• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Also remember MK loses his ability to gimp when the stages have a bottom
Meta Knight still has shuttle loop and powerful items that combo. The difference is that more characters can do it back to him and in some cases can do so better.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Someone at the venue please get this horrible commentary off the stream. I'm not even a Melee player but this idiot shouldn't be running his mouth about America instead of the game going on. He stopped being funny like an hour ago.

3500 viewers watching Smash and all I hear is this ****head cracking one liners about America. Please someone just throw a shoe at him or something.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I expected better commentary than this guy making the same lame joke every 5 seconds.

If a Melee player wants to tell me they are enjoying this, fine I'll drop it because -

actually he just got muted so I'm good.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It just got old really fast
I feel bad for the Melee community having this guy up there today. I just wanna clarify that this guy won't be on tomorrow or Sunday. I don't wanna have to mute the entire stream.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I feel bad for the Melee community having this guy up there today. I just wanna clarify that this guy won't be on tomorrow or Sunday. I don't wanna have to mute the entire stream.
It's not just the Melee community that gets hurt when commentary of such low caliber is played during an important event that broadcasts what is supposed to be the best of the Smash community to non-Smashers.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's a big joke, seeing how Prog is American. That being said it's not nearly clear enough that it's a joke, to anyone who thinks he is serious(probably a lot of people) I understand why they would be annoyed.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it's a big joke, seeing how Prog is American. That being said it's not nearly clear enough that it's a joke, to anyone who thinks he is serious(probably a lot of people) I understand why they would be annoyed.
It being a joke isn't the problem. The quality/staleness is the problem.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I know its a joke, but its horrible commentary. I feel like I'm watching a bad episode of SNL thinking "yea guys...it wasn't that funny, next joke please".

5500 viewers though, thats amazing.

zmx

Smash Lord
I know its a joke, but its horrible commentary. I feel like I'm watching a bad episode of SNL thinking "yea guys...it wasn't that funny, next joke please".

Haven't seen the stream yet, more interested in brawl but you're not the only one that experienced this.

Once I decided to check out a melee stream just for fun and I left because I couldn't stand the commentary. I know I could have muted it but as a non-melee player I definetly wanted good commentary to better explain what was going on.

Instead this was the commentary in a nutshell:

OMG U ***** U ****** GOT ***** U **** FALJF OMG OMG OMG ***** *** *** *** GET ***** GET ***** **** ****** ******* **** NOT LIKE THAT SON **** ***** GET ***** ******

I wish I was trying to be funny and exaggerating but I'm not.
Can melee commentators not act professional even for the biggest smash tourny ever? Brawl commentary especially during the concentrate streams was a million times better and was half the reason I kept watching it.

I expect top quality commentary from them during tommorow as well.

Merkuri

Smash Lord

I agree. I think it was Jackson who was ruinning the stream. He should have told him to stop.

And LMAO at Isai not fighting CJ seriously, I think it's good so that people stop hyping him up. I've always found it annoying.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'll post this here too.

Why the **** aren't tournament matches on the stream? I don't think we'll ever have a stream done right in the melee community, because the person in charge of the stream is typically not in charge of who plays on the recording stations, and if they are then they are usually timid as **** or they don't care enough.

I don't want to take anything away from the Apex stream, because a lot went into it and it was done well but right now it's stupid.

BSP

Smash Legend
That prog (i think, you guys know what I mean) was bad, and only makes smash look bad. Try not to let that happen again.

And stream mods, can you please do something about these trolls? It's really a pain.

Otherwise, everything looks good.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm back at the hyatt and going to sleep. Didn't get too much practice in due to setup shortages, but just enough to know what I need to work on before pools. Going to be at the venue at the crack of dawn to train for my pool.

Ps zero is a beast. I think he will make top 20, and has a legitimate shot at top 10 imo.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah zero took brood to last hit in a mm(although game two he won because of an accidental pause by brood.) He wasn't forcing it, but everyone else watching insisted brood took the loss >->

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
When will people learn to just keep pause off.

So I guess Melee free play setups will be used for Melee bracket tomorrow? Is Melee going to cut in on Brawl stream time then?

Djent

Smash Champion
Gaah, this is going to be a mess.

Seriously, MELEE, the *faster-paced* game with the *smaller turnout* is running behind. How in the flying **** are they going to manage BRAWL tomorrow on top of the leftover Melee. There's no possible way, not just because of time but because of stream issues. There's just no feasible way to make everyone happy now, and that was the whole point of running the games on different days. I'm seriously glad that I stream monstered this out now, because I think it's heading toward disaster.

Calling it now: brackets for both games will end up being on Sunday.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Are round 2 pools already over?! Then what was up with the stream?! There were hardly any pool matches going on!

Gaah, this is going to be a mess.

Seriously, MELEE, the *faster-paced* game with the *smaller turnout* is running behind. How in the flying **** are they going to manage BRAWL tomorrow on top of the leftover Melee. There's no possible way, not just because of time but because of stream issues. There's just no feasible way to make everyone happy now, and that was the whole point of running the games on different days. I'm seriously glad that I stream monstered this out now, because I think it's heading toward disaster.

Calling it now: brackets for both games will end up being on Sunday.
Yes! Today was Melee ONLY and they still couldn't get things done on time! I cannot imagine what tomorrow is gonna be like since SSBB, AEv2012, UMvC3, and MK will be going on!

darkatma

Smash Hero
Some updates from sweetxignorance from another julian about west coast

r2 pools:
1st seeds: Shroomed, SFAT, Westballz
2nd seeds: Darrell, PewPewU

Westballz beat Hax

S2J beat Kage 3-2 in a $100 MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom