• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Else Miss The Psychic Master, Mewtwo?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I miss mewtwo. He was my favorite melee character. I about exploded with rage when i saw "you unlocked wolf" and then "You've unlocked all characters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of the Spoon, I'm a big fan of Pokemon Special so I went ahead and made a buffed M2 moveset using his spoon for some standard attacks. I was going to post this 1st on the SSB4 tread, but here works just as well. ;)

Mewtwo (buffed)

Notes:
Weight is now about Ness's
Slightly faster at dashing, about Pit's
Still Floaty

Pros:
Has better attributes then Melee version
Has a 3 more kill moves
Amazing Recovery
Can Glide now
Can now reflect projectiles for damage
Amazing Throws
Now has his bad-*** spoon sword!

Cons:
Still Floaty
Still lighter than normal
Still has not to many kill moves
Big hit box

Specials:

Neutral - Shadow Ball - Same as Melee

Side - Psychic - Same as Confusion but less laggy and reflected projectiles now do damage,

Up - Teleport - Same as Melee

Down - Barrier - Mewtwo's version of the Star Fox shine, slightly larger than his shield, but a strong enough attack can cancel it and put M2 in a disabled state, does no damage to opponite on contact,

Final - Psystrike - Mewtwo's signature move in Pokemon, stops and launches a psychic energy ripple about 3/5 the size of the Negative Zone, high knockback,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - same as Melee, slightly less lag,

Forward - a downward slash with his spoon, similar to his battering ram item Smash in Melee,

Up - Same as Melee

Down - Same as Melee

Dash - spins his spoon while dashing forward, similar to battering ram item dash in Melee, does less damage and is shorter,

Aerials:

Neutral - Same as Melee

Forward - a basic slash with his spoon, has more range then Melee F-Air but is a bit laggier,

Up - Same as Ike's U-Air but with his Spoon, has less knockback then Ike's, New Kill Move,

Down - Same as Melee

Back - Same as Melee

Smashes:

Forward - Does a powerful horizontal slash with his spoon, New Kill Move,

Up - Same as Melee

Down - A downward slash with his spoon, the spoon then extends by itself backwards for a back hit, New Kill Move,

Throws:

Pummel - Same as Melee

Forward - Same as Melee

Up - Same as Melee

Down - Same as Melee, can still Chain Grab!

Back - Throws opponent back and stabs them with his spoon,

Other:

Glides by floating

Taunts:
1. Same as Melee
2. Crosses his arms and taunts "I'm just warming up!"
3. Jumps a bit of the ground and hovers above for a second

Costumes:

Green - Shiny Pokemon
Pink - Mew Reference
Blue
Red/Orange
Black

finalark

SNORLAX
What does this thread constantly keeping getting necro'd? Why? Mewtwo is a horrible character and Lucario is much better. Besides, Smash 4 will probably have Zoroark in to replace Lucario anyway.

Zoa

Smash Ace
This thread can keep going if it wants to. It's entirely up to the people. Now shut up about killing the thread. I've tried it several times, but it keeps coming back.

About Zoroark replacing Lucario, pull your head out of your *** and get over the replacement bull****. There is no evidence WHATSOEVER that Lucario was meant to replace Mewtwo.

This all started because some unfortunate ******* decided to get the idea into their head and state that Lucario replaced Mewtwo. There are voice clips of Mewtwo in the game which means that he was partially programmed, and thus would have most likely made appearance.

This replacement bull**** is strictly based on opinion and not fact. Until there is supporting evidence that is based on fact that Mewtwo was meant to be replaced, do the Mewtwo fanbase a favor and shut the hell up. It is incredibly doubtful that Lucario will be replaced because of the ridiculous cluster**** that this topic has become.

:phone:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I do miss mewtwo, but I do still like lucario. It is true that there's no evidence of mewtwo being replaced, so I'm not going to complain. I'm fine with either character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had that awesome Mewtwo revamp moveset. Lemme see if I can find it.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You guys need to stop bumping this.

Mewtwo is gone. End of story.
Well, you don't actually know that. He WAS planned for Brawl, so it'd be obvious that Sakurai does want him to return. Brawl time, he wasn't important at all. His last huge appearence before brawl was Melee. So clearly, that's saying something.

EDIT: Forgot to say, this goes to anyone who thinks like this guy.

Top Bottom