• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
If i go i cant throw gas money in seeing all i have is 10 bucks....... and the tourney is ten......

:( I'll pay back at the next biweekly

.... Im in detroit Scala..

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
That was fun, too bad I couldn't stay for Saturday. I've realized that I've gotten really rusty in the month I haven't played, and I think the next time I'll be able to even pick up a controller will be the next time this biweekly goes. The next biweekly is actually the day I take the MCAT, so I would probably just head over once I finish. Man, I have a lot of catching up to do =/

Dubz

Smash Cadet
I'll have to come down to you guys more often, was fun :). I'll bring down my recording thing next time to help out, sorry I forgot lol.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
yeah you definitely should dubz! was nice to meet you. and yeah, recording stuff would be awesome!

oh and speaking of that. people were telling me that they wanted to record matches but didn't get the chance to. remember, anyone can record a match! it doesn't have to be a tourney match. i upload friendlies to youtube too. if you want matches recorded, just play on a recording station and log them on the sheet. ill take care of the rest.

was a fun biweekly and i'll see you all in 2 weeks

smash64

Smash Champion
hey rofa this is eddie i had had alot of fun playing every one in the tourneys never got to play you thoe one on one hopefuly ill be there next time also, but hey if you put any video of me playing put them as Smash64 and not eddie :)

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So yeah... Kel beat me, I beat Omni, Omni beat Lain, and Lain beat Kel. :dizzy:

These are great. I can't wait for the next one... Hopefully us Cincy people will be able to make it again.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Yai! That was a lot of fun! I'll prolly come to the Friday friendlies next time (2 days is just a bit much for me!) Either way, it was a lot of fun!!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Come to think of it, rofa's never actually posted results, so I'm going to take some wild guesses and hope someone who went can fix whatever I do wrong.

EDIT:
1. Anther (Lucario/Pikachu)
2. Needle of Juntah (G&W/Meta Knight)
3. Rofa (Meta Knight)
4. Omniswell (Wolf/Meta Knight)
5. Skeet Shady (Dedede)
5. Kel (Meta Knight)
7. Lain (G&W)
7. TheMann (Luigi)

Hey guys, I know top tier is the win tier, but seriously... what's with all the Meta Knight?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
whoa whoa whoa

rofa got 3rd?

That was unexpected. No offense to Rofa, but I'm impressed with that.

Good stuff to Doctor X too....

Kel, beat Lain next time! Me and you, 1rst and 2nd every midwest circuit event. I'll take first.

Vayseth

Smash Master
These are the only results that have been confirmed:

1. Anther
2. Joel
3. Rofa
4. Omniswell
5. Skeet Shady
5. Kel
7. Lain
7. TheMann

Real results later today

smash64

Smash Champion
Overswarm i heard alot of great thing about you i mean seeing every one play at rofa's were awesome but if you came in first place last time then you must be a unstopoble!

Kel

Smash Master
I stopped using meta half way through the bracket and went fox a bunch. My set with the Mann was all Fox Vs. Luigi. I can't wait for those vids, it was a fun set.

TheMann

Smash Ace
I stopped using meta half way through the bracket and went fox a bunch. My set with the Mann was all Fox Vs. Luigi. I can't wait for those vids, it was a fun set.
Yes it was a good set indeed ur a good player and I would love to play you again sometime. You surprised me by going fox though. I expected to fight ur metaknight lol.

Rofas was fun as usual. It was good to see some people from out of state.

Eddie ur ness is too good man keep at it. Its always good to see somebody play a character other than metaknight or game and watch :chuckle:.

Kel

Smash Master
What happened to Sonic mangz??? I thought he was too good.
Impossible to win with. And even when you do manage to win, the game takes 7 minutes. Sonic has no killing moves.
All of the characters I actually want to play are low tier. So, I ***** out and go meta.

BIG C

Smash Master
Impossible to win with. And even when you do manage to win, the game takes 7 minutes. Sonic has no killing moves.
All of the characters I actually want to play are low tier. So, I ***** out and go meta.
rofl way to go you just admitted how bad the game actually is thank you.

Scala

Smash Ace
Hey guys that was awesome fun. I would have stuck around for Saturday but something came up in the morning and I had to scram.

Regardless, I'm gonna start coming down for the rest of them during the summer so I can sharpen up my diddy game. :D

Also a few of you guys said you lived around detroit/dearborn.. if you want to meet up and play some friendlies that would be awesome. I really need some advice on what I should do to improve my game.

smash64

Smash Champion
Yes it was a good set indeed ur a good player and I would love to play you again sometime. You surprised me by going fox though. I expected to fight ur metaknight lol.

Rofas was fun as usual. It was good to see some people from out of state.

Eddie ur ness is too good man keep at it. Its always good to see somebody play a character other than metaknight or game and watch :chuckle:.
thanks man ill try to get alot better for the next time we play

Doctor X

Smash Lord
He said the same thing about picking up Fox in Melee >_>
It's funny how that works... People act like Melee had the most balanced character list ever and it just didn't. Brawl's has hardly been explored at this point when you really think about it. A lot of people would rather john Meta or G&W than really trying to figure other characters out. They were surprised when smash64 was owning with Ness and TheMann was stomping *** with Luigi.

Hell... Kel started rocking some **** with Mario earlier tonight. You know he can stall on the edge by caping away over and over, and his dair and uair both autocancel? I didn't know that. I wonder if the community would have ever found something like that if everyone just complained about what we think the high-tiers are now...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meh, I'm still playin' Sheik. And I really need to figure out a way to make it to one of these things so I can see how my Sheik does. :p

Melee isn't balanced, but neither is Brawl. I figure they're more or less similar in balance, though in a slightly different manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom