• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Do not use ad block! Ad block stops streamers from making money! The only way our culture can evolve is by the fruitful gain of its hardest working members.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Maybe it's just me, but one of the Meta-Knights never seems to move near my cursor.

Must be Mew2King's. :awesome:
you have no idea how hard i laughed at this
im going to get destroyed by mk's, i main 3 characters who are ripped to peices by him, and i havent an ounce of high quality MK experience, what with uk having no real mk's and my ventures into europe coincidentally avoiding all meta's....fakku

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Streamers making money = them getting money towards better streaming equipment, which leads to better streams.

Seems legit.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Lol, very poor choice of words. Streamers making money is definitely not an incentive.
Compare ANY Smash stream to Jaxel's streams at Concentrate. Then you tell me your 30 seconds during downtime is better spent looking at a menu rather than a commercial.

Streamers making money increases the quality of the stream. Better quality begets more viewers. More viewers equal growth. Growth equal sponsors, which means bigger events.

Don't be closed minded.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
That was typically ignorant of you to say.

'Oh it helps that guy thats not me make money? Well screw that! To hell with helping other people making money for providing a worthwhile service!'

M@v

Subarashii!
Lol, very poor choice of words. Streamers making money is definitely not an incentive.
Did you even SEE the concentrate stream? Way better than anything I've seen yet.

P.S. I just book my room at the Hyatt, getting there Thursday night then leaving on Sunday night, so I am officially 100% confirmed for APEX 2012 now. :)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
That was typically ignorant of you to say.

'Oh it helps that guy thats not me make money? Well screw that! To hell with helping other people making money for providing a worthwhile service!'
Sometimes, I join these facebook contests. All I have to do is get people to like a status, and I win some free games. It's the same thinking of "This doesn't benefit me, go to hell" that stops people from doing what they've probably done 45 times that morning: Like a simple status.

Stop this whole "WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?" way of thinking. If you were in a streamer's position, trying to make six cents off of someone watching an ad, I'm sure all of you would get just as heated.

Gamers are a family. I've been saying this a lot lately, and I'll say it again: This culture isn't strong enough to stand on one leg. It's the combined efforts of all of us that get us to where we want to go.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Is the entire hyatt rented out to just smashers or just a block of it? Trying to see if its worth double the price of the place I stayed last year :laugh:

:phone:

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Compare ANY Smash stream to Jaxel's streams at Concentrate. Then you tell me your 30 seconds during downtime is better spent looking at a menu rather than a commercial.

Streamers making money increases the quality of the stream. Better quality begets more viewers. More viewers equal growth. Growth equal sponsors, which means bigger events.

Don't be closed minded.
I'm not closed minded yo, I just said your choice of words is ********. :glare: I'm very much aware of the process behind it. HOWEVER, saying they can't make money with ad blockers is kinda dumb to say.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Did you even SEE the concentrate stream? Way better than anything I've seen yet.

P.S. I just book my room at the Hyatt, getting there Thursday night then leaving on Sunday night, so I am officially 100% confirmed for APEX 2012 now. :)
Lol ******s dun get it, JUST critisizing his choice of words, not the whole stream thingy.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Is the entire hyatt rented out to just smashers or just a block of it? Trying to see if its worth double the price of the place I stayed last year :laugh:

I believe it isn't rented out. Its pretty much a normal hotel that will have alot of smashers in it but also other random people staying there.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Lol ******s dun get it, JUST critisizing his choice of words, not the whole stream thingy.
I'm not closed minded yo, I just said your choice of words is ********. :glare: I'm very much aware of the process behind it. HOWEVER, saying they can't make money with ad blockers is kinda dumb to say.
It's not ********. When you have an ad blocker up, the site knows it, and the revenue isn't transferred to the streamer. Every time you block an ad on ANY site, revenue is lost.

For instance: AiB? Sure, those ads are annoying. But how do you think the site is maintained? Paid for? Should Neal and JV not make anything for all the work they put in? Why is it so difficult to understand my logic?

You're getting heated over nothing. Though, little else is to be expected from some who said, verbatim "Streamers making money is definitely not an incentive."

And while you may think what I've said doesn't hold water, notice the people around you telling you otherwise.

Now, go register for Apex. Hype is abound.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Just wondering...I can pay 250 for the weekend or 160 a night lol. Trying to see if the hype is worth it with all the OOS tourneys I have next year. EVO is nearby

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Also for anyone flying from Orlando to this jetblue currently has RT flights for like 215 total. That's how I bought mine Saturday. It may be cheap for other cities too

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Evo for me might be off the table this year. Fourth of July weekend is usually I time I spend with my family, so I'm not going to know for a few weeks, but I definitely had a blast.

But, this event is gonna be massive. I've already confirmed a lot of top players in the FGC (Like, a lot.) and I can tell you that the competition is going to be fierce. Also, we're going to have a similar seating layout for the mainstage, where the top is to be played.

Trust me, there will be more hype than most can handle.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You gotta go to Evo so we can troll everyone lol

The tourney itself is 2 days after the fourth

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It looks like I can't make this at the moment. Sorry Plup, was looking forward to teaming with you. I'll know for sure tomorrow I think.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
14 days before Ultimate Marvel...
gonna be in the lab for AGES.
Get hype for Apex.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Id challenge espy but it wouldnt be as hype...

whos the best fox at this? zeton? nakat? mega?

and heero, we'll def. hang. ESPECIALLY if you bring BB

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Just found out that college down here starts up on the 9th.

All my courses are tuesday thursday only.

What does that mean?

This is meant to be.

Mike2

Smash Ace
I swear to god everything better be recorded at this. I mean everything.lol Too many hype matches to count and I probably won't be able to make it

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
GDX going to this too?
:applejack:

MINK, we must play doubles friendlies with others!
DOUBLE JIGGLYPUFF.

ASK ZIGSTA ABOUT OUR DOUBLE BOWSERS. :applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom