• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
haha yea that's fine okiyama, and yes i think you have some matches on the other two tapes. in other news, the FRIDAY SIDE TOURNAMENT will be:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles with SMASH BALLS on!

okay, before the flaming starts.... you don't have to enter if it really bugs you that much. however, i think it will be fun!! also, because we will be recording videos, this can serve as proof that a tournament with smash balls on is completely unbalanced. we can simply compare the results from friday's side tournament to the results on saturday.

although smash balls clearly are not balanced in the game, i think having a tournament with them will add a fun and exciting aspect to the game. when the smash ball spawns do you go after it or try and punish your opponent for going after it?

but yeah, this tournament starts at 9 PM on friday and is $5, so be there!!!

edit: i also would like to add the the pricing for the saturday tournament has been changed. singles NO LONGER costs $15 if you don't enter doubles. The new pricing system = $20 per doubles team, $10 per singles entry

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd just like to mention that Smash Balls being the only item on will heavily skew gameplay because they'll always spawn every 30 or so seconds. You may or may not want to add a few minor items to dilute the pool, at the very least.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'd just like to mention that Smash Balls being the only item on will heavily skew gameplay because they'll always spawn every 30 or so seconds. You may or may not want to add a few minor items to dilute the pool, at the very least.
On Low they spawn approx. every 1 and a half minutes. Trust me, I figured it out XD I was practicing for my smash balls tournament in Chicago this weekend.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DdHzsN0drvo

0:29 smashball
0:37 finalsmash used
1:15 smashball
1:22 finalsmash used
2:01 smashball
2:10 finalsmash used

I dunno, I've seen at least two smashballs in the games I played with Boyr, and we never got to 3 minutes.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
omg rofa, use the Evo rules and record the matches. It'll be funny to throw some of that crap in their faces :D

rofa

Smash Journeyman
lol exactly :) does anyone have a link to their exact rules (or know them)

rofa

Smash Journeyman
holy crap seriously? this is boggling my mind. i will edit this later with my opinion lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Rofa, a couple questions.

1. Are you planning to wait on the rest of the vids being split before uploading?
2. Should I keep the ones I've uploaded or do you want me to delete them once you've got them up on your channel?
3. If the whole uploading thing is too much trouble, I can just download and upload the rest :p I've been wasting a lot of not-using-Internet time playing Tsukihime, anyway.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
im going to upload them over the course of tonight, and yeah i guess it would be cool to remove them so they are all in one place. i made an account "rofasbiweeklies" and id like to keep all of the videos on that. ill split the other videos this week and upload them seperately. and no, its not too much, thanks though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I only have a random copy of Melty Blood Re-ACT, so no, I'm actually playing Tsukihime.

I'll probably get MBAC once I've finished all the endings, though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wowowowoow....... watching my vids vs. anther and I cannot WAIT for them to be on YouTube so I can watch them again and again.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

TheMann

Smash Ace
OMG PPLZ!!! I'm home for the summer and my bro owns this game which means...I finally get to practice!!! Luigi is better than I thought in this game so watch out. Also I finally got to learn new characters. I hope I can make the upcoming tournament so I can show some of what I learned. :D

How's the turn out been on the tournaments lately?

rofa

Smash Journeyman
yo themann, you better make it to the one this weekend. comon dont be a scrub. someone give this mann a ride!

rofa

Smash Journeyman
dude, ankoku, i know you were trying to help, but you added 52 of my videos to youtube, with details and everything? wtf that's...weird? i put those there for people to use personally before i added them to youtube on my own account to link that account to a central biweekly webspace. when i said upload a few videos, i was mearly being nice seeing as you had already done so without asking. sure people might be like "omg i want to watch myself on youtube!" but they can wait the few days while i organize them. can you please take those down im in the process of adding these and it just seems silly. vids will be up in next 24 hours btw

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The videos I uploaded were the following:
Videos of me
Videos of Shaeden (by request... sorta)
One random set of Anther vs a Meta Knight player

According to my folder, that number is 26, not 52.

And, yes, you could've easily told me to remove them if you take that much offense to it... Please don't attempt to guilt-trip me, if I'd known you wouldn't like me uploading some vids early I wouldn't've done so, and if you told me early on (around when Panda mentioned your vids being up) then I could've just stopped and deleted them right there. I have to leave right now, so I'll start deleting the vids sometime around noon today.

EDIT: They're all gone. I'm watchin' your channel so I can fix my broken links later, so dun' be late, ze~.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
okay, fair enough. in other news my internet crapped out on me last night about 1/4th of the way through the upload process, so im restarting it now and itll probably take the rest of the day. i will post the links later

rofa

Smash Journeyman
indeed that is the channel. the videos are currently being uploaded and i will edit all the titles/descriptions later. they won't be organized till later but be my guest and look around there in the mean time

edit: had to go out for a bit so vids wont finish uploading/have organized info 'til late tonight.

edit 2: yes i was mistaken ankoku, not all of those videos were yours. and i guess i overreacted. well, thats definitely the last time i let people have the raw files except upon individual request. part of my goal in putting the videos on youtube is to build enthusiasm and interest for the biweeklies. right now there is a website in the works and the youtube channel will link there. i hope to get more people to the tournies and gain notoriety in doing so. the only reason i didnt put the videos on youtube to begin with was because i was totally exhausted and had other things to do, so i dragged and dropped them into my u of m webspace for you guys to watch individually. so, when you guys get a chance, please remove them from youtube. (not you ankoku, the others). if there are specific details about a match that you want added (i.e. if it was a money match) tell me and i will change the details.

sorry for the long post

lain

Smash Master
YOU GOT IT.

also dude i might stop by today afterschool to play.

i main ganon 100% now, but don't worry i got a few tricks i learned ;D

rofa

Smash Journeyman
or perhaps he's talking about the $5 tournament on friday!

to recap the schedule and pricing:

Smashfest starts at 5 PM on Friday

Smashfest side tournament starts at 9 PM on friday. It's a SMASHBALLS tournament and it might also have items enabled if we decide to go with the evo rules, ill decide for sure in the next day.

Saturday Brawl Doubles (1 PM) - $20 per team
Saturday Brawl Singles (4-5 PM) - $10 per entry

edit: youtube is doing a system update and the batch uploader is unavailable, so i can't edit all the videos at once. so itll probably still be a day before the videos/keywords are done. www.youtube.com/rofasbiweeklies

Dubz

Smash Cadet
Zomg tournaments in Michigan? blasphemy. Do you have to sign up for this singles tourney or just show up on Saturday?

Vayseth

Smash Master
This tournament usually has registration generally 30 min before they actually start. There isn't any pre-registration from what I know.

There are multiple tournaments in Michigan every weekend, and at least 1 every week in Ann Arbor.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
**** another tournament missed b/c of baseball
Cant w8 2 come give about 1 more week skool ends the 23rd woo!!!

Dubz

Smash Cadet
This tournament usually has registration generally 30 min before they actually start. There isn't any pre-registration from what I know.

There are multiple tournaments in Michigan every weekend, and at least 1 every week in Ann Arbor.
Yea I just don't pay enough attention to be complaining about it haha. One in Ann Arbor is pretty convenient for me though :bee:, although I am a Spartan >.> <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom