• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Still wanna do All Brawl?? Be at the venue at 6pm with $5 dollars and I may be able to fit you in!

Just hear me make a call out for All Brawl at that time. Or come to me earlier to attempt to sign up.

zmx

Smash Lord
"I want Nietono's team name to be "Pearl Harbor"

'An attack that America never saw coming'

To be very technical, America actually saw both Pearl Harbor AND Nietono coming. It was predicted he'd do really well at Apex before any American player played him.

Still an awesome line though xD

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hi if I get to the New Brunswick train station at around 1:30 would anyone be able to pick me up? Is that the closest one to the venue?
New Brunswick train station is 5 minutes walking distance to the venue. Walk down college avenue away from the city and towards the campus. It'll be on your left and it is called "Rutgers Student Center"

erick gm14

Smash Ace
if anyone needs a white GC controller, im selling one. been used like 2 times, comes with box and all, i just prefer my white controller which has no rubber on the analog because when i used the new controller the rubber analog makes it easier for my thumb to slip off. PM me if interested, selling for 20. bought it at 35

im KiD

u can test it out before i sell it

edit again: wow that was a stupid error

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
why would anyone buy a controller at a venue if they can't test it?

that's just fishy, I hope no one is that ********

zmx

Smash Lord
Probably but he started out with what seemed to be a legitimate ad and then that sentence came out of nowhere. The shock value is what made it funny.

Tesh

Smash Hero
can i get a list of all the twitters that will be active giving smash updates?

steep

Smash Lord
Yes. Because there aren't many tvs in the venue for brawl and I wanna play. lol The tvs in the venue have a huge wait.

steep

Smash Lord
Let me know if you find anybody DRDN… Noone responds to my posts on swf unless they are telling me I'm wrong or dumb. lol

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Just so everyone knows, APEX is the current featured stream on twitch.tv! so epic. but..were streaming round1 pools of a mediocre pool..it would be great if we could have some good matches going on while we are featured..if some1 could contact a TO and address this it would be great. this is actually important for growing our community.

zmx

Smash Lord
Why does PKMN need 5 tables? Isn't it a handheld game that can be run anywhere in the venue?

Oh and all brawl is sidetracked by ally vs vinnie which is pretty hype but also impossible to watch :(
I understand that All brawl is mini-side event but what exactly is it and what are the rules?

And why is that hype match impossible to watch? Is it at least being recorded?

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
4 person free for all
2 stock
3 minutes
All items on Medium
All stages on random

First to win 2 games advances
The remaining 3 play until someone else wins 2 games

It was impossible to watch because of the way things are set up and the crowd was so big you can't see the tv....I don't think it was recorded directly but I saw someone with a camcorder pointed at it to watch

zmx

Smash Lord
Lol at those rules.

I can imagine that causes every match to be potentially insane. I'm guessing if there are no stock losses the person with the lowest percent wins?

Also, I'm guessing if someone is actually taking it seriously, they'll go MK as those rules seem to benefit him even more.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Lol at those rules.

I can imagine that causes every match to be potentially insane. I'm guessing if there are no stock losses the person with the lowest percent wins?

Also, I'm guessing if someone is actually taking it seriously, they'll go MK as those rules seem to benefit him even more.
Sudden Death is played out and the characters are set to random. MK actually isn't nearly as over-powered as one might expect, although he's still very good.

zmx

Smash Lord
Hmmm, guess I assumed falsely then. It was mainly the random stage selection that made me think he'd be overpowered as he has no bad stages and probably has the lowest chance of being gimped by a stage.

But then again characters that live forever (which is far from MK) I suppose get an advantage as well. There's only a 3 mins time limit.

M@v

Subarashii!
All brawl is pretty damn hyped. Lol. Its moving so slooow though. Keitaro got knocked out first round of his own event :troll:

:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Hmmm, guess I assumed falsely then. It was mainly the random stage selection that made me think he'd be overpowered as he has no bad stages and probably has the lowest chance of being gimped by a stage.

But then again characters that live forever (which is far from MK) I suppose get an advantage as well. There's only a 3 mins time limit.
Meta Knight does indeed have bad stages in AllBrawl. Stages like Flat Zone 2 are awful[/] for for Meta Knight. A lot of items and hazards OHKO MK toward the edges of various stages and many of the newly introduced stages lack ledges or space for Meta Knight to avoid these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom