• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Else Miss The Psychic Master, Mewtwo?

Zoa

Smash Ace
mewtwo is the ****. period. honestly i dont think mewtwo was replaced since he is partially programmes, but if he is going to be in ssb4 there need to be some major changes. first mewtwo needs to be one of the heaviest in game. charizard is the 5th(what the hell?) heaviest in brawl. what i am saying is that he MUST outweigh charizard(mewtwo is 6'7'' and 269 pounds while the **** lizard is 5'10'' and 200 pounds).next, some moves need to be changed. confusion(who in the free flippin world teaches their mewtwo confusion?!) will be replaced by psychic(the ****** mewtwo move). it reflects like confusion but does do damage to the opposing character and is like lucarios forward smash but LONGER and distorts the air to show it is there. disable needs to go and get replaced by another reflecter... safeguard. it covers his body and reflects all projectiles at him. forward throw needs to be like back throw. neutral air needs to have more range(like zelda range) and his tail in the air are replaced by powerful telekinetic blasts. his final smash is where he enshrouds himself in a telekinetic barrier, everything is dragged towards him and floats around him(similar to up throw) and them causes the barrier to rupture and explode inflicting severe damage and suffer additional damage from things dragged in(crates exploding, capsules, other people,etc.) anc high 45 or 90 degree knockback.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
mewtwo is the ****. period. honestly i dont think mewtwo was replaced since he is partially programmes, but if he is going to be in ssb4 there need to be some major changes. first mewtwo needs to be one of the heaviest in game. charizard is the 5th(what the hell?) heaviest in brawl. what i am saying is that he MUST outweigh charizard(mewtwo is 6'7'' and 269 pounds while the **** lizard is 5'10'' and 200 pounds).next, some moves need to be changed. confusion(who in the free flippin world teaches their mewtwo confusion?!) will be replaced by psychic(the ****** mewtwo move). it reflects like confusion but does do damage to the opposing character and is like lucarios forward smash but LONGER and distorts the air to show it is there. disable needs to go and get replaced by another reflecter... safeguard. it covers his body and reflects all projectiles at him. forward throw needs to be like back throw. neutral air needs to have more range(like zelda range) and his tail in the air are replaced by powerful telekinetic blasts. his final smash is where he enshrouds himself in a telekinetic barrier, everything is dragged towards him and floats around him(similar to up throw) and them causes the barrier to rupture and explode inflicting severe damage and suffer additional damage from things dragged in(crates exploding, capsules, other people,etc.) anc high 45 or 90 degree knockback.
Try this:
1) significantly higher weight, like samus.
2) disjointed hitboxes on his tail moves.
3) Power up his smashes or his throws.
4) remove the heavy amounts of startup and endlag on his shadowball.

Just those four would make him a tough customer to fight.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I've never played Melee, but seriously, what was so good about Mewtwo that you just have to mourn his loss in Brawl? His moveset? His voice? Appearance?

Zoa

Smash Ace
Try this:
1) significantly higher weight, like samus.
2) disjointed hitboxes on his tail moves.
3) Power up his smashes or his throws.
4) remove the heavy amounts of startup and endlag on his shadowball.

Just those four would make him a tough customer to fight.
actually, samus is a heavy weight, but she is seventh or eighth heaviest character. the weight i was specifying was that he needs to be a super heavy weight(there are only 4. king dedede, snake, donkey kong, and bowser[lightest to heaviest]). excellent ideas on the tail techniques, i hadnt thought of that. throws most definitely need to be powered up and faster too because if mewtwo can cause a ****ing storm with just a few swirls of his hand that encompass the world and can destroy it, wouldnt it make sense to give him some ****** throws? the shadowball technique is very useful, and it would just make sense to get rid of the lag and aerial recoil since he is so powerful. one more important thing about him, he needs to have a levitate ability like peach and an increased length on his Teleport ability alongside the fact that he needs no helpless state. a chaingrab from his down throw on any character(provided that it has the ability to not knockout a character and have set knockback to allow his standard grab can get them like dededes chaingrab) will make him a tremendous ******. increased range on his smashes, power, and down smash hit to both sides will easily land him in the top tier no doubt.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I used to miss Mew2, then I played Melee.

It made me appreciate Lucario. Lol

like, Sakurai seriously ****ed up when he made Mew2. wth

Zoa

Smash Ace
Your right playing melee does help, but not that much.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
proof that mewtwo is better than lucario:

lucario spawned furries.

.... a lot of them...

.... x.x

D

Deleted member

You know what, I miss all of them that were eliminated from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Even Pichu. The lack of Mewtwo in the game is especially insulting, given that he was an original character.

Zoa

Smash Ace
I'm terribly sorry for that Mr. Freeman. My computer has a bad habit of crashing and I could be off the site for months. If that happens, I like to give the thread a change in subject to keep it going. I'll make sure to notify it in my posts to everyone to make it fair.

Ambu(ECNAL)

Smash Rookie
Well I don't really miss Mewtwo much but I'm sure he would have set a challenge for modern age brawling.
lol I'm sure people would be abusing his confusion.

Why the hell do you people keep necroeing this thread. Mewtwo's not ****ing gone. If you want him so badly, play Melee.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Well, maybe the problem is that we want Mewtwo back and watch him kick *** unlike his Melee suckitude version.

Something's wrong with your statement.

Maybe it's the fact that you just said that you want to bring someone from Melee into Brawl so they can stop sucking and kick ***.

Really now, if you think hardcore AS camping is considered "***-kicking" and DJC FAirs to DThrow techchase is suckage, something is wrong with you.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Atually the only problems with his moveset I have is downsmash needsto hits to both sides and confusion and disable need to be replaced because of being easily punishable and other flaws. What he really needs that needs to be addressed are a weight increase and speed increase to be able to withstand being killed. He has extreme difficulty in that area because of being tall, light, slow, and floaty for crackpot reasons.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah =,( mewtwo and his unique moveset for the most part. Who knows he might be in the next smash. I hope they fix the physics tho along with the balance. MEWTWO FTW~!!!!!!!!!

Zoa

Smash Ace
those are the biggest adjustments that he needs. am i right or am i wrong? he is in severe danger of an easy KO just like Zelda. these adjustments are what Mewtwo needs to be Mewtwo and not some toned down version of himself

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Mewtwo would need
a weight increase
dark pulse as an FS
to KNOW FRIGGIN PSYCHIC ( really, it doesnt know psychic)

and it would make it to ssb4

I miss him, he was my third best character
And i play brawl over melee, just cause of custom stages.

Zoa

Smash Ace
thank the lord someone agrees with me for those adjustments. btw mewtwo cant learn dark pulse. what would be a ****** improvement would be a larger hitbox and range for the forward smash. now i have an idea for psychic. psychic would function as a telekinetic blast that does get weaker as the range goes, BUT it would function as a reflector. that would be the ****. it would have a range as good as Lucario's fsmash.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
i never really liked mewtwo, but i came across this youtube video saying that there was still some sort of data left over on brawl from melee that is from mewtwo. they say you can possibly hack to get him, but couldnt you do that anyway? well if you hack brawl... than i guess theres hope for you.

Meta_Knight_777

Smash Apprentice
Ahh... Mewtwo.... My first REAL main. T_T Good times. As far as I am concerned, his only real problem is laggy killing moves, but I have not played melee in a while. Either way he was awesome and still is. IF SOMEBODY DISAGREES WITH THIS STATEMENT DO NOT REPLY TO IT. I am not in the mood to hear this tier talk and other boring things.

D

Deleted member

i never really liked mewtwo, but i came across this youtube video saying that there was still some sort of data left over on brawl from melee that is from mewtwo. they say you can possibly hack to get him, but couldnt you do that anyway? well if you hack brawl... than i guess theres hope for you.
only vistory music and something else that is rahter useless in terms of resurrecting him.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Your right about the music and stuff. There was a Mewtwo file and I even hacked my Brawl too. All there was were sounds of Shadow Ball, Teleport, and Mewtwo emitting a yell like he was using apowerful move. There could be a way(but highly illegal and not recommened doing) but requires thorough knowledge in messing with game programming. Just transfer Mewtwo data to Brawl, give what adjustments you want, and make him adjust to Brawl's game engine. Again, even IF you can do this I heavily discourage use of doing it.

D

Deleted member

Your right about the music and stuff. There was a Mewtwo file and I even hacked my Brawl too. All there was were sounds of Shadow Ball, Teleport, and Mewtwo emitting a yell like he was using apowerful move. There could be a way(but highly illegal and not recommened doing) but requires thorough knowledge in messing with game programming. Just transfer Mewtwo data to Brawl, give what adjustments you want, and make him adjust to Brawl's game engine. Again, even IF you can do this I heavily discourage use of doing it.
that's very easy to do these days.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Mewtwo should have come back to Brawl. Considering he had an original moveset makes his loss unbearable. still, they could have probably make him better. Melee Mewtwo was so poorly designed.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I'll be honest, I'd care more if Lucario, my favorite pokemon, didn't replace him.
Because it'd totally be a matter of Lucario and Mewtwo for the slot, right? Jigglypuff was the one who was competing for it if anything, what with how she was added so much later on then Lucario.

Besides, it'd make far more sense to kick, say, Shiek, Toon Link, Falco, Rob, or Ice Climbers over Lucario for Mewtwo. . .

Top Bottom