• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnes

Smash Master
So i just registered....but when i wanted to pay i accidently paid with the number of a credit card that had been stolen a week ago.

Now the problem is the payment went through even though Chase should have cut it off already. What i should I do :(

LLDL

Smash Hero
So i just registered....but when i wanted to pay i accidently paid with the number of a credit card that had been stolen a week ago.

Now the problem is the payment went through even though Chase should have cut it off already. What i should I do :(
looks like u shall be charged overdraft. The same thing happened to me last week. I closed my old account and opened a new account but they still charged my xbox live from my old card and i lost $50 bucks that way. Is it a credit or debit card.

Gnes

Smash Master
looks like u shall be charged overdraft. The same thing happened to me last week. I closed my old account and opened a new account but they still charged my xbox live from my old card and i lost $50 bucks that way. Is it a credit or debit card.
Debit card...and thatssss gayyyyyyy lol Thanks for the info

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah go to your local chase location they will clear it up for you and explain, but im pretty sure ur set for apex since it paid.

Djent

Smash Champion
Okay, so here's the deal. I'd really like to go to this, but all of my friends have bailed on me, saying that it's "too expensive." This would be my first tournament, so I really don't know anyone in the community. I want to get a better feel for competitive Smash, and this could very well be my only opportunity left this summer. Once I go back to college and crew starts up again, it's unlikely that I'll have the time. Of course, races don't start until October...but still.

I just think it's a shame that I might miss one of the best Smash tournaments ever. I'll be watching regardless, but that's not the thing that bothers me. I kind of want to show up just to get knocked out of pools. What do you guys think? Is the minimum $50 fee worth it for a complete outsider?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Okay, so here's the deal. I'd really like to go to this, but all of my friends have bailed on me, saying that it's "too expensive." This would be my first tournament, so I really don't know anyone in the community. I want to get a better feel for competitive Smash, and this could very well be my only opportunity left this summer. Once I go back to college and crew starts up again, it's unlikely that I'll have the time. Of course, races don't start until October...but still.

I just think it's a shame that I might miss one of the best Smash tournaments ever. I'll be watching regardless, but that's not the thing that bothers me. I kind of want to show up just to get knocked out of pools. What do you guys think? Is the minimum $50 fee worth it for a complete outsider?
Youll enjoy this tournament 4000X more than on the livestream if you can come. just come.

an hour and 37 more mins...

Sharky

Smash Master
Yes, do it for the experience, it will totally be worth it. Best way to start a smash career is with a huge tourney IMO.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Okay, so here's the deal. I'd really like to go to this, but all of my friends have bailed on me, saying that it's "too expensive." This would be my first tournament, so I really don't know anyone in the community. I want to get a better feel for competitive Smash, and this could very well be my only opportunity left this summer. Once I go back to college and crew starts up again, it's unlikely that I'll have the time. Of course, races don't start to October...but still.

I just think it's a shame that I might miss one of the best Smash tournaments ever. I'll be watching regardless, but that's not the thing. I kind of want to show up just to get knocked out of pools. What do you guys think? Is the minimum $50 fee worth it for a complete outsider?
Yes it is worth it. At my first tournament I paid like 45 and traveled 3 hours to Connecticut and I didn't get anywhere but I played mad fun, i saw stuff i had never seen before and I got to meet pc chris, who was my smash idol at the time, it is definitely worth it. You may think its paying to throw away money, but this is a social event you will enjoy yourself i guarantee. You gotta pay by 11:59 tho. Hope to see you there.

Djent

Smash Champion
Yes it is worth it. At my first tournament I paid like 45 and traveled 3 hours to Connecticut and I didn't get anywhere but I played mad fun, i saw stuff i had never seen before and I got to meet pc chris, who was my smash idol at the time, it is definitely worth it. You may think its paying to throw away money, but this is a social event you will enjoy yourself i guarantee. You gotta pay by 11:59 tho. Hope to see you there.
I'd honestly love to go. Brawl has been a lot of fun for me, and in the future I'd like to get into Melee too (because it looks even better :lick:). Imma check in one last time with my friends. Hopefully one of them will pull through...and if not, maybe I'll just grow some balls and go anyway. :laugh:

Having to decide in the next 90 minutes blows, though.

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
If you have the money to spend it, then it should be fine.

You can feel Awkward at first because you probably do not know anyone... but it'll pass.
I tell you this because Ive been through this and I'm gonna go through it again since I haven't been active in the Smash Scene for a long time.

Fell Free to PM me if anything.

*Google Maps Restaurants near Venue*

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
There's a subway downstairs, there's an Au Bon Pan next door, and food all around on Easton Ave and George Street, which run parallel to the street of the venue.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If we didn't have a teammate when we registered, but we did pay for teams, do we need to inform anyone in particular that we have found a teammate by midnight EDT in order to avoid being "late"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom