• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
will there ever be a melee bracket image?
Waiting for Strife to get me the bracket image that was on his laptop. I left early and do not have the updated bracket on my tio :(

Also Strife, I'm willing to put up money for the fund and don't worry about paying me :p I wanna be there next year!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Did a full inventory. Missing a lot of things. I am missing sponsor things that I have to replace and it is not cheap. I am very upset and disappointed with the amount of theft. Due to the amount it will cost to replace everything if those things including several wiis, my ps3, and many game jones and other cables, I cannot do apex again. I am really sorry everyone. I hope that person comes thru.
holy ****

how dumb are you people

apex is the best smash tournament series

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
This was my first Apex, and it was by far the greatest smash experience of my life. I really hope that they will continue, because I would attend another within a heartbeat. If any money/help is needed, I would be happy to pitch in. Thanks, Alex/apex staff.

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I am disgusted.

edit: roped off area where no one is allowed? If you have a camera on that you got him no problem and there's no way someone is walking away with that much technology so easily, probably did it during hype matches too while no one was paying attention/was around so it shouldn't be too hard to catch the culprit...hopefully. find out who he is and mega bus will take you out there with the women's soccer team to **** him up.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I've been to conventions before where people fro the outside see something is happening, walk in, and steal. But if there was security at the entrances for apex then that means it may have been someone from one of the video game communities.

Either way, this is truly sad.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I've been to conventions before where people fro the outside see something is happening, walk in, and steal. But if there was security at the entrances for apex then that means it may have been someone from one of the video game communities.
this. i saw random people walk into the venue on days two and three that didn't look like they were smashers, rutgers staff, and definitely didn't have a spectator band.

there didn't seem to be any real security. =[

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We did it but volunteers basis butno one stepped up....it was hard when no one was willing to help and I cannot do it all myself my staff felt really stretched thin...

phish-it

Smash Champion
It's unfortunate that this happened, but I'm sure the community would help cover the losses. The Apex serious are historical events that no one in the community should miss out on.

If I'm not mistaken though, didn't the first couple rows of setups get moved outside to make room for the crowd watching the top 8? It's plausible that someone could've easily gotten away with equipment if it was outside of the building without people around, especially since someones car got broken into in the parking lot.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Great stream, I am really impressed with the professional staff. This will be the first thing I donate to in the Melee community because I really dislike theft, especially at an event as good as this.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Of course it's gonna happen again. Get to that level and tell me your mentality is gonna be perfect. But at least he has some insight into how to better deal with it now.

Justin Wong is famous for never giving up and making godlike comebacks. No reason M2K can't be the same, he's basically the Justin Wong of the Smash community.

Thino

Smash Master
People we need to help Alex Strife for Apex 2014, the theft thing happening is really sad and people that do this really don't like the Smash community at all..

yoshq

Smash Master
Justin Wong is famous for never giving up and making godlike comebacks. No reason M2K can't be the same, he's basically the Justin Wong of the Smash community.
Yeah, but it's not like he's just going to achieve that in a day of mind blowing revelation. Change takes time.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I lost my controller... It was white and had heatran/ducklett stickers on it. If found, please pm me before I leave the country lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
BTW this was a good tournament. far better than last year.
i have a few suggestions for next year but I'll save them until after all of the staff recover. all in all, very impressed, and have no regrets.

M@v

Subarashii!
Anyone have the download link for super smash flash 2? I remember them saying they were going to be releasing the version showcased at apex soon.

knuckleface88

Smash Cadet
The smash community can gather a pretty good sum of money every time a top player needs to travel far for a national. Surely, the community can come together to save the biggest national we pay to send players to! By the way, this was my first non-local tourney and even though I was only there on Saturday, it was an incredibly fun experience. Not to mention I felt it was well ran for an event of such size with such a small staff. I even lost my keys for a brief moment, until someone found them and the staff announced they had them. You all were a life saver in that respect. I hope those responsible are found and punished, and I am more than willing to pay my small part to keep the APEX series alive. Nationals from now on should learn from this unfortunate circumstance by seeing where cameras are placed, making sure the valuables are either locked away or in view of cameras, and maybe having easier staff identification (staff shirts that are bright) so people will see something and say something if a non staff member is in a staff only area. Good luck Alex, and thanks again APEX 2013 staff!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I was a security volunteer but had limited communication with the team.

Sorry I didn't do more to prevent this from happening. :(

W.C.N

Smash Lord
We're people without their badge not supposed to be in the venue I lost mine Friday night and found it when I got home noone said anything to me all weekend, security being only volunteers is a bad idea especially if your having theft problems, it's not hard to come to the thought if I become security I can get away with so much more, you really need to know the people or find professionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom