• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
wait wat, is it 6man top 3 of 4man top 2? i gotta follow this thread better lol
Regardless of how many people are in a pool, top 2 makes it out.

320 people theoretically means every first round pool will have at least 5 people in it. If another person enters, there will be a 6 man pool. Another after that, 2 6 man pools, and so on.

If Singles registrants go past 384.........the world ends........with a 7 man pool and top 2 making it out :bee:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration

320 people theoretically means every first round pool will have at least 5 people in it. If another person enters, there will be a 6 man pool. Another after that, 2 6 man pools, and so on.

If Singles registrants go past 384.........the world ends........with a 7 man pool and top 2 making it out :bee:
Hardest tournament ever? The hardest it gets, the more excited I am to play!

Roller

Smash Legend

Chibo said to disregard all that information and that it is possible that the pool structure could change a few pages back.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Brawl is already the biggest Brawl tournament in the world!

For Melee it's the 5th right now at 255 singles entrants. We could still easily become number 2!

1. Pound 4 - 347
2. Genesis 1 - 290
3. EVO World 2007 - 270
4. FC-Diamond - 256
5. Pound 5 - 243
6. Epita Smash Arena 2 - 231
7. Genesis 2 - 228
8. Pound 3 - 224
9. APEX 2010 - 218
10. Pound 2 - 201

Merkuri

Smash Lord

If Singles registrants go past 384.........the world ends........with a 7 man pool and top 2 making it out
Isn't that a bit too harsh. If it really does become 7 man pools is top 3 make it out really out of the question?

For Melee it's the 3rd right now at 251 singles entrants. We could still make second or first! Let's gooo.

1. Pound 4 - 347
2. Genesis 1 - 290
3. Pound 5 - 243
4. Genesis 2 - 228
5. Pound 3 - 224
6. APEX 2010 - 218
7. Pound 2 - 201
FC-diamond???
This is incorrect. Evo 2007 world had 270 entrants. And FC Diamond had 250ish attendants(I'm sure it was in the two 250s)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Don't recall it having 270 singles entrants, but sure if you say so. I didn't include those two because I can't find any results thread for them that specified the exact amount.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Curious but is the FGC even gonna show up at all?
justin wong expressed intrest in the SRK thread.
Gummo, the dude who does extensive mod work is going to be there (I assume you consider everyone part of the 'community'
Always Godlike Is sending Demon Hyo and Marlin Pie at least.
And the event is sponsored by Local Battles, so I assume Chris G, Winrich and a few others are going to be there too.

It also helps that most of the big streams in the last month or two has been advertising Apex.
Hardest tournament ever? The hardest it gets, the more excited I am to play!
This.
and next thing you know, he'll say that all the pools will be done by hand and he won't need any help doing em XD, jk lets all just hope for the death pools only in 2nd round!
All I know is this.

Some people are going to get pools of Jello.
Some people are going to get pools of water.
Some people are going to get pools of syrup.

Some people are going to get above ground pools.
Some people are going to get in-ground pools.

Dont know if youve ever had the experience, but its hard to stay afloat in pools of a liquid thicker than water.

Either way, your pool is your pool, and you arent going going to get anywhere being jealous and complaining that some other guys pool is an in ground pool filled with tasty jello, while you got stuck in an above ground pool that hasnt had the leaves and shiz cleaned out of it yet.

Just take what you get and stop complaining, if you were better you wouldnt worry about it anyway.

Patches

Smash Master
Are there any big names for pokemon coming? And by big names, I mean the people on YouTube with over like 50, 000 subs. LOL

I don't follow Pokemon other than that.

:phone:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
justin wong expressed intrest in the SRK thread.
Gummo, the dude who does extensive mod work is going to be there (I assume you consider everyone part of the 'community'
Always Godlike Is sending Demon Hyo and Marlin Pie at least.
And the event is sponsored by Local Battles, so I assume Chris G, Winrich and a few others are going to be there too.

It also helps that most of the big streams in the last month or two has been advertising Apex.
Is Fanatiq going? He's a hero of mine for using pad.

Armada

Smash Lord

For Melee it's the 3rd right now at 251 singles entrants. We could still make second or first! Let's gooo.

1. Pound 4 - 347
2. Genesis 1 - 290
3. Pound 5 - 243
4. Genesis 2 - 228
5. Pound 3 - 224
6. APEX 2010 - 218
7. Pound 2 - 201
FC-diamond???
ESA2 had around 230-250 entrants.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Although 100 teams already is sexy as ****

Lol just realized I attended largest melee and soob brawl tourneys in history. Achievement unlocked

:phone:

Vist

Smash Champion
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is the schedule going to change by any chance?

All the melee stuff is on Friday aside from the top 8 singles and top 4 teams.. I'm not even sure how there would be enough time for all that but also it leaves the vast majority of the melee ppl with nothing to do but play friendlies and spectate for the rest of the weekend..

LLDL

Smash Hero
Corrected my ****

For Melee it's the 5th right now at 255 singles entrants. We could still easily become number 2!

1. Pound 4 - 347
2. Genesis 1 - 290
3. EVO World 2007 - 270
4. FC-Diamond - 256
5. Pound 5 - 243
6. Epita Smash Arena 2 - 231
7. Genesis 2 - 228
8. OC3 - Zero Challenge - 228
9. Pound 3 - 224
10. APEX 2010 - 218
11. Pound 2 - 201

Hundred more entrants and we in there