• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Heh, Luigi Zone causing air-tripping? Amazing.
The mann vs lain video almost made me spit up my lunch cause it was so funny. Lain got killed by Luigi's FS twice cause he tried to grab the ledge. And lain did 'dorf's FS backwards but still got mann. Best. Match. Ever.

dingding

Smash Ace
nice getting vids up fast.. just asking was there another tape cause i recorded some matchs and didn't see them up on youtube

rofa

Smash Journeyman
omg u guys calm down lol. i am NOT done with the vids but will be later today. you guys are so antsy! chilllll. i still have to upload /organize lots of videos. im using a super slow internet connection with a batch uploader that is buggy as **** (**** youtube) so give me some time. ill make a post later today with all the info on the individual matches.

in other news, the next biweekly will be on the 30th/31st, and the side tournament will be announced shortly. i apologize for not posting the tournament results on allisbrawl yet, but I haven't had access to that computer all week. I will do that later today when I post the videos.

so yeah, for future reference: it takes awhile to extract/upload/organize over 100 videos. be patient

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No johns, rofa. You ought to be working at the speed of light, so that time stands still and you can get all the work done in a split second.

Or faster than light, so that all the videos are uploaded before the tournament even happened.

TheMann

Smash Ace
The mann vs lain video almost made me spit up my lunch cause it was so funny. Lain got killed by Luigi's FS twice cause he tried to grab the ledge. And lain did 'dorf's FS backwards but still got mann. Best. Match. Ever.
Yea Luigi's FS is too good. Better than I thought. It forces people to taunt and everything lol. The whole FS tourny was fun.

Props to Rofa for his hard work too, thats alot of videos. Can't wait to see the rest :)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
dang i missed a FS tourney that sucks but skool ends tomorrow here i come ill bring my wii if i come if u want :bigthumbu

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Alright, the time has come:

UBER VIDEO POST! (RB1 and 2!) Click HERE OMG.

So yeah, that is the new video page (for now). I will add videos from future tournaments there.

My one request is that you guys help me organize these videos! If you see a really sweet match, reply to the thread and say which match it is / why it so sweet.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Friday Side Tournament: 1 Stock!

Friday Side Tournament Announcement

This week the $5 Friday side tournament will be:

1 STOCK TOURNAMENT!

How will this work you ask?

• Matches will be a best of 7 games (each game 1 stock)
  • The WINNER of each game must remain the same character for the next game
  • The LOSER of each game gets to counterpick both character and stage!!!
  • All finals will be best of 11 games

This tournament's focus is on counterpicking. Because the winner of each game has to remain the same character, the loser has the ability to counterpick a stage/character that will give him a distinct advantage over the other player.

Of course, the other primary difference in this tournament is that after every death, both players have their damage reset. Therefore, every stock is the last stock. 1 stock, 1 life, 1 chance at victory.

Should be fun

Reminder: This tournament starts at 10 PM on Friday May 30th.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
ROFA, please can u get me tha videos of ma mario.. all of em

i will suck yo **** man, i also got these cheeseburgers man

Scala

Smash Ace
I've been looking for smash tourneys in my area. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Since it's over the span of a couple days, how do tournaments work? Multiple tournaments or is it split up over 2 days? I'd hate if it was the latter since it's about a 45 minute drive for me (and gas prices o_o).

I'll probably come at least one of the days regardless how it's set up since I've been looking for some decent smash players...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
rofa has a smashfest on Friday where he runs some side tournaments occasionally and everyone just has a good time.

Saturday is when he hosts the main tournaments, doubles and singles.

Scala

Smash Ace
He says his tournament starts at 10:00pm, is it generally an all-nighter kind of thing or something?
The way it sounds I'll probably start coming on saturdays then.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, it is a two day event. Read the main post here, everything is explained.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164142

And yes, at the Friday event people stay up really late. That's why people are encouraged to bring sleeping bags and stuff, I have tons of places to sleep.

Oh and Thax: My sincerest apologies, but the tracking on the tape where you recorded those matches got Fed up hardcore. I don't know what the heck was wrong, but alot of the matches were complete junk because of it. I'll see if I can salvage more later this week when I return to the lab, but I doubt it. Next time, I'll send you your files if you want. Once again, so sorry. What VCR were you using btw?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
My parents are 'forcing' me to come home from Toledo, OH to see my brothers High School graduation. By forcing I mean they guilt tripped me. Oh well, hopefully there is another one.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh and Thax: My sincerest apologies, but the tracking on the tape where you recorded those matches got Fed up hardcore. I don't know what the heck was wrong, but alot of the matches were complete junk because of it. I'll see if I can salvage more later this week when I return to the lab, but I doubt it. Next time, I'll send you your files if you want. Once again, so sorry. What VCR were you using btw?
It might be the VCR I played on in your first biweekly? I only noticed some minor sound errors in the friendlies I played with Okiyama:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Od3rXJxrmIg
However, in a doubles match with plenty of Snakes and explosions going on, all hell broke loose.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tr43YziQBmA
around 1:26 or so.

It might have trouble dealing with loud audio or something.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
that error is actually quite different from the one on thax's tape. on thax's tape the image would move up and down constantly, moving off the screen and then back on it. it was impossible to watch. which vcr were u on that did that ankoku? was that the one by the window?

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Ah, I wish I could go to these... the job that I have keeps scheduling me for weekends, so there's no way I could make it without requesting a bunch of days off. ;.;

Vayseth

Smash Master
Let's try to get a big turnout then guys! Everyone show up, that means you bowyer!! You and your GR friends. That means you Ankoku! Do your lain money match and I'll play IaMP with you! That means EVERYONE!! Be there this weekend. If we don't start getting good turnouts for brawl certain people might not be able to go to tournaments anymore, and that would make us all sad pandas =(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It can't be helped, I suppose...

I'll try my best to steal a car before this weekend.

Legan

Smash Lord
Hey michigan, im moving back to Kalamazoo from the stl and I plan on attending future smashfest & tournaments. Hope to meet you all.

Except thaxecptional ewww.

Kel

Smash Master
Tink, I don't think you want to come up man. Cincinnati's coming, and you wouldn't want to put your name to shame because of that... would ya?

(I'm ****-talking btw)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Who makes up Cincinnati, exactly? I think I know you and Dr. X, but I don't really remember anyone else for the moment.

Kel

Smash Master
Who makes up Cincinnati, exactly? I think I know you and Dr. X, but I don't really remember anyone else for the moment.
Kel, Sliq, Overswarm, Ameer (1337), Quivo, Dr. X, Noah, Megachuck, Clowsui, Smash64, Phil + Matt Buttram, Michelle, Amani (non school year)/ BGcinciballer, etc.

However, I'll be bringing Dr. X and myself. Probably NOT Q,. Maybe someone else.

(I was **** talking because I want Tink to go, the **** talking is encouragement)

Tink

Smash Hero
=)....my ride said hes for sure going at this moment, so for now, i'm coming and i will love to own some ohio azs.

lain

Smash Master
dude, this tournament is gonna be ****ing huge and awesome.

i'm gonna beat some good people and get my name out there hurray!

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
****, this looks sweet. Sliq coming by chance? I'd love to see his ganon up close.

I'll be there, we'll see if I actually have $10 to spend though >_> (**** you, Euro!)

Vayseth

Smash Master
****, this looks sweet. Sliq coming by chance? I'd love to see his ganon up close.

I'll be there, we'll see if I actually have $10 to spend though >_> (**** you, Euro!)
I dno if your roomies told you, but we have a bunch of your stuff from your house that you might have forgotten while you were in Europe. Call me and we'll play smash and I can return this stuff to you.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Sweeet! I think I'll come for Friday at least. It's only 12 min. away from my house!
One question: Will there be at least a few general controllers for people to use? Unfortunately for me, my mum won't let me keep a Cube or Wii at home so I don't have any controllers on me.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Oh, right... my shoes... You game for some smash tomorrow? I get off of work at 5...

Oh, and does it matter when we show up on Friday?

...I needed more ellipses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom