still live with my parents, at least for a few more months. Would your place be possible to play at?

I'm down to play, but I'm really, really busy. I'd only be free Saturday nights and Sundays, and even then we'd have to schedule in advance before the gf claims me for the weekend. May be able to drag star king along too, if he doesn't have too much HW (lol hw).
My place is fine but whoever comes has to bring an n64 (I only have a controller lol). I live a 5-minute walk from the red line so it should be super easy to get to.

Battlecow

Play to Win
But the difference is only one of degree ballin'

and degrees don't exist

this is some calculus **** right here

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
Idk if you people know this, but Peru is Hyrule-only and they're good at Smash.

Brazilian rules are ok.

If you ban Hyrule then no one could use Fox bc of DL. As a Fox mainer I'm against it. Plus I live in a region infested of foxes (as main or secondary).

Don't ban Hyrule. It will push me to pick Kirby again :(

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Looks like I'm not going. I was very close to buying plane tickets a couple months ago (ask Tanklin), but couldn't justify it cause I'm too poor right now.

My top 4 spot is up for grabs.

Oh and someone take battle cattle's money for me since I can't do it myself.

Olikus

Smash Champion
if neither player has hyrule as least favorite, then they can agree to play on hyrule even if hyrule were banned.

there's very little difference in how it would work out.
allright Ill try to find out what you dont get.

You say if neither player has hyrule as their least favourite they play on hyrule. thats correct. What you mean by even if hyrule were banned? if neither player wanna ban hyrule they ban one of congo, DL or peach. So by my solution people can still play on hyrule, since it to close to the tournament to ban that stage. BUt since majority of the players want it banned its a ok change it will be banned in a set unless a hyrule lover lose the first game.

You get it now?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Confirmed Entrants:

1. Nintendude, MD, USA
2. pidgezero_one, OOC, Canada
3. TANK, FL, USA
4. Weedwack, NJ, USA
5. Apple, NJ, USA
6. Rami Jackson, NY, USA
7. smashpika13, OH, USA
8. Shadocat, VA, USA
9. GINGTASTIC, OH, USA
10. Bred, NY, USA
11. KeroKeroppi, NY, USA
12. hectohertz, NY, USA
13. Stranded, NY, USA
14. infamous_diablo, NY,USA
15. Han Solo, IL, USA
16. cmu6eh, NH, USA
17. runtmc, PA, USA
18. Tyrant, NY, USA
19. Jimmy Joe, NJ, USA
20. Ya Dad, IN, USA
21. Veritas Aéquitas, MI, USA
22. Sonofabeast, NY, USA
23. Dice, MA. USA
24. Rayzor, NY, USA
25. KnitePhox, IL, USA
26. Chain-Ace, NJ, USA
27. Sweet, OH, USA
28. SuPeRbOoMfAn, OOC, Canada
29. Danconia, GA, USA
30. battlecow, IL, USA
31. Myztek, MS, USA
32. KMaD64, NY, USA
33. Wizzrobe, FL, USA
34. ballin4life, CA, USA
35. JaimeHR, OOC, Mexico
36. BloodyPuppy, MD, USA
37. low-tier-or-no-tier, NJ, USA
38. faceCHEEKwall, NJ, USA
39. Komotonoto, IL, USA
40. vVv Rapture, CT, USA
41. HammerTime, OOC, Canada
42. KoRoBeNiKi, NJ, USA
43. Ceasar, NY, USA
44. Mizuki, AZ, USA
45. Jel, WA, USA
46. Firo, IL, USA
47. Banze, OOC, Brazil
48. Kefit, WA, USA
49. Cookie Monster, NY, USA
50. Isai, CA, USA
51. Eikelmann, FL, USA
52. Bladewise, WA, USA
53. Jered, NY, USA
54. Cobrevolution, NJ, USA
55. Kenny, CT, USA
56. Sensei, NJ, USA
57. ShadeMoneh, NY, USA
58. Rumbly, IL, USA
59. oxolane, SC, Bahamas

Only 4 spots left open who will take them?. Thinking of setting up a Smash meet up thread for Thursday night when me and Kefit get there. Maybe we can get like a smash fest going on where me, Kefit, Sensei, Boom, Isai, JaimeHR, KnitePhox , Jimmy Joe and others can play some SSB

clubbadubba

Smash Master

wait so loser of the 1st game gets to ban a stage AND counterpick? **** it I'd throw the first game, get my ban in, counterpick to my best stage, and now its 1-1 but I've banned my worst stage. I think ballin misread (like I did initially) and assumed you said winner of first game gets a ban, while loser counterpicks. Loser gets ban and counterpick is way too much.

I honestly don't understand why we have the loser counterpick every single time anyway. Its like we are trying to rig the game to have closer matches, which is not the goal of a ruleset unless you are trying to bring in TV money like a professional sport. We should be aiming for the most competitive ruleset. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the 1st stage chosen by striking, and then split up the remaining game picks among the players EVENLY? So strike for first stage, then player A gets a stage, then player B gets a stage, then A, then B, etc. until the set is over.

Top Bottom