• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
leave it to me to bail dope out of a no teammate situation 10 hrs away from the tournament. we'll probably go out first anyway though

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
ok soooooooooooooooooo i think me and deeboe are teaming for this? vidjo is being emo and not saying **** on aim.

so count on him being here.

OS is teaming with me???? not sure

so as of right now im not sure whats going on with teams. ANTHER, if you dont have a teamate RIGHT NOW, your mine.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm still lookin' for a teammate, 'cause nobody's responded yet.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ok soooooooooooooooooo i think me and deeboe are teaming for this? vidjo is being emo and not saying **** on aim.

so count on him being here.

OS is teaming with me???? not sure

so as of right now im not sure whats going on with teams. ANTHER, if you dont have a teamate RIGHT NOW, your mine.
I'm teaming with Kel.

If for some reason he dies on the way there, sure, but I think he'll survive the trip.

TheMann

Smash Ace
So I guess nobody is anywhere near inkster to give me a ride huh? Oh well guess I gotta miss this one. Yall better have lots of vids for me to see so I can at least pretend like I was there lol

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Anther on Rofa's Account.
Hey TheMann, where in Inkster do you stay?!
I would've picked you up if I hadn't been in Ypsi for the weekend.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Anther on Rofa's Account.
Hey TheMann, where in Inkster do you stay?!
I would've picked you up if I hadn't been in Ypsi for the weekend.
Anther!! I'm right across the street from the Inkster Recreational center, you know on middlebelt. So hopefully next time you can pick me up :D.

Now go out there and win some matches young man lol.

okiyama

Smash Ace
M2K might go?

Lol, my friend's such a fanboy for him and he's staying adamant to not go to this because of the 10 dollar price tag XD!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
He's in New York. I miss him so. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'll be showing up a bit after 5 too... unless Kel can warp or skip classes.

Who has a friday class these days, anyway?
wait sliqs in ny now? i played a sliq from ny on allisbrawl and got rocked by his ganon is that him LOL

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Anther and Shaeden won doubles, with lain and Joel taking second, and Overswarm and Kel getting third.

lol, I suck so bad at this game, I'm so disappointed in Sheik for Brawl (especially when I try her in Melee and everything just works), and Shaeden keeps saying he's terrible while he's busy spiking Snakes fifty times and wrecking Joel's G&W.

Vayseth

Smash Master
OFFICIAL RESULTS FROM ROFA'S SMASHFEST/TOURNAMENT:

This tournament was so crazy that the computer ate the bracket and we are forced to guess who placed where. There's a great game that I like to play and it's called test my photographic memory! Let's see how this goes...

Friday Night Brawl tournament:

1. Overswarm
2. Anther

NO ONE ELSE MATTAZ. THEYZ THE ONLY ONEZ WHO GOTS THE $$.

DOUBLES RESULTS, 12 teams:

1. ****z and gigglez (Anther and Shaeden)
2. NoJ and Lain
3. Overswarm and Kel
4. Dope and Skeet Shady
5. Vayseth and Rofa
5. Wixomz

SINGLES RESULTS, 22 entrants:

1. Overswarm ($135, R.O.B., Snake)
2. Anther ($57, Pikachu)
3. Shaeden ($22, Marth)
4. Skeet Shady ($10, Olimar, Fox, Marth)
5. Dope ($1, Dedede)
5. Samurai Panda ($1, Snake, Ganon,...?)
7. NoJ (G+W)
7. lain (Marth, G+W)

Tons of videos were taken, it was great fun, and we hope to see you all again next time!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm pretty sure Panda left before you guys distributed prize money... how did he get his dollar?

lain

Smash Master
dude. i got third in the late night tourney! and ya know how i did it mutha****a? i 2-0'ed overswarm making it to finals, but then losing to anther, and then overswarm LOL

good times.....

lain

Smash Master
when will videos be posted rofa? i'd love to get all the footage of me as i can, so i can like watch it and get better. plus i can show G&W boards that i'm good. even though i sucked it up at this tournament haha.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think I have a bunch of friendlies with Okiyama and one friendly with Anther, lol. Playing Brawl Marth felt kinda like I was playing Melee again.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I won a dollar? And Anther stoled it?? ...The implications are astounding.

Dude, I love how you put Ganon there just because of my match with Epic. I think I also used Sonic and D3 that set. Best set ever. Although it was the only time I played anybody but Snake :/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's why I didn't count Ganondorf as real data in my character rankings list :p

Vayseth

Smash Master
It was more I was testing my memory, it's pretty darn good =)

Videos are going to start to be encoded tomorrow. ROFA and BUSA are going to try to start them tomorrow and I might stop in to help.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I didn't use Snake in the actual tournament; straight ROB all the way after pools.

That'll change in the future though ;)

Also:

ANTHER IS AMAZING.

We need a HUGE midwest tournament to bring in the EC and WC so we can destroy them.

I'll post more later, but I just got back and I'm tired and have another tournament to drive to tomorrow.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
It was more I was testing my memory, it's pretty darn good =)

Videos are going to start to be encoded tomorrow. ROFA and BUSA are going to try to start them tomorrow and I might stop in to help.

u guys r awsome with vids :)

sry to everyone that wanteed me to win :/ my neck was in pain and i was just playing like crap in general, along side the fact that everyone is gradually getting better and better.
im bringing my A game on sunday.
hopefully vidjo and m2k will be there

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i can't go on sunday, i have to leave back to new jersey on Thursday sometime because I have college Friday night and I can't afford to miss anymore.

if anyone wants to visit me to play some Brawl or Melee or pretty much any video game, then I'm at vidjo's hotel room; who wants to come!?! I'm dying for some smash!!!

message me on aim - oovideogamegodoo (I'm on invisilble a lot) or vidjogamer if I leave that online or leave a message here.

edit - how big are these tournaments usually? this looked pretty small :\

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uhh, this one had 22 people enter singles.

The one last week had around 39, I think.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
Big tournaments every week gets pretty demanding as far as scheduling and money goes.

Although I'll be gone for most of the summer, I hope you guys work out a system that can get more consistent turnouts of ~40 people.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Well, this number was a bit deceiving since the ENTIRE wixom crew and Solon left early, which was at least 10 people. In addition, Omniswell nor the bay city guys showed up due to johns. If M2K and Vidjo along with all those guys actually showed up, no johns, that would have beaten last week. Not to mention, I didn't see a lot of scrubs there either, and usually they run away if they hear a good player is coming. Anyway, next week is mother's day so I'm not expecting a huge turnout but if you could come, that'd be GREAT. And I'll be gone for the next Rofa tournament =( so I'll see you guys at my next 2 tournaments guys.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
This was most likely my last tournament in Michigan until August. I'll be gone for about 12 weeks starting May 15th, and I'm not likely to be able to make the next tournament.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
Anther and Shaeden won doubles, with lain and Joel taking second, and Overswarm and Kel getting third.

lol, I suck so bad at this game, I'm so disappointed in Sheik for Brawl (especially when I try her in Melee and everything just works), and Shaeden keeps saying he's terrible while he's busy spiking Snakes fifty times and wrecking Joel's G&W.
i still think i'm not good, everyone else was off. anther still carried me in teams.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vidsssssssssssssssssssssssss

also, I'll be in Ireland for the next one of these. Anther can win that one ^_^

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I think one of the vids had like 5+ friendlies between me and Kel. We even had a random ditto match recorded :D Wait, did we even write that on the sheet? Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom