• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yea I just don't pay enough attention to be complaining about it haha. One in Ann Arbor is pretty convenient for me though :bee:, although I am a Spartan >.> <.<
Then you better main ganondorf and spam his F-tilt.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Vayseth Why Are You Capitalizing Every Letter In Your Sentence?!?

Man, I'm going to stop slacking off now and get back to studying :/

lain

Smash Master
for some reason if you have caps on for the entire post it actually just capitalizes every word's first letter.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Tl decays by the emission of beta particles (half-life = 3.1 minutes). As a result, Pb is produced. After 9.3 mins, an initially pure sample of Tl contains 7 g of Pb. What was the approximate mass of the original sample?

a. 7 g
b. 8 g
c. 28 g
d. 32 g

just thought id give you a practice question cuz i know you're getting distracted again

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, it's B.

It's asking for how much Tl there is to produce 7g Pb in three half-lives, or in other words, how much initial Tl there is to lose 7g of itself in three half-lives. Seeing that this is what it's asking, the answer is B: 8g. After one half-life, it loses 4g, then another it loses 2g, and the third 1g. This makes a total of 7g.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
actually, im not sure but isn't the answer B?

here look:

----0---1---2---3 <--- number 0f half lifes

TI: 8---4---2---1 <--- amount of ti

PB: 0---4---6---7 <--- amount of pb

so there were 8 to start then ya?

edit: d4mn u ankooku! u beat me to it while i was making my chart!!

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Actually, it's B.

It's asking for how much Tl there is to produce 7g Pb in three half-lives, or in other words, how much initial Tl there is to lose 7g of itself in three half-lives. Seeing that this is what it's asking, the answer is B: 8g. After one half-life, it loses 4g, then another it loses 2g, and the third 1g. This makes a total of 7g.

2 smart sons

theguyfromlabyrinth

Smash Cadet
oh dams. I live like ten minutes away, but I've been abroad all semester (worst semester to go abroad) and so I will probably blow at the game when I get back, although I have managed to find someone to play with VERY occasionally over here in Europe. NEVERTHELESS +1 SEMI-REGULAR GET

at least in the summer, since I go to school out of state.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Rofl, I just randomly chose a letter. I've been doing orgo for 2 days straight now so gen chem is too much for my brain to handle :D

theguyfromlabyrinth

Smash Cadet
I'm no chem major, so I call it "I can't believe you're willingly taking this class" :]

"Orgo" sounds Australian. Not that that's a bad thing. I don't dislike it, I just had never heard it before - everyone at my school, like you said, calls it "o-chem." Or "o-my god kill me."

kinda wish I knew of this back in sophomore year when all my friends were taking it. "Do you have orgo lab this arvo, mate?"

Dubz

Smash Cadet
I'm no chem major, so I call it "I can't believe you're willingly taking this class" :]

"Orgo" sounds Australian. Not that that's a bad thing. I don't dislike it, I just had never heard it before - everyone at my school, like you said, calls it "o-chem." Or "o-my god kill me."

kinda wish I knew of this back in sophomore year when all my friends were taking it. "Do you have orgo lab this arvo, mate?"
Its definitely orgo :p

lain

Smash Master
so rofa, let me be the first to tell you that your place is now on the Midwest East Circuit.

yayyyyy. just pm Kel or post it in the thread when you want it to be, but it has to be sometime in August.

1 STOCK BE TOO EFFING GOOODD BABY

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
so rofa, let me be the first to tell you that your place is now on the Midwest East Circuit.

yayyyyy. just pm Kel or post it in the thread when you want it to be, but it has to be sometime in August.

1 STOCK BE TOO EFFING GOOODD BABY
Good ****, lain and rofa. I'll have to be sure to visit in August, then. :)

rofa

Smash Journeyman
yes, we will choose a date soon! as for some updates:

on friday the side tournament will have smash balls on low, not full evo rules (those are just too stupid)

im slacking on the youtube videos because real life can be a *****, but fear not, they will all be finished (and all info changed) soon

also, would anyone like to be an all star and get here early on friday (maybe around 3?) to help me setup 'n ****? that would be sweeeeeet. call me 760 613 4128 if you can come early

caymon

Smash Rookie
The tourney is saturday? I've never been to any of these smashfests in Ann Arbor because I've been at school.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
there is a smashfest on friday starting at 5 PM. people will just be playing for fun and anyone is welcome to attend free of charge. at the smashfest there will be a $5 side tournament WITH SMASH BALLS ON starting around 9-10 PM.

the standard brawl tournament is on Saturday. doubles starts at 1 PM and costs $20 per team. singles starts at 4-5 PM and is $10 per entry.

edit: ATTENTION: Please bring your Wiis!!!! I know you all have Wiis, so bring them!! Also bring TVs kk thnx

caymon

Smash Rookie
I had fun. I didn't get destroyed as badly as my first smash tourney, but I do have room for improvement.

lain

Smash Master
i had a good time. until i lost to anther. SO FRUSTRATING. tied for 5th... miserable! i just sorta gave up after that (no johnssssss the mann XDD)

but yeah. i'm totally in love with Chancey baby. annnddd it was great playing ganon for the first serious time. everyone will see him get better later ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom